RPGM Daughter of The Void [v.0.3.9H3] [ShayBabe]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

ShayBabe

Aug 3, 2023
Wow, I pity your existence if you go through life with so much anger. Whatever, you do you and feel however you want.

What started simply as a point of curiosity and potentially something that could have lead to some help was taken entirely out of context by you. "Why do some people have lag during the game and some people do not?" That was the question that I was posing and why I merely suggested checking taskmanager. You took that to mean me saying something akin to, "wow your cpu sucks and should go get a better one." Which anyone with eyes would see is not what I said. I then went on to acknowledge that you may have a good point and that some optimization could be had with the game. If I was wrong about rpgmaker games being cpu intensive then I will gladly stand corrected.

In any case, I have nothing more to say. I should have known better than to interact with a troll so I apologize to the community for derailing the thread a bit with this charade.

ShayBabe Personally I love the art style. I read about the computer woes you have had. As someone who had the folder directory system on their computer's 4 hardives go corrupt I can certainly sympathize and empathize with how much it sucks. I don't know if that is what happened on your end but you did speak of serious amounts of data loss. Since it looks like your basically rebuilding from scratch I will say that this update is pretty fantastic. I look forward to future updates and buying the game if it comes out on steam. Keep up the great work. You passion is greatly appreciated.
THANK YOU! funny enough, this is the second time this project has been rebuild from scratch. First ever release was a rebuild. I was 90% about to scratch it off, but decided not to. Glad I didn't, seems a lot of people really enjoy the game❤

ShayBabe

Aug 3, 2023
You should be sorry, no one forced you to be a smartass and neither are they forcing you to behave like a sentimental snowflake now that you've been called out for your BS. You accuse me of being angry but you haven't stopped whining about being called out on your details that you haven't used correctly even once! In fact, the only thing you HAVE accomplished with this exchange is showing how massive your ego is, and how insecure you get when it's challenged! Definitely doesn't help your argument how every comment you make is a massive deflection, all while you remain under a dunning-kruger effect. So yea, as you said it's done, so you can move on now Karen!
The lag on cutscenes issues is pretty well known. In 99% of the cases its related to running the game under the recommended specs. Its a RPGMaker issue. Specially when running integrated graphics which tends to be the case most times. When it comes to fixing such, RPG maker would need to fix how they render videos first tbh. I have lowered the cutscene memory usage as low as I possibly can, VP9, Viarable bitrate, indexed colors, the whole mile. You can check the needed specs on both the game page, or Patreon.

Reactions: VirtualElf84

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
The lag on cutscenes issues is pretty well known. In 99% of the cases its related to running the game under the recommended specs. Its a RPGMaker issue. Specially when running integrated graphics which tends to be the case most times. When it comes to fixing such, RPG maker would need to fix how they render videos first tbh. I have lowered the cutscene memory usage as low as I possibly can, VP9, Viarable bitrate, indexed colors, the whole mile. You can check the needed specs on both the game page, or Patreon.
That's what I was thinking too, but I couldn't say for certain because there are other RPGM games with a lot of graphics detail that run smooth as silk for me. That aside though, I was being deadass when I said the game has a tremendous amount of potential! ^_^ Anywho, it's just one of those times where I'm denied some new fap material, but as an artist myself I appreciate what I've seen anyway! xD NOT breaking my wrist isn't gonna be the end of me, so it's what it is! Still wish I knew if the devs were inspired by Zem though, or if at least some on the team were (I'm assuming this is a group effort), I'm a huge of his (or hers, I never checked tbh)!

Last edited:

ShayBabe

Aug 3, 2023
That's what I was thinking too, but I couldn't say for certain because there are other RPGM games with a lot of graphics detail that run smooth as silk for me. That aside though, I was being deadass when I said the game has a tremendous amount of potential! ^_^ Anywho, it's just one of those times where I'm denied some new fap material, but as an artist myself I appreciate what I've seen anyway! xD NOT breaking my wrist isn't gonna be the end of me, so it's what it is! Still wish I knew if the devs were inspired by Zem though, I'm a huge of his (or hers, I never checked tbh)!
Currently I'm a lone developer, no real dev team behind this lol, but yes, I played Paccsu to its completion, along other games which inspired me. Art wise, I grew up on games like Adventure Quest. Also, If it helps, I left all cutscenes un-encrypted, so you can just play them from the game folder itself as well, bypassing the engine ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: VirtualElf84

VirtualElf84

Aug 27, 2017
Currently I'm a lone developer, no real dev team behind this lol, but yes, I played Paccsu to its completion, along other games which inspired me. Art wise, I grew up on games like Adventure Quest. Also, If it helps, I left all cutscenes un-encrypted, so you can just play them from the game folder itself as well, bypassing the engine ;)
Being solo and putting this much into it already is insanely impressive! No way in hell am I gonna insult your craft by taking shortcuts like that, even though I do appreciate you telling me about it, but I'd rather be disappointed at a lost opportunity to play than to do that to a hard working artist's efforts! Also I F*CKING KNEW IT!!! xD The elements are all there, but damnit I couldn't assume anything without feeling like an asshole! But yea, good stuff glad to hear I wasn't just imagining it! My favorite is AIDA, btw, mainly because I'm a die hard Fallout fanboy but I still loved Paccsu as well! ^_^ Dat imp cake, amirite?!

Also just so it's out there, and I can't say for sure if others had or are having this issue or not but when I chose to do the "Get revenge on your captor" objective the game just locked up completely. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that without a wipe or revamp in some areas, but either way I figured you'd appreciate being made aware of it. Anywho, much love for the progress thus far mate, keep it up!

Last edited:

OddSevenDogs

Jan 5, 2020
I was going to say, this game reminded me a lot of Paccsu and A.I.D.A from Zem in terms of art and gameplay. Loving the game so far. Like the evolving mechanic too. Different body types for MC is unique. Are all enemies going to have scenes with all the body types or only certain enemies with certain body types?

Last edited:

ShayBabe

Aug 3, 2023
Being solo and putting this much into it already is insanely impressive! No way in hell am I gonna insult your craft by taking shortcuts like that, even though I do appreciate you telling me about it, but I'd rather be disappointed at a lost opportunity to play than to do that to a hard working artist's efforts! Also I F*CKING KNEW IT!!! xD The elements are all there, but damnit I couldn't assume anything without feeling like an asshole! But yea, good stuff glad to hear I wasn't just imagining it! My favorite is AIDA, btw, mainly because I'm a die hard Fallout fanboy but I still loved Paccsu as well! ^_^ Dat imp cake, amirite?!

Also just so it's out there, and I can't say for sure if others had or are having this issue or not but when I chose to do the "Get revenge on your captor" objective the game just locked up completely. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that without a wipe or revamp in some areas, but either way I figured you'd appreciate being made aware of it. Anywho, much love for the progress thus far mate, keep it up!
Thank you very much!! There was a lock referring to that fixed on the last update, happened when using the bed from the bottom. Should be fixed, but if its still occurring, send me a message, I'll see what's going on.

ShayBabe

Aug 3, 2023
I was going to say, this game reminded me a lot of Paccsu and A.I.D.A from Zem in terms of art and gameplay. Loving the game so far. Like the evolving mechanic too. Different body types for MC is unique. Are all enemies going to have scenes with all the body types or only certain enemies with certain body types?
For the moment, certain enemies with certain body types, mostly focusing lore wise, but once I get to the point where all areas are ready, I do plan going back to add more scenes where other forms interact with those monsters as well.

Reactions: OddSevenDogs

nikimabb

Aug 24, 2019
Good afternoon, dear developer! I ran into a problem, a fight in the arena, when the goblin’s clothes are torn, a cutscene with the ending starts, I even developed a tactic on how to destroy her entire life, but the loss cutscene still crashes, please tell me what I’m doing wrong. This is a wonderful project, thank you!

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes