3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

KlodowWW

Mar 18, 2019
I continue to study DAZ. I figured out DOF. Tell me how to remove the shadows under the eyes? View attachment 559114
And we need advice on how to make the most photo-realistic shot.
The shadow is cast by the eyelashes, maybe the light is too hard. I never had this problem.

If you want to make the photo more "realistic" the best way for me ( This is only my opinion.) You need to understand how to use soft and hard light, the Tone mapping options in the render settings and for me the most important, learning Photoshop ( or any kind of image editing software) Here is a side by side comparison I did for you.

Disclaimer : I'm not really good with PS, I'm learning everyday.

Trolls.png TrollsFFF.png

I've spend like 15 minutes with PS. Hope this is something that can help you !

Dec 27, 2019
iRay rendering is a bit weird for benchmarking. Unlike with gaming and such, there is practically NO difference between different brands and variations of the same model graphicscard for iRay. The cheapest Gigabyte 2080Ti renders about as fast as the most expensive MSI 2080Ti card. But, before you order just about any new Nvidia graphicscard.. The 30xx series will supposedly launch this year. Although Daz does tend to be slow with implementing the latest driver technologies into Daz Studio. Actually, NVidia is quite slow as well, they finally released drivers optimized for iRay rendering on RTX cards less than half a year ago, when the cards were already on sale for a year. The improvements were great, but it would've been nice if they had unlocked those mechanics earlier.
OK, thank you for the info Dripping! :)

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I continue to study DAZ. I figured out DOF. Tell me how to remove the shadows under the eyes? View attachment 559114
And we need advice on how to make the most photo-realistic shot.
KlodowWW already explained to you, what causes the shadows. Photorealism, realistic imagery and believability ain't the same, sadly the internet doesn't know that and uses those terms interchangeably and in the wrong context.
Photorealism means an image that can't be distinguished from photography. If this really is your intention you have to learn a lot more besides good lighting or the proper use of image manipulation software.
Here is a very first starting point for CGI Artists. Have fun, It is an interesting topic that will you occupy for ever. ;)

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
One thing I found out about what helps make an image more photoreal. It is the little details, like the peachfuzz on a persons arms or face, the fabric knitting on cloths, these things can make a render much more photorealistic.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
So, is there a SP plugin for DAZ or do you create the textures outside DAZ (using the asset templates as guides) and then import them into DAZ?

Thanks
Mo.
I use Substance Painter outside of Daz3D. They do not have a plugin as of yet. But it is easy, all you do is save your 3D model as .OBJ or .FBX then import into SP. Then you need to bake some channels and your all set.

I use it a lot with character outfits I create in blender. Or props as well. Or if you want to re texture an outfit you already have, just export it from Daz and then import it into SP

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes