3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Hi,
i've been working on another sci-fi enviroment. It's a curved hallway (this time curved in the right diraction :) ). Maybe a few more information to this scene. I kinda got carried away with modeling details in the beginning and had to reduce details later and had to remodel a few things becuase to polycount just exploded. Even now the polygon count on the complete scene is above 9 milion polygons... kinda hard to handle for my machine. I seperated the scene into a few smaller parts so i can hide parts of the hallway which wont be visible in certain angles anyway. As allways i would like to add more details and more stuff to the enviroment, but i guess it will be to much to handle. I'am not satisfied with some of the textures, but for a few test renders it's quite ok i guess.

View attachment 538077 View attachment 538078
Hi AdamBeyer,

The first picture I did not think of sci-fi at first. I thought a naked couple were caught fucking out in the open at the local shopping mall. ;)

The second picture is cool and very sci-fi station like too me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvellous Lunatic

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Hi Larry Kubiac,

I like the overall comp, but my eyes were drawn to all those hard shadows everywhere (the heaviest distraction for me was beside the up-skirt girl on the couch).

Maybe make the shadows softer to blend better and my eyes would focus more on the lovely bits shown. :)
Thx. I'm not a fan of the shadows too, I'll think about it next time or not ^^

Since the light comes from there, the shadows should have been directed to the right and not to the left.
capture.png

Reactions: asd33asd33

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Thx. I'm not a fan of the shadows too, I'll think about it next time or not ^^

Since the light comes from there, the shadows should have been directed to the right and not to the left.
View attachment 538737
Hi again,

Maybe this info can help further your aims a little bit. Good luck.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Note the info may be outdated? It's from a quick search about lighting showing shadows the wrong direction in Daz3D. :)

Reactions: johnycage69

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Hi again,

Maybe this info can help further your aims a little bit. Good luck.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Note the info may be outdated? It's from a quick search about lighting showing shadows the wrong direction in Daz3D. :)
Actually, I think it's from something I didn't do and should've done. Removed all light emissions from the environment. Thanks for the links, it might be of use to me.

So I think I'm going to stick with that and stop mumbling with the spotlights which are not great in the end and only use those 2 things:

The rendering time compared to light DAZ stuff and HDRI light is significantly shorter. And we can make equivalent light effects.
Exemple 7min rendering with one ghost light with settings:
erica apartment0.jpg

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Really like your character model, however a couple of suggestions to improve it further.
1) Reduce the face bump map by about 1/2. Skin just looks a little too sandpaperish.
2) Replace the lips bump map with one that that is more vertical lines rather than skin texture. also reduce the dual lobe roughness to make it a little shinnier.
3) Minor posing tweak by adjusting the earings to dangle slightly more to the right.
Still nice work though. (y)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes