3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Jun 29, 2018
Converted the girls from my game Sylphia Island to Daz. Thoughts/Feedback? I've contemplated moving the game to Daz3D
If you are only looking into visual, I like the daz versions more
if you use animation on your game, it might not be so simple on daz, from what I remember from the illusion tools

Ebonheart

Dec 26, 2017
Converted the girls from my game Sylphia Island to Daz. Thoughts/Feedback? I've contemplated moving the game to Daz3D

View attachment 600090
View attachment 600092 View attachment 600093

View attachment 600094
View attachment 600096
View attachment 600097
This is all just my opinion, but I much prefer DAZ characters over those made in Honey Select. Both in terms of how the characters look and the programs used to make them. Sure, you can make some pretty good looking stuff in Honey Select; but for the same amount of effort, you can make something look even better in DAZ. To get to my point - your DAZ characters look miles better than your Honey Select ones. You've managed to retain each characters identity and style, while simultaneously adding new elements that make them unique. I can't really think of anything overtly bad to say besides my own personal nitpicks. Otherwise, great job!

Aug 30, 2019

View attachment 600090

View attachment 600094
View attachment 600096
View attachment 600097
Alex is a miss, unfortunately. The HS version looks like an older, motherly character. Daz looks like a teenager. I'd try one of the updo hairs available and maybe mix in an older looking character for the face. The rest look pretty much prefect. Would like a little more vibrancy to Lillian's hair, though.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it's up to you, but, having said that, you've done some really nice work and I really like the new versions :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ArturiousDesign

DillyD

Dec 22, 2019
Hey guys, another new render and I'm looking for tips on how to improve my lighting. In this scene I have 1 ghost light along the ceiling to brighten the environment and a single rectangular spotlight aimed directly at the character, but I feel the character could still have a bit more "pop" to it and skin shine. Any advice appreciated.
denoised_BG5.png

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
The only advice I would give for making her pop more would be dim the main lighting a bit, so she is darker. then ad 2 side mesh lights at different colours. one slightly blueish, one slightly orangish. That way she is not too flat. you can also create a mesh light behind her. just make sure the opacity is set to 0.000000001 so the renderer does not pick it up.

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018

View attachment 600090

View attachment 600094
View attachment 600096
View attachment 600097
All the new versions look really good, only minor things like why didn't you use a tied up hairstyle for the first girl and not kept the second girl in a dress? I haven't played your game so I am not familiar with their personalities but to me they kind of conflict in a way.

DillyD

Dec 22, 2019
The only advice I would give for making her pop more would be dim the main lighting a bit, so she is darker. then ad 2 side mesh lights at different colours. one slightly blueish, one slightly orangish. That way she is not too flat. you can also create a mesh light behind her. just make sure the opacity is set to 0.000000001 so the renderer does not pick it up.
I am a bit of a lighting noob- are mesh lights just meshes that have emissive lighting? And what is the point of adding a light behind the character if the renderer does not pick it up? Should I create these lights by scratch, or is there content available I could use for this purpose?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

View attachment 600090

View attachment 600094
View attachment 600096
View attachment 600097
Love the Daz conversions, but then from what I understand of HS it's only advantage is it's simplicity. That said, I don't play male MC games, so my opinion for your game is irrelevant. It may be better just to continue using HS until you finish that game, then start a new one in Daz.

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
I am a bit of a lighting noob- are mesh lights just meshes that have emissive lighting? And what is the point of adding a light behind the character if the renderer does not pick it up? Should I create these lights by scratch, or is there content available I could use for this purpose?
Can be yes, adding the light behind the character can highlight the shoulders, top of the head etc to help highlight them better.
What they mean by setting the opacity to the light to 0.00001 is that the light will still show in the render, but what is emitting the light will not be seen (if that is what you are asking). The back light will be a little high to get the top back of the head and shoulders.

Turn000.png

In this image I have back lights to her right and left. You can create the lights yourself and there are ones available in the DAZ store (not sure if there are ones in the forums here as I don't check), I usually create my own and experiment with different setups.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Yes you can create your own light. Just use a primitive or basically any object and put an emissive shader on it. :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes