Mod Ren'Py Dating My Daughter - Lain's Walkthrough + Gallery + Improvements Mod [v0.32] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm sorry but where do I click to unlock all the scenes?
"A scene gallery containing every scene in chapter 2 can now be accessed from the chapter 2 main menu. All the scenes are already unlocked/viewable, meaning you don't have to replay the game to be able to see the scenes in the gallery."

Reactions: gourmet135

Hanna2081989

Jun 26, 2018
Good evening

I want to ask i do as you advice in the walkthrough that o reject G so i can get the video from her to get the money from the work after i do that i get the video but i still seeing only Martin & not Maria any advice.

Thanks & regards

Tearil

Mar 12, 2019
I'm sure there'll be a new update for Chapter 3. I'll not play the new update until Lain release the mod. Thanks in advice!

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
I'm sure there'll be a new update for Chapter 3. I'll not play the new update until Lain release the mod. Thanks in advice!
Yeah, seeing as it'll be the only way to have both the Georgina route and the Jennifer route in the same save. Looking forward to it.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Created the Chapter 3 Walkthrough/Gallery/Improvements mod

Changelog:
  • Created the in-game walkthrough for days 28-30
  • Added 10 scenes to the scene gallery
  • Made 11 game/scene improvements

Chapter 3 improvements list:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Where is the link for chapter 1? For PC
i was moving around some links, it's added again now.

Yeah, seeing as it'll be the only way to have both the Georgina route and the Jennifer route in the same save. Looking forward to it.
I'm not really sure if it will be possible for me to do that anymore in Chapter 3. It was in chapter 1 and most of chapter 2, but not sure anymore sadly with the way the story is developing.

JJ125

Aug 11, 2017
Created the Chapter 3 Walkthrough/Gallery/Improvements mod

Changelog:
  • Created the in-game walkthrough for days 28-30
  • Added 10 scenes to the scene gallery
  • Made 11 game/scene improvements

Chapter 3 improvements list:

i was moving around some links, it's added again now.

I'm not really sure if it will be possible for me to do that anymore in Chapter 3. It was in chapter 1 and most of chapter 2, but not sure anymore sadly with the way the story is developing.
Thanks for all your hard work!

Reactions: Maid Lain

pldmdfan325

Oct 27, 2017
Hi there. Just downloaded the Chapter 1 mod for PC and Mac, but after adding the files to the Mac folder I get an exception and the game does not open.

The other chapters had .rpy and .rpyc files, but the chapter 1 files only had .rpyc files, which i think might be causing the issue. If not, and there is another fix, please let me know

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hi there. Just downloaded the Chapter 1 mod for PC and Mac, but after adding the files to the Mac folder I get an exception and the game does not open.

The other chapters had .rpy and .rpyc files, but the chapter 1 files only had .rpyc files, which i think might be causing the issue. If not, and there is another fix, please let me know
I have no idea what would be causing that, sorry. Try re-installing the mod and running the game again is the only suggestion I have.

Maybe try redownloading the mod too, maybe the download didn't finish and the file got corrupted.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
I was thinking about that, and there are certainly no guarantees as we don't yet know how it will be implemented, but what if it could be modded to recreate the non-branching mistake in v0.21?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Soo I downloaded chapter 1 android and it’s literally just the game for me nothing is unlocked?
Yes... the modded Chapter 1 Android game download is the modded Chapter 1 Android game. What were you expecting?
And what are you expecting to be unlocked?

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Maim Lain
From OP.
A scene gallery containing every scene in chapter 2 and 3.

its so lovely to have this..wish really that has too Chapter 1. any chance for that you will make that with Ch.1 ?
would be wonderfuly if yes then all 1,2 and 3 = dream heaven!

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
Maim Lain I just noticed that one can use the in-game options to switch all the relationship tags to 'Yes' then save it, and it'll stay that way. I dunno if that'll work in the future, but who knows.

yougopurple

Oct 16, 2018
just a little suggestion for future version (and question I tried googling the answer to, my google-fu is weak)
can you disable the menu bar at the bottom/make an option asking at the start of the chapter wether to disable it or not, it's disabled in ch1 but not ch2 or 3, and using arrow keys to select menu options (my mouse is buggy, unrelated to this/dmd/renpy) is a little awkward as by default selection starts at the top of the screen, and ends up at the bottom before selecting a choice. so you're like "down, down, left, up, then left or right on multiple choice'... and repeating those even for single choices, which is annoying.

related to that, is it even possible to automatically have a choice selected so that hitting enter as soon as a choice comes up applies, not having to use arrow keys to first select it (with, in this mod, any recommended option also selected), wouldn't affect those who use the mouse to click through slides etc, but sometimes using ctrl to skip through some is too quick to go passed bits I'm after.

I know in some games, the menu at the bottom was disabled and enabled by mods, but that makes sense since in most games, only right-click takes you to the pause menu for save/load... (though DmD takes the option of not giving access to load auto and quick saves), DmD has that 'checklist' in the top left corner that can be arrow-key selected.

edit: wtf all that text got formatted with strikethrough... sigh.

Last edited:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
can you disable the menu bar at the bottom/make an option asking at the start of the chapter
I'll add the option to disable the quick menu at the start of the game when the next DMD update is released.
If you know how to use the renpy console load a save and type: quick_menu = False then save and restart the game and that should disable it.
I don't think the keyboard thing you're talking about is possible though.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes