Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Jun 3, 2018
Spent a bit of last night doing some renders to look at different outfits and hairstyles on Dee, Tried out some DoF too, but messed up one of the angles. My gf is home now, and I showed her (most of) my renders so far, she's quite eager to do something like this with me. She had this thought of Dee being an influencer (kinda where the actual DMD story is going) without knowing much about any of it. We also want to try making our own characters too.

Anyway, I wanted to do a straw poll and see which of these sets you'd want to see more of. I wasn't focusing on environment or posing so much, so there's plently more room for experimentation, I just want to see which 1 (or 2) I ought to work with more. Let me know what you think!

Oh yeah, and I changed my name and profile pic to match up with my other accounts - this was DeathAdder90 before.

Babydoll 1

Dee fashion shoot woods - babydoll - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - babydoll - view 4.jpg

Corset 1

Dee fashion shoot woods - corset 1 - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - corset 1 - view 4.jpg

DI Dress

Dee fashion shoot woods - di dress - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - di dress - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - di dress - view 5.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - di dress - view 2.jpg

Babydoll 2

Dee fashion shoot woods - babydoll 2 - view 1.jpg

Full Body Lace

Dee fashion shoot woods - fullbodylace - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - fullbodylace - view 5.jpg

X-undies

Dee fashion shoot woods - x undies - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - x undies - view 4.jpg

Corset 2

Dee fashion shoot woods - corset 2 - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - corset 2 - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - corset 2 - view 2.jpg

Jo Dress

Dee fashion shoot woods - Jo Dress - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - Jo Dress - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - Jo Dress - view 5.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - Jo Dress - view 2.jpg

Little Secret

Dee fashion shoot woods - little secret - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - little secret - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - little secret - view 2.jpg

School Girl :sneaky:

Dee fashion shoot woods - school girl - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - school girl - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - school girl - view 5.jpg

Sweet Doll

Dee fashion shoot woods - sweet doll - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - sweet doll - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - sweet doll - view 2.jpg

TL Outfit

Dee fashion shoot woods - tl - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - tl - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - tl - view 5.jpg

Rocker Outfit

Dee fashion shoot woods - rocker outfit - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - rocker outfit - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - rocker outfit - view 5.jpg

Nightshirt

Dee fashion shoot woods - nightshirt - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - nightshirt - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - nightshirt - view 5.jpg

Nurse

Dee fashion shoot woods - nurse - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - nurse - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - nurse - view 5.jpg

Jo Swimsuit

Dee fashion shoot woods - Jo swimsuit - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - Jo swimsuit - view 4.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - Jo swimsuit - view 2.jpg

Midnight Dream

Dee fashion shoot woods - midnight dream - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - midnight dream - view 4.jpg

Rose Outfit :WaitWhat:

Dee fashion shoot woods - rose outfit - view 1.jpg Dee fashion shoot woods - rose outfit - view 4.jpg

Hope you like!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
ThanusDestroyer

The main thing here, at least hairstyle wise, is to pick the hairstyle(s) that turn you on the most personally. People get a little fanatical about Rochelle Ponytail being on 'D' sometimes, but the fact is that she looks good in several different hairstyles. Plus, this is your story, so changing things up a bit to suit your preference is perfectly fine.

You'll be 'living' with the characters you create for a while when you are working on your story, so take a bit of extra time now to dial in your characters as best you can, so that 'nagging issues' aren't bothering you down the road.

One other suggestion. Pick clothing and hairstyles that aren't as troublesome when posing. Some hairstyles don't have many adjustment morphs, so trying to get the hair to hang to one side can be problematic. Same for outfits.

Where your GF is involved, the main thing is for the two of you to be happy with your design choices. With all due respect, screw everyone else! Sure, feedback is helpful, but this is YOUR story, not ours!

I still wish that I'd figured out Olivia's dials earlier, I'm regularly debating whether I'm going to re-do some Enthralled Pt 2 renders at some point with the updated 'Liv'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcon6 and oaiki
Jun 3, 2018
ThanusDestroyer

The main thing here, at least hairstyle wise, is to pick the hairstyle(s) that turn you on the most personally. People get a little fanatical about Rochelle Ponytail being on 'D' sometimes, but the fact is that she looks good in several different hairstyles. Plus, this is your story, so changing things up a bit to suit your preference is perfectly fine.

You'll be 'living' with the characters you create for a while when you are working on your story, so take a bit of extra time now to dial in your characters as best you can, so that 'nagging issues' aren't bothering you down the road.

One other suggestion. Pick clothing and hairstyles that aren't as troublesome when posing. Some hairstyles don't have many adjustment morphs, so trying the hair to hang to one side can be problematic. Same for outfits.

Where your GF is involved, the main thing is for the two of you to be happy with your design choices. With all due respect, screw everyone else! Sure, feedback is helpful, but this is YOUR story, not ours!

I still wish that I'd figured out Olivia's dials earlier, I'm regularly debating whether I'm going to re-do some Enthralled Pt 2 renders at some point with the updated 'Liv'.
I know, the ponytail is always on and never taken out for sex scenes. I personally find it nightmarish to work with! I like a lot of the hairstyles on her.

As for outfits, I've gotten used to mapping them to the body properly, some are better than others. But I absolutely want to create some variety, nothing would bug me more than to use the same outfit for every scene.

I agree with everything you're saying, but before I get on with a story, I want the practice. I'm a designer/developer by trade, so I'm used to working to a brief. I wanted to get a sense of what was popular here ot help inform future choices if I am to monetise this, that way I know what people are more likely to respond to.

The main goal for me is to create an original story with original characters in an engine that I've developed that people actually play and enjoy. Everything for now is just practice and profile building.

Reactions: Falcon6 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I know, the ponytail is always on and never taken out for sex scenes. I personally find it nightmarish to work with! I like a lot of the hairstyles on her.

As for outfits, I've gotten used to mapping them to the body properly, some are better than others. But I absolutely want to create some variety, nothing would bug me more than to use the same outfit for every scene.

I agree with everything you're saying, but before I get on with a story, I want the practice. I'm a designer/developer by trade, so I'm used to working to a brief. I wanted to get a sense of what was popular here ot help inform future choices if I am to monetise this, that way I know what people are more likely to respond to.

The main goal for me is to create an original story with original characters in an engine that I've developed that people actually play and enjoy. Everything for now is just practice and profile building.
Just keep in mind that 'story by committee' games often end up getting a lot of grief. Sure, feedback is awesome, but if your story loses it's way because you are trying to please everyone...

IMHO, just stay away from NTR. Some people like that, but BB got a lot of grief early on because of the whole Eric situation. Eric ended getting 'voted off the island' as I remember. Stories without antagonists can be boring too though... which is why I come back to the 'tell the story YOU want to tell' argument. You'll have to live with the legacy of whatever story you end up with, so might as well be happy with it from the get go.

The DMD story currently feels like 'story by committee', at least that's a few people's impressions (not to mention MMP/Milking My Patrons by the Mr. Dots team), and seems to have lost it's way. Some people like this, others do not, but still play the game in the hopes that it'll get back on track at some point. I've been on the record several times now that the story lost it's way around the time that Rachael took 'D' and Elena home, but that's my opinion. Sure, some new interesting characters were introduced, but the story lost it's thrill for me around that time. If they'd wrapped things up around then, the story would have been better for it IMHO. Although I still want the Jennifer + Elena + 'D' harem ending!

If you want to get a feel for what's doing well on Patreon, this page can give you a few ideas. A number of developers are now hiding their earnings, but for the ones that aren't, those may be interesting data points. The number of patrons and what games are being showcased is probably more useful info.

Note that Mr. Dots is a bit down on patron counts compared to the currently most popular games on Patreon atm.

Anyways, I'm rambling. My point here is to trust your instincts more. Feedback is awesome, but at the end of the day you are the person that needs to be the most happy with your choices!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018
Just keep in mind that 'story by committee' games often end up getting a lot of grief. Sure, feedback is awesome, but if your story loses it's way because you are trying to please everyone...

IMHO, just stay away from NTR. Some people like that, but BB got a lot of grief early on because of the whole Eric situation. Eric ended getting 'voted off the island' as I remember. Stories without antagonists can be boring too though... which is why I come back to the 'tell the story YOU want to tell' argument. You'll have to live with the legacy of whatever story you end up with, so might as well be happy with it from the get go.

The DMD story currently feels like 'story by committee', at least that's a few people's impressions (not to mention MMP/Milking My Patrons by the Mr. Dots team), and seems to have lost it's way. Some people like this, others do not, but still play the game in the hopes that it'll get back on track at some point. I've been on the record several times now that the story lost it's way around the time that Rachael took 'D' and Elena home, but that's my opinion. Sure, some new interesting characters were introduced, but the story lost it's thrill for me around that time. If they'd wrapped things up around then, the story would have been better for it IMHO. Although I still want the Jennifer + Elena + 'D' harem ending!

If you want to get a feel for what's doing well on Patreon, this page can give you a few ideas. A number of developers are now hiding their earnings, but for the ones that aren't, those may be interesting data points. The number of patrons and what games are being showcased is probably more useful info.

Note that Mr. Dots is a bit down on patron counts compared to the currently most popular games on Patreon atm.

Anyways, I'm rambling. My point here is to trust your instincts more. Feedback is awesome, but at the end of the day you are the person that needs to be the most happy with your choices!

Oh christ no, again from my background committee input is the worst - it's not uncommon to hear "death by comittee" being thrown around. I wouldn't go down that route, it's just marketing - know your audience and such. I want to get a sense of what people hope to see, but also where the gaps are. This is especially true given just how much is out there, and how cheated some people surely feel with their hard earned cash going onto a product they're not satisified with.

I can't believe the venomous backlash towards NTR - it's not that bad. I think it comes from a lot of personal insecurities to be honest. What I find weird is how people can't just avoid it, they get all vocal about it, it's usually laid out in a game beforehand, not like it takes them by suprise. I'd like to do some sharing stuff, and I like to idea of people choosing to persue relationships baed on their preference. I think in that, as you say, people have become to involved in the content planning, as choices spiral out of control. I still can't wrap my head around the fact the people are more okay with have a D & F relationship than some cheating. Perhaps it's the 1st person perspective of a lot of these games.

I do agree with you on the DMD front, especially with the release of the game (at minimum) every 12 weeks. But I do like that fact that it's abotu her exploring her sexuality more than just D & F in different situation - people would have tuned out. I really like the Martin content, because it's just such a far cry from the originally very timid origins, but it never really undercuts the relationship with F.

Looking through that link, I cannot believe that Summertime Saga has the most subs. I'm baffled. Every update throws previous saves out of the window. It's a big game, but hasn't had a large about of content in sometime. And it's buggy as Hell. How that is supposed to be making 77K pm is beyond me. The unforunate thing is a lot of developers on there have a 5+ year head start on whatever I end up doing, so I need to be smart about it.

I would also be very much up for collaborating too, if anyone is interested.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
ThanusDestroyer

I've shared my ramblings, hopefully it'll give you a few ideas. We are getting this thread a bit off track though, so feel free to PM me instead if you have questions.

I think the main appeal of Summertime Saga (besides the story being interesting to it's patrons) is that it's hand drawn, or at least looks hand drawn. As I mentioned before, hand drawn games seem to be a bit more popular overall vs. rendered games, although I haven't checked all of the current 'top 20'. I see that Cloud Meadow is there of course!

That graphtreon link is great for research purposes though, if you are trying to get a feel of what to expect. Looking at the lower ranked games that are just getting started is useful in trying to guage what you might expect if your project is getting a positive response.

I don't want to discourage others from providing you feedback on your renders though. I found the background a bit distracting, mainly because I recognize it/have used it before. You could hide the HDRI dome and photoshop in a gradient background or whatever to put the focus more on the characters, or use different HDRIs. I use these ones a lot when doing test renders.

But for more interesting renders, yeah lots of HDRIs and light sets out there.

I did like your renders, but don't have a particular favorite, as changing things up is usually more interesting to me.

Jun 3, 2018
Agreed, nothing turns me limper than marketing and logisitics.

Weird that in this day and age, people still like toons. Perhaps it's all the 90's kids. But yeah, can't expect to be at the top, just interesting to see how certain things are more popular than others.

Yes, I would very much like feedback from the wider community. Agreed on background, was just a fill-in for quick lights and backdrop, focus was on outfits. Each set of renders I've done tends to focus on an aspect of the process, rather than the whole thing, which I'm building up to with enough experience.

I do still struggle with lighting, will send you a message about what you're talking about there.

Thanks for your comments, it all goes towards something :WeSmart:

Reactions: OhWee
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes