3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
The problem with trying to protect your work with copy protect is, it will always be broken into, the harder it is to crack, the more people want to crack it. Simply put, folks who donate big do so to support a game, not so much to get it early as to keep the story moving. Copy protection has basically been relegated to a failed response to the problem by most game developers, there are other ways to make money from a game. Palmer needs imo to stop being King Canute and try to think of a more elegant response. The more people playing the game, whether they pay or not, raises the profile of the game. There are folks out there willing to pay to keep a game being developed. Palmer knows this already, he makes a decent amount of money. You aren't going to get every dollar you should be getting, that's just not how the internet works.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
I would also like to say that I play this game despite all the copy protection, if the story wasnt so damn good I wouldnt go near it because of the hassle. When we look at a game like good girl gone bad, and the enormous amount of work eva puts into it, and still doesnt virtually break the game with all this online nonsense we can see it's still possible to make a great game thats easy to play and also make a good bit of money at the same time. GGGB is one of the few games I am actually considering donating for, DFD, although a great game is something I wouldn't donate for simply because palmer tries too hard to make every penny he can. I might feel different if I was writing it I suppose but that's my two cents worth

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Guys, the game was cracked what, 10 months in a row? We added the protection each month to troll the crackers (by putting in meatspins etc). We just think it's funny. That is literally the only reason. And after all, the game is free. If we wanted more money we would not release 3 games for $10 and have that amount be the highest tier on our Patreon.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Guys, the game was cracked what, 10 months? We added the protection each month to troll the crackers (by putting in meatspins etc). We just think it's funny. That is literally the only reason. And after all, the game is free. If we wanted more money we would not release 3 games for $10 and have that amount be the highest tier on our Patreon.
Well either way, I've been a fan of the VN for as long as I can remember and no chapter ever has let me down, I think it's a high quality VN so I gladly wait for quality over quantity, besides I get the chapters here for free so I can't exactly nag either way, but I wouldn't nag because I love the VN, so thank you for the great work and effort you and your team put in :)

Reactions: Blayo and Palmer

TheSimonizer

Jun 17, 2017
N

Not Palmer, sorry. But it would be pretty unfair for the ones who paid. Gotta keep the lights on I guess.
Honestly, this argument is bullshit. People should support him because they like his work and like what he's doing, not just to get access to a game a bit early.
As a patreon, I support creators because I want to support them and to accelerate the development of the game. NOT for exclusivity.
If the latest update is release to everyone, I really don't fucking care, as long as I can play it.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Honestly, this argument is bullshit. People should support him because they like his work and like what he's doing, not just to get access to a game a bit early.
As a patreon, I support creators because I want to support them and to accelerate the development of the game. NOT for exclusivity.
If the latest update is release to to everyone, I really don't fucking care, as long as I can play it.

DRM is just a gimmick for creators to bring him more patreons but there's nothing fair about it. 10$ a month for about 40 min of gameplay... Value wise, it's like the worst 10$ you can spend.
I agree with that, and trust me, I would support Palmer and his team if I possibly could, but unfortunately I'm broke as I am unemployed currently. There's about a dozen devs that I'd love to support. That's why I patiently without nagging at all wait for updates :)

Reactions: nekdo

Gio

Modder
Aug 12, 2016
Guys, the game was cracked what, 10 months in a row? We added the protection each month to troll the crackers (by putting in meatspins etc). We just think it's funny. That is literally the only reason. And after all, the game is free. If we wanted more money we would not release 3 games for $10 and have that amount be the highest tier on our Patreon.
in previous game u had also animations, any chance for animations in this? it would make the game LEGEND wait for it DARY.

Reactions: Blayo and mpror

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
Many thanks to BossAppleSauce for uploading an all inclusive Chapters 1-10 offline archive. That simplifies things a whole hell of a lot (not having to use that python script to convert online to offline saves and vice versa between the mish-mash of different chapters that were uppped here).

rokie

Mar 13, 2018
Palmer did the last crack protection increase your income from the game? I'm not flaming or anything, just curious with the marketing stuff. Do people get frustrated and pay, or do they simply wait?

Reactions: TritonLord77

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Palmer did the last crack protection increase your income from the game? I'm not flaming or anything, just curious with the marketing stuff. Do people get frustrated and pay, or do they simply wait?
Guys, the game was cracked what, 10 months in a row? We added the protection each month to troll the crackers (by putting in meatspins etc). We just think it's funny. That is literally the only reason.
What you don't understand?

Reactions: Blayo

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
I have to admit that multiple chapters gets way too damn frustrating after 5 individual chapters... At 11 its beyond stupid. Are there any plans/rumors about making a single game?

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
Guys, the game was cracked what, 10 months in a row? We added the protection each month to troll the crackers (by putting in meatspins etc). We just think it's funny.
I don't buy that line for a second, and I doubt many people here are naive enough to either. All copy protection does, whether it's on some adult VN few have ever heard of, or a "AAA" $60 title played by tens of millions, is simply inconvenience the end user (customer). I think one would garner more respect if they just came out and openly admitted why they chose to do so (especially in a niche genre like this) rather than play it off as was done here.

Love your work man, but it's not a good idea to patronize players like that, heh.

Reactions: ugz2 and Dixon Butz

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Palmer is creating this game to make money so he is protecting his investment, and since no pirate wants to crush his encryption those of us playing for free will have to wait.
I'm just hoping we get a MC, daughter and Kathy three-way, or a daughter, Kathy and Heidi three-way.

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
I have to admit that multiple chapters gets way too damn frustrating after 5 individual chapters... At 11 its beyond stupid. Are there any plans/rumors about making a single game?
When its completed, yes that is the plan, all chapters will be compiled onto a single exe/program

Reactions: Blayo
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes