3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

monkeywithfins

Jun 19, 2019
The cracked versions were the original releases that could only be played online. For a time, people could play the online version a few months before the downloadable versions, but after chapter 11, Palmer did something to make the online versions uncrackable, so thus after that, if we wanted to continue playing, we'd have to download each chapter and then wait for Palmer to release the next chapter for free.
Thanks cap!

Cetarin

Jun 12, 2018
The stated goal is 6-8 weeks delayed for free release, but Ch. 18 will soon hit 17 weeks delayed (Patreon release was March 1st). I guess with the new projects in work that the free releases are a much lower concern.

Reactions: Jack0h

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
The stated goal is 6-8 weeks delayed for free release, but Ch. 18 will soon hit 17 weeks delayed (Patreon release was March 1st). I guess with the new projects in work that the free releases are a much lower concern.
It's not a stated goal bud. We just released two episodes of Double Homework for free on June 15 and on June 27 this month.

Cetarin

Jun 12, 2018
It's not a stated goal bud. We just released two episodes of Double Homework for free on June 15 and on June 27 this month.
I'm not sure why you're being condescending and I'm not sure what DH has to do with DFD, but you and your team have stated on multiple occasions that your goal is to release the free version 6-8 weeks after the Patreon release.

https://f95zone.to/threads/daughter-for-dessert-ch-17-palmer.5291/page-242#post-1264525
[Highlight mine]
Chapter 11 was released for free Oct 12 (~10 weeks after Patreon release). Previous to that we released a beta on our Discord (~8 weeks after Patreon release). To restate what we've said before and what it says on our Discord #info channel: the time frame for the free versions are aproximately 6-8 weeks after Patreon release. This particular finished release was delayed due to a host of reasons, such as upgrading our engine so the game consumes less vRAM and is playable on more phones, etc. This is why we released a beta after approxmiately 8 weeks instead of a finished free chapter riddled with issues.

You are stating inaccuracies and incorrect information. Is that upfront enough for you? :)
I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation and making a supposition that most of the team's efforts are now being directed into the new projects rather than on the remaining free releases for DFD. Perhaps this is incorrect, but that does not change the reality of the first statement that the free release of DFD Ch. 18 is now 17 weeks past the Patreon release and that the desired 6-8 week time frame is long past.

The fact that you've released now 2 episodes of DH for free despite the Patreon release of DH Ep. 1 coming a full month later than DFD Ch. 18 is just another indicator that the vast majority of your production efforts are focused on the new projects.

If that's true, then power to you. If it's not then please feel free to correct the record, but I'm not trying to lambaste you or your work, just shedding some light on the situation. Perhaps while caught up working on the new projects, you or your team had not even realized that it had stretched out quite so long and bringing it up like this will spark some interest in addressing that.

SS sources:

JonnyL34

Oct 2, 2018
I'm not sure why you're being condescending and I'm not sure what DH has to do with DFD, but you and your team have stated on multiple occasions that your goal is to release the free version 6-8 weeks after the Patreon release.

https://f95zone.to/threads/daughter-for-dessert-ch-17-palmer.5291/page-242#post-1264525
[Highlight mine]

I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation and making a supposition that most of the team's efforts are now being directed into the new projects rather than on the remaining free releases for DFD. Perhaps this is incorrect, but that does not change the reality of the first statement that the free release of DFD Ch. 18 is now 17 weeks past the Patreon release and that the desired 6-8 week time frame is long past.

The fact that you've released now 2 episodes of DH for free despite the Patreon release of DH Ep. 1 coming a full month later than DFD Ch. 18 is just another indicator that the vast majority of your production efforts are focused on the new projects.

If that's true, then power to you. If it's not then please feel free to correct the record, but I'm not trying to lambaste you or your work, just shedding some light on the situation. Perhaps while caught up working on the new projects, you or your team had not even realized that it had stretched out quite so long and bringing it up like this will spark some interest in addressing that.

SS sources:

Crap, has it really been 17 weeks since Patreon release? Lol, can't wait for 19 to be released a full year later.

Reactions: 约翰·西娜
Apr 16, 2019
Its kinda weird that all other games I see here are uploaded the highest patreon tiers (usually $20) for free, but this one we see the chapters that halfway through say 'to continue with voice acting become a $10 patreon'. The versions here should have voice acting all the way through.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Its kinda weird that all other games I see here are uploaded the highest patreon tiers (usually $20) for free, but this one we see the chapters that halfway through say 'to continue with voice acting become a $10 patreon'. The versions here should have voice acting all the way through.
How do you propose to add voice acting to the free online version, or the offline version, which don't have it? Only the Patreon online version has voice acting. If you want to take up the mantle and start cracking those again, be my guest.

Apr 16, 2019
Wait, so even for the highest patron tier there is NOT an offline fully voice acting version for download? That kinda bad if you ask me, but thats just me.

As a different matter, the download for the chapter 17 only link is for the 0.9 version, not the 1.0 or beyond (if needed). Is this the same for the link with chapters 1 through 17? I downloaded from 1 through 16 sometime ago but only now am playing it, and noticed this.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
all patron versions are online versions.

ch 17 is only 0.9 unless some big bug needs to be fixed (unlikely after so much time has passed since release).

NormanM

Dec 17, 2018
Yo guys, anything about Ch. 18 online? I'm coming here once 2 weeks, see no update, and become upset(

Cilga

Jan 1, 2018
Sorry to bother, but is this game more of a dad - daughter thing or more of a (step)brother-daughter? I feel old man-young girl always a bit creepy.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Sorry to bother, but is this game more of a dad - daughter thing or more of a (step)brother-daughter? I feel old man-young girl always a bit creepy.
It's probably not a step brother's daughter, you know what I'm saying?

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes