VN Ren'Py Abandoned Daydream [Ch. 1] [FunnyBunnyGames]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Dextor34

Dec 26, 2018
never quite understood that. It's marked visual novel. you don't get choices when you read a novel, you made your choice when you decided to read the book. I appreciate some vn give you choices but are there any "choose your own adventure" books that could be considered literature? VN is a pretty young art form. I don't think it should be treated like a game, it should be treated like a literary work. Not much great work out there yet but who knows in the future?
Who dictates that the only difference between Visual Novels and Novels are the visuals? Sound would be another thing you can't ignore. Why not also choices?

And of course there are, Magium comes to mind. And from a VN only perspective most of them have choices. You might want to take a look at the Visual Novel Database, it may be a relatively new genre, but there is already a ton of quality content like for example "If my Heart had Wings" is a personal favorite. Or the most obvious answer I could give: Clannad, which is probably one of the most popular VNs ever and has a shit ton of choices and like 10 different endings. And try calling Clannad "subpar in it's literature work in comparison to regular novels" and see how long you survive the lynch mob.

Thinking that "VN with choices" writing quality is inherently worse than regular literature is ignorant at best. Books are simply more popular and arguably easier to write, which makes them the obvious choice for most authors. But it wouldn't harm the narrative quality if VNs were more popular and authors would have to think of branching paths to allow choices instead of just writing one story with VN feature around it.

And to make a difference between games and literature as if that is an indication of quality is debatable. Obvious examples that prove games can be as good or even superior to regular literature include Silent Hill, Bioshock, Witcher 3, Last of Us, Mass Effect, Spec Ops: The Line, Final Fantasy, etc.

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
I don't know why so many people try to make a game when they have obviously no talent for writing. Better for them to just make image sets/animations; they wouldn't waste time with coding and could produce more.
People can get better if it really is what they want to do, constructive criticism can help them improve and it's better than saying "you're shit, quit now".

The problem is simply people that don't care about what they're doing and release the first thing they poop out, talented or not.

DOM76210

Dec 19, 2017
People can get better if it really is what they want to do, constructive criticism can help them improve and it's better than saying "you're shit, quit now".

The problem is simply people that don't care about what they're doing and release the first thing they poop out, talented or not.
Mostly because no matter how bad the "engrish", some people will not only think it's great, but will donate via Patreon. Especially if the game developer caters to a few fetishes that seem to make some people not give a shit how bad the actual game is.

Oct 29, 2016
Damn, i wont dl it because most found this first version mediocre the least, but should i add it on my watchlist???

I have already 50 VN here jezuzfc :ROFLMAO:

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
Currently, there are no choices to make. It's just a linear story. I like the idea but am wondering where they intend to go with it. As another mentioned, the fetishes were all over the place and depending on the scene were sometimes contradictory, one minute he's the sub, then dom, then futa on male. Hopefully, these represent possible paths you can go in an actual game after this chapter. The dev should work with someone to improve the English translation. It started out OK but got progressively worse as the story progressed.

Personally, I hope it also include trap and sissy content (Futa on trap/sissy). But, I do like variety, so other paths could provide replayability. Right now it's too early to tell. Hopefully, that's just an introductory prologue, and choices to take different paths will emerge. I'll follow this and hold judgment.

I would recommend adding mind control, BDSM, group sex, and anal sex to the tags. Eventually, corruption may be a tag you want to add. The dev should also consider having dialogue that explains whether the different scenes were pulling out different desires he has while dreaming or whether they were imposing their will on him (i.e. while in the dream, can they only manipulate you in the direction of hidden or repressed desires?).

There's potential here. Good luck.

Dunfion

Nov 4, 2017
R-U-N, do not walk, away from this. At least that is MY opinion. I would have a hard time being anally raped by my female co-workers, and NOT hard in the fun way. I simply cannot imagine anything pleasant about that encounter. This one is for the bin...

unclester

Nov 21, 2018
I think this game has potential. Sure there were no choices in this version but I think it gave a decent overview of story lines. Assuming that those dreams were not solely used to stress out MC, but instead to give hits towards what direction you could choose in future versions. The patreon page made it seem like there will be more player choices and activities in future versions.

Sure the English translations sometimes sounded odd, but they were understandable. I try not to fault people too much when they create a game in one language and translate it to English. If you want to help the creator then give them some better examples of how to say something instead of just saying your English sucks. I'm sure most are already aware of their English skills.

Graphics seem pretty good. For a first version it was nice to see different outfits for the few characters we've meet.

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
Who dictates that the only difference between Visual Novels and Novels are the visuals? Sound would be another thing you can't ignore. Why not also choices?

And of course there are, Magium comes to mind. And from a VN only perspective most of them have choices. You might want to take a look at the Visual Novel Database, it may be a relatively new genre, but there is already a ton of quality content like for example "If my Heart had Wings" is a personal favorite. Or the most obvious answer I could give: Clannad, which is probably one of the most popular VNs ever and has a shit ton of choices and like 10 different endings. And try calling Clannad "subpar in it's literature work in comparison to regular novels" and see how long you survive the lynch mob.

Thinking that "VN with choices" writing quality is inherently worse than regular literature is ignorant at best. Books are simply more popular and arguably easier to write, which makes them the obvious choice for most authors. But it wouldn't harm the narrative quality if VNs were more popular and authors would have to think of branching paths to allow choices instead of just writing one story with VN feature around it.

And to make a difference between games and literature as if that is an indication of quality is debatable. Obvious examples that prove games can be as good or even superior to regular literature include Silent Hill, Bioshock, Witcher 3, Last of Us, Mass Effect, Spec Ops: The Line, Final Fantasy, etc.
All interesting ideas. However quality literature is rarely judged on being popular which you repeatedly fall back to. But I have no interest in arguing the point or any other. As a barely adequate writer myself I just see the immense difficulty of telling a really good tale the way you want with the necessity of letting the reader arbitrarily make the decisions. I can only applaud writers skilled enough to pull it off. I don't have anything against choices in VN - just don't feel it's needed. I'll always back an author telling their story however they choose.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes