3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
One more light test. My computer hates me.
View attachment 548301
tell me what's wrong with these to make me better. please
Well first, her front is extremely bright and yet the shadow is from a light behind her so it looks weird. It's also overexposed and the highlights are too high, especially around the chest, arm, shoulder, and thigh. The background you chose is an overcast, cloudy day but the light set makes it look like she's standing in a very bright, sunny day.

You should check out the tonemapping section of the render tab and play around with some of those settings as a start.

• Love
Reactions: jfredy78

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
This is my first ever render after playing with Daz3D for a day, not perfect but a nice test to see what I can do so far I think. Took 45 mins to render. Not sure what's going on with the lighting on the chest of drawers, but in time I will learn. Characters are from a game I am planning.

View attachment 545741
Here's another render test, 30 minutes at 4K downscaled to 1080p:
TL-C2.png

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Tried out the IN-A-BOX series:
View attachment 545584
Liked the result but even after 5 hours it still needed a denoiser....
Yep, sadly it is. Same problem pages ago hahah.
It's definitely good looking, but it's a pain in the ass with all of those surfaces here and there.

Awesome work, as always. One thing: did you try using this asset here? If it's G8?

Mostly for this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It define much more like a normal human body should do in positions like this! I mean, it's still perfect as it is no doubt about that, just wondering c:

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
it's too bright eh?

wish there was a way for me to turn down the brightness, using "Render Studio Iray Fill lights (center, left and right)", there is no Lum Flex or Temp option on these light

edit* sofa is 157% scale, so why she look so small

scene8-1-4sittingroom.jpg

scene8-1-3sittingroom.jpg

Last edited:

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Photoshop is your friend, adjust the levels a bit and you can lessen the wash.
View attachment 548599

With a bit more post-work, you might even be able to get the lighting to look kind of interesting.
View attachment 548601
yeah, Photoshop would be a way to go and do have photoshop elements but not sure how to lower light in that. however, most images seem fine but some are too bright, would prefer to just use daz though and limit photoshop editing afterwards. already use PS to lower image size.

going need to redo these anyway, as decided to lower sofa scale back to 100

Reactions: Ripe Banana Games

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Welp, kinda did another mini-set with two of my favorite chars (I should probably name them someday lol) but this time around, I did 10 instead of the usual 4/5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Rather, this is a bonus picture since in the middle of doing the set, I kinda shifted and tried other settings within daz, which ended up looking much more better than this here hahah

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes