RPGM Daughter of The Void [v.0.3.9H3] [ShayBabe]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Demonwise

Oct 29, 2018
The lag in the performance is a huge issue, I'd strongly recommend prioritizing a fix for that first. Takes roughly 10-15 entire seconds to jump from one animation frame to another, it's just not a good look for a serious project, but that aside I love this concept and it reminds me a lot of another artist whose games I thoroughly enjoy (Zem)! I cannot help but wonder if you were maybe inspired by Zem's work, but yea definitely work out those kinks because your game has a crap ton of potential! ^_^ Great stuff, dev!
So this is interesting to me. You're not the first to mention laggy animations but then there are plenty of others, including myself that don't have this issue. I have to wonder if it is a cpu issue. If anyone else is having this issue I would suggest playing the game in a window with taskmanager open next to it. I am curious what the cpu draw is when you see an animation that is laggy.

I have also heard someone once suggest that if your monitor is set to a refresh rate over 60 Hz it tends to screw with rpgmaker and make animations run too fast. I haven't been able to confirm this. That is to say I have not noticed it being an issue despite having my monitor set to 144Hz refresh rate.

Demonwise

Oct 29, 2018
But where do u have to input those?
Go to the brothel located behind the throne room. As soon as you enter the new area, turn left and enter the door on far left side. You'll find out that this is a bathroom. The black market dealer is located in the upper left corner. Next to her is a pile of boxes. Interact with the boxes and she'll prompt you for the passwords.

Reactions: tdannz

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
So this is interesting to me. You're not the first to mention laggy animations but then there are plenty of others, including myself that don't have this issue. I have to wonder if it is a cpu issue. If anyone else is having this issue I would suggest playing the game in a window with taskmanager open next to it. I am curious what the cpu draw is when you see an animation that is laggy.

I have also heard someone once suggest that if your monitor is set to a refresh rate over 60 Hz it tends to screw with rpgmaker and make animations run too fast. I haven't been able to confirm this. That is to say I have not noticed it being an issue despite having my monitor set to 144Hz refresh rate.
So your suggestion is to purchase expensive asf alternatives, or put even more use into my PC by keeping other windows open that normally shouldn't ever NEED to be, instead of the devs fixing the graphics to be less of an FPS sink? I mean I respect the fact you have an opinion, but I'm not having this issue with other games with some pretty damn advanced graphics to it so it's 100% an issue with this game! A prime example of how I'm convinced of this would be I don't have a single skip when I play games like Carnal Instinct or Breeders of the Nephelym, and those are games run on an engine that's NOTORIOUS for using up frames. By that logic alone, the fact it's happening to more than just one person is all the more reason to suspect the issue is with the game's graphics and not the PC it's being played on. Also another reason to suspect it's not my PC that's the issue here is I literally turned off all but 2 graphic settings and the lag was lowered (NOT erased) significantly.

OathDevil

Apr 4, 2018
So your suggestion is to purchase expensive asf alternatives [...]
Wherever did Demonwise suggest to buy something? He only suggested to open task manager, which hardly affects perfomance at all, to see if it shows what draws the most resources when animations are playing.
I'd also be curious where the issue lies, cuz I have no lag or stuttering either.

Reactions: Demonwise

BoobaFoot

Mar 24, 2022
Stuck here in Goblin mode quest looking how to open the gate.

1722771586391.png

Also completed the bukakke world record and this guy still says I smell like soap

1722771880185.png

Any advice appreciated ... cheers

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
Wherever did Demonwise suggest to buy something? He only suggested to open task manager, which hardly affects perfomance at all, to see if it shows what draws the most resources when animations are playing.
I'd also be curious where the issue lies, cuz I have no lag or stuttering either.
xD Did you not read his comment? He clearly used his own cpu as a contrast to my own, and considering the only way to fix a cpu compatibility issue in this instance is by replacing it (literally BUYING another one) it should be completely obvious where it could've been taken that way.

Also since you felt so inclined to gaslight me here like a white knight fanboy, I'll show you the same respect. When exactly did I say he suggested it to me? Because I only ever recall ASKING if he was, as I only had an assumption to go off of in the first place.

Last edited:

Demonwise

Oct 29, 2018
xD Did you not read his comment? He clearly used his own cpu as a contrast to my own, and considering the only way to fix a cpu compatibility issue in this instance is by replacing it (literally BUYING another one) it should be completely obvious where it could've been taken that way.

Also since you felt so inclined to gaslight me here like a white knight fanboy, I'll show you the same respect. When exactly did I say he suggested it to me? Because I only ever recall ASKING if he was, as I only had an assumption to go off of in the first place.
Wow. Butthurt much? Jeezes, I certainly didn't take the sort of harsh tone your throwing around.

That said, fine, you read between the lines enough to correctly infer that I was hinting at it being a cpu issue.

You mention that you don't have issues with more graphically intensive games. Great! Good for you. Rpgmaker is more cpu intensive than it is gpu intensive. So comparing it to something that runs on UE5 like Carnal Instinct isn't quite an apples to apples comparison. Look, I am not going to tell someone they have a trash pc. Any pc is a good pc if it does all that the owner needs or wants from it without leaving them wanting for something better. Yes, I have a powerful cpu but I upgraded from a nearly 15 year old cpu so it was a worth it upgrade. I am NOT SUGGESTING YOU GO BUY A NEW CPU AND MOTHERBOARD. I literally said nothing to even suggest that. However, if your cpu is maxing out while playing the game then your cpu is the bottleneck. That is fact, it is not an insult or a point of condemnation it is simply what it is. HECK YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR CPU! IF SO, GREAT! I'M HAPPY YOUR CPU IS FINE AND DANDY. In which case you can just gloss over my suggestion like anything else on the internet that you might not agree with or dislike.

I certainly understand that there could also be some potential code improvement and or consolidation possible that the dev can work on as well. There is a thread over on the rpgmaker forums that points to there being limitations of the rpgmakermv engine that could lead to lag during animations.

"It is because of the way MV caches the images. If your battle is animation-heavy, the first time an animation is called, it needs to load all the images, and animation images are larger than most others. Once it's loaded everything, it remains in cache, which is why it all speeds up again after the first time.

You could try a preloader plugin (though the ones I've seen are for preloading maps, not battle animations). Perhaps a plugin coupled with an event on the map that never gets run (condition the first page by self switch A, and never turn it on), which has a Play Animation using all the animations you want in your battle.

There will still be lag, but it will be as the map is being loaded, which is a more natural place for the player to have to wait a bit." (source: )

I have been playing rpgmaker games for many years across their various engine iterations. From my experience and from what I have noticed others point out is that the higher the quality of the animation as well as the length of the animation can both be a significant contributor to lag. It is what it is. Is RpgMaker the best engine out there? No. Is it the worst? Certainly not. Is it easy to work with? Yes. This is why we see so many games made with it. Does it have it's limitations? Of course, but then what engine doesn't.

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
Wow. Butthurt much? Jeezes, I certainly didn't take the sort of harsh tone your throwing around.

That said, fine, you read between the lines enough to correctly infer that I was hinting at it being a cpu issue.

You mention that you don't have issues with more graphically intensive games. Great! Good for you. Rpgmaker is more cpu intensive than it is gpu intensive. So comparing it to something that runs on UE5 like Carnal Instinct isn't quite an apples to apples comparison. Look, I am not going to tell someone they have a trash pc. Any pc is a good pc if it does all that the owner needs or wants from it without leaving them wanting for something better. Yes, I have a powerful cpu but I upgraded from a nearly 15 year old cpu so it was a worth it upgrade. I am NOT SUGGESTING YOU GO BUY A NEW CPU AND MOTHERBOARD. I literally said nothing to even suggest that. However, if your cpu is maxing out while playing the game then your cpu is the bottleneck. That is fact, it is not an insult or a point of condemnation it is simply what it is. HECK YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR CPU! IF SO, GREAT! I'M HAPPY YOUR CPU IS FINE AND DANDY. In which case you can just gloss over my suggestion like anything else on the internet that you might not agree with or dislike.

I certainly understand that there could also be some potential code improvement and or consolidation possible that the dev can work on as well. There is a thread over on the rpgmaker forums that points to there being limitations of the rpgmakermv engine that could lead to lag during animations.

"It is because of the way MV caches the images. If your battle is animation-heavy, the first time an animation is called, it needs to load all the images, and animation images are larger than most others. Once it's loaded everything, it remains in cache, which is why it all speeds up again after the first time.

You could try a preloader plugin (though the ones I've seen are for preloading maps, not battle animations). Perhaps a plugin coupled with an event on the map that never gets run (condition the first page by self switch A, and never turn it on), which has a Play Animation using all the animations you want in your battle.

There will still be lag, but it will be as the map is being loaded, which is a more natural place for the player to have to wait a bit." (source: )

I have been playing rpgmaker games for many years across their various engine iterations. From my experience and from what I have noticed others point out is that the higher the quality of the animation as well as the length of the animation can both be a significant contributor to lag. It is what it is. Is RpgMaker the best engine out there? No. Is it the worst? Certainly not. Is it easy to work with? Yes. This is why we see so many games made with it. Does it have it's limitations? Of course, but then what engine doesn't.
UE5 Carnal Instinct used no fewer than 34% CPU and less than 15% GPU, when playing RPGM games with similar graphics to the one for this thread the CPU usage didn't even reach 10%, and the GPU went well over 25%. What that all implies is that one can tell that RPGM relies heavily on graphics, which ALSO hints at how the game itself is in fact the problem, NOT the PC, as the engine on its own uses up a tremendous amount of GPU resource by comparison to a far more advanced engine! These were results I checked TODAY, and JUST from the title screens for both, because I don't just go on these forums and break the ToS terms by talking a bunch of sh*t without having ACTUAL facts to support what I'm saying first -- something you obviously can't do, considering you didn't even reference either resource correctly! Taking all of that into account, it SHOULD go without saying that it's MORE suspected that the issue here has to do with the game and not the PC, when I CLEARLY established already that other RPGM games don't give me the same issue whatsoever! So not only are you WRONG about RPGM being CPU intensive, but you're lashing out at someone for simply checking if you originally meant to be a sarcastic narcissist or if you were actually trying to help in the first place.

Your lengthy, tl;dr response is all the tantrum I need to know the answer. Basically you feel like your opinion is the only one that matters, and it's only okay for you to come off as an a*shole but when other people do it back it's the most heinous sin to exist in your mind -- z'at about right? Because that's how you seem, now! Your overly sensitive response aside, what REALLY surprises me here is you're this upset at what was originally YOUR decision to comment to MY critique of this game, which if you go back and actually READ it you'd know I only gave ONE criticism and followed with some pretty damn high praise! So you clearly have some personal issues to work out before shoving your foot deeper into your throat, but you can do that on your own time as I'm done with this AND you! That goes double for anymore of your groupies that crop up to simp even harder for you, btw!

Last edited:

Demonwise

Oct 29, 2018
UE5 Carnal Instinct used no fewer than 34% CPU and less than 15% GPU, when playing RPGM games with similar graphics to the one for this thread the CPU usage didn't even reach 10%, and the GPU went well over 25%. These were results I checked TODAY, and JUST from the title screens for both, because I don't just go on these forums and break the ToS terms by talking a bunch of sh*t without having ACTUAL facts to support what I'm saying first -- something you obviously can't do, considering you didn't even reference either resource correctly! So not only are you WRONG about RPGM being CPU intensive, but you're lashing out at someone for simply checking if you originally meant to be a sarcastic narcissist or if you were actually trying to help in the first place.

Your lengthy, tl;dr response is all the tantrum I need to know the answer. Basically you feel like your opinion is the only one that matters, and it's only okay for you to come off as an a*shole but when other people do it back it's the most heinous sin to exist in your mind -- z'at about right? Because that's how you seem, now! Your overly sensitive response aside, what REALLY surprises me here is you're this upset at what was originally YOUR decision to comment to MY critique of this game, which if you go back and actually READ it you'd know I only gave ONE criticism and followed with some pretty damn high praise! So you clearly have some personal issues to work out before shoving your foot deeper into your throat, but you can do that on your own time as I'm done with this AND you! That goes double for anymore of your groupies that crop up to simp even harder for you, btw!
Wow, I pity your existence if you go through life with so much anger. Whatever, you do you and feel however you want.

What started simply as a point of curiosity and potentially something that could have lead to some help was taken entirely out of context by you. "Why do some people have lag during the game and some people do not?" That was the question that I was posing and why I merely suggested checking taskmanager. You took that to mean me saying something akin to, "wow your cpu sucks and should go get a better one." Which anyone with eyes would see is not what I said. I then went on to acknowledge that you may have a good point and that some optimization could be had with the game. If I was wrong about rpgmaker games being cpu intensive then I will gladly stand corrected.

In any case, I have nothing more to say. I should have known better than to interact with a troll so I apologize to the community for derailing the thread a bit with this charade.

ShayBabe Personally I love the art style. I read about the computer woes you have had. As someone who had the folder directory system on their computer's 4 hardives go corrupt I can certainly sympathize and empathize with how much it sucks. I don't know if that is what happened on your end but you did speak of serious amounts of data loss. Since it looks like your basically rebuilding from scratch I will say that this update is pretty fantastic. I look forward to future updates and buying the game if it comes out on steam. Keep up the great work. You passion is greatly appreciated.

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
Wow, I pity your existence if you go through life with so much anger. Whatever, you do you and feel however you want.

What started simply as a point of curiosity and potentially something that could have lead to some help was taken entirely out of context by you. "Why do some people have lag during the game and some people do not?" That was the question that I was posing and why I merely suggested checking taskmanager. You took that to mean me saying something akin to, "wow your cpu sucks and should go get a better one." Which anyone with eyes would see is not what I said. I then went on to acknowledge that you may have a good point and that some optimization could be had with the game. If I was wrong about rpgmaker games being cpu intensive then I will gladly stand corrected.

In any case, I have nothing more to say. I should have known better than to interact with a troll so I apologize to the community for derailing the thread a bit with this charade.

ShayBabe Personally I love the art style. I read about the computer woes you have had. As someone who had the folder directory system on their computer's 4 hardives go corrupt I can certainly sympathize and empathize with how much it sucks. I don't know if that is what happened on your end but you did speak of serious amounts of data loss. Since it looks like your basically rebuilding from scratch I will say that this update is pretty fantastic. I look forward to future updates and buying the game if it comes out on steam. Keep up the great work. You passion is greatly appreciated.
You should be sorry, no one forced you to be a smartass and neither are they forcing you to behave like a sentimental snowflake now that you've been called out for your BS. You accuse me of being angry but you haven't stopped whining about being called out on your details that you haven't used correctly even once! In fact, the only thing you HAVE accomplished with this exchange is showing how massive your ego is, and how insecure you get when it's challenged! Definitely doesn't help your argument how every comment you make is a massive deflection, all while you remain under a dunning-kruger effect. So yea, as you said it's done, so you can move on now Karen!

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes