Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Dude, take it from me, EVERYONE claims they struggle with there lighting. How many renders on here have you seen and thought, 'they suck at lighting?' Not many unless they are absolutely terrible, like mine. Point is, unless it's complete garbage, no one cares or will notice. We only see the final show not what to wanted to show us.
That's no excuse, it should have been done 6months ago and had 10,000 renders with 500 animations. Move your ass
Who pissed in your cheerios today?

Second post first. Day jobs and real life issues are more important, and we are doing this for free in our spare time. Deal with it.
Being mostly sarcastic here, but we do this for fun, not money. Real life stuff = money. Renders shared here = for fun and jollies.

First post. You'd be surprised how many renders I abort multiple times because the lighting isn't right. Probably only 20% or even less pass muster on the first pass, unless we are talking test renders. And at least 20% of my renders that I thought about sharing end up getting 4Fed/are never shared. I end up adjusting lighting a lot when I'm not simply using HDRIs, which really anyone can do once they figure out how they are used. I use HDRIs a LOT, and occasonally maybe augment with a spot or two, while y'all work with actual three point lighting and such. I get lucky occasionally, but most of the time non-HDRI lighting just looks 'ugh' for me when I try to use it. I'm not looking to win art contests/don't have the patience for that, I just want to bring a little more joy to this thread when I can.

I consider my renders (the ones I share) maybe slightly above average, when compared to some of the render gods in this thread. I consider your lighting and rendering skills more than a bit above mine, although I'm not afraid to do set construction, that's more in my wheelhouse.

(Edited a couple of times due to intermittently working keys on this worn out laptop chiclet keyboard).

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Who pissed in your cheerios today?

Second post first. Day jobs and real life issues are more important, and we are doing this for free in our spare time. Deal with it.
Being mostly sarcastic here, but we do this for fun, not money. Real life stuff = money. Renders shared here = for fun and jollies.

First post. You'd be surprised how many renders I abort multiple times because the lighting isn't right. Probably only 20% or even less pass muster on the first pass, unless we are talking test renders. And at least 20% of my renders that I thought about sharing end up getting 4Fed/are never shared. I end up adjusting lighting a lot when I'm not simply using HDRIs, which really anyone can do once they figure out how they are used. I use HDRIs a LOT, and occasonally maybe augment with a spot or two, while y'all work with actual three point lighting and such. I get lucky occasionally, but most of the time non-HDRI lighting just looks 'ugh' for me when I try to use it. I'm not looking to win art contests/don't have the patience for that, I just want to bring a little more joy to this thread when I can.

I consider my renders (the ones I share) maybe slightly above average, when compared to some of the render gods in this thread. I consider your lighting and rendering skills more than a bit above mine, although I'm not afraid to do set construction, that's more in my wheelhouse.

(Edited a couple of times due to intermittently working keys on this worn out laptop chiclet keyboard).
You know I was kidding the whole time right? And I don't eat cereal, I'm more of an oatmeal kinda hooker. Seriously though, you seem to have more fun in one render than I have in 10. Its also why I stopped testing stuff out, because I get pissed at how mine turns out. Out of the hundreds that I've ever done, I was only satisfied with two and one of them was the first ever Dee related that I posted here. Point is, we are our own worse critic. Unless it's NTR, then the haters will flock like flies on shit.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I wonder if this fan art thread will survive the demise of DMD?
This thread would be better named the debasement of Dee. Until there is an alternative implementation of DMD which fulfills all the various kinks celebrated in this thread, it won't just survive, it will flourish. Heh, this thread is the fantasyland that Mr. Dots refuses to address. DMD may conclude, but it will be available to play for a very long time. This thread will do just fine.

Reactions: Daniel xVxd

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah a lot of my renders are weird, but honestly I since I can't run anymore, or lift (body torn to shit) I find doing this is a way to relax and forget the day. So I will sometimes post weird shit, the really weird stuff I usually delete.
Plus I'm kind of an iconoclast where D is concerned.
Honestly I just don't find MrDots other main characters as interesting or with the same potential for creative flights of fancy.

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
Yeah a lot of my renders are weird, but honestly I since I can't run anymore, or lift (body torn to shit) I find doing this is a way to relax and forget the day. So I will sometimes post weird shit, the really weird stuff I usually delete.
Plus I'm kind of an iconoclast where D is concerned.
Honestly I just don't find MrDots other main characters as interesting or with the same potential for creative flights of fancy.
But you enjoy it right? That's all that really matters.

TungstenDuck

May 6, 2018
I wonder if Mr.Dots would survive if he ends DMD. Melody & SSL, stories are forgettably bland (IMO excruciatingly so) by comparison, despite the coherent writing, good graphics, and attractive models.
He could have had a forever loyal base of people into the content he originally set out to do but no, he decided to throw his hat into the vanilla ring with BaDIK, Dreamers, WVM etc. and he's simply leagues worse at it than all of them.

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
I wonder if Mr.Dots would survive if he ends DMD. Melody & SSL, stories are forgettably bland (IMO excruciatingly so) by comparison, despite the coherent writing, good graphics, and attractive models.
Long reply incoming:
I've said before that I actually respect him/them, unlike some other devs I could name. However, I agree that the other work is not very good or interesting in comparison to DMD. Melody was ok but SSL just doesn't do anything for me. DMD seems to be the gold vein and while I think a creator should want to branch out it's also at a risk.

For instance, no creator should want to focus on on a single title/story for 5+ years, delivering 1-3 updates a year. Right? Like, say you had a story about a woman that was both a wife and also a mother...lol...it would be downright awful to milk that to death as opposed to make the most out of it and then move on.

Dots gets a LOT of work done at a pace that is both fair and timely. Yet, nothing created has had the success of DMD. Dots clearly has a "style" that first popped with DMD but I think it's a bit of a mistake to then make all their work in that same style. I see no reason to have all the characters look like they could be in one story or the other, for instance.

So while I applaud NOT focusing on just DMD and slowly milking it to death for cash at the expense of story (cough cough)...none of the other works have come close to the quality of DMD, IMO. So it's hard to say what would happen if they did solely focus on DMD a couple years back or if they finished it in this coming update (or next few).

I'm long on the record as saying that it's time to end it or deliver an experience that seemed to be constantly teased in the early episodes of DMD. You had other men constantly trying to get at her, the father betting her virginity on a game of pool, D almost getting raped, etc.
I'm not saying to do those things but I'm saying that it had flavor, it had excitement. Once it became popular it seemed to turn a bit boring and that's what we've had ever since the end of the 1st chapter. Lucas goes to prison and it's all D+F for a few years real-time. Almost two whole chapters and it got stale. I'm bored to tears of D+F, to be honest.

I guess I'm saying that they need to write about Dee exploring on her own or end it. Let her feel like she's mature and move to Hollywood or something. Anything but more D+F. End their story or branch off because there is a lot left to be done if you ignore the crybabies and make it possible.
Maybe D finds love outside of F and all goes well! However, maybe you add in the OPTIONS to have things go a little...less well. Maybe she finds out that the modeling world is full of bad people and that she's still a lot more naive than she thought?

I dunno, just throwing out ideas. I'll shut up but the point is that a lot of creators forget that great stories come from adversity. What adversity is F overcoming when every piece of pussy he meets wants him and all men respect his wishes to not so much as loom at D unless he says it's ok? What adversity is there in other dudes letting you bang their girls while they can only look at yours (unless you give the ok)?
Nobody wants to hear it but people like Lucas add a challenge. It adds risk. Shit, they could tone it down and just make Graham a little more conniving than he has seemed. Better? What if Martin doesn't always have the best of intentions!? (I've been working on stories regarding both for a bit now :) )

I could go on. Yet, in DMD it's all just been ok. All is good...and that's boring. So would they survive if they ended DMD? Probably. Yet, they could still THRIVE with DMD and I wish they had the balls to. It's not about kink or adding in my particular fetishes because I don't have them. I like pussy, lol. Give me pussy and a good story and I'm in! Just don't bore me and Dots has been boring but could be thriving. Everything is top quality except story writing, IMO.

Big Rooster

Forum Fanatic
Mar 16, 2018
He could have had a forever loyal base of people into the content he originally set out to do but no, he decided to throw his hat into the vanilla ring with BaDIK, Dreamers, WVM etc. and he's simply leagues worse at it than all of them.
DMD was popular and sufficiently twisted at first, But.... don't forget Patri*n pulled their PC make-believe incest thought crime police on the game developers. Since that time, the game would never be the same.

Reactions: panzerj

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
DMD was popular and sufficiently twisted at first, But.... don't forget Patri*n pulled their PC make-believe incest thought crime police on the game developers. Since that time, the game would never be the same.
The had to because of Paypal. Similar to why Nopy is down.

Reactions: Big Rooster
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes