• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Can i join too. . .?? :D
C'mon.

pourquoi sa fait ca
Why is it doing this?
View attachment 605987
Bientot tu devras les acheté les like que tu mets xD C'est n'importe quoi mais bon qu'est se tu veux faut bien ramené des donations xd
Soon you'll have to buy them as you put them on xD It's nonsense, but whatever you want, you'll have to bring back some donations xd

Reactions: SStyliss3D
Aug 30, 2019
The materials part of it, are there any tutorials or resources about N.G.E you can share?
Not really. See, I looked for tutorials, saw they were all from like 3 years ago, using a much older version of Octane and for C4D. So I just decided to mess around. Saw that Octane has a universal shader, which is like Blender's principled shader. So I read the documentation (standalone docs, not the daz docs which seem to be outdated) and applied my knowledge (albeit fairly limited) of Blender's nodes to Octane.

Here's what my skin material is. Try it out and mess with the values. It's super basic and likely won't be useful for photorealistic textures but it seems to produce a nice look. Transmission is your SSS colour. Mine's set to a dark reddish colour. Octane has a liveDB that I'll be checking out. I've seen some skin options so maybe they'll help as a reference.
Octane Node.png

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
Not really. See, I looked for tutorials, saw they were all from like 3 years ago, using a much older version of Octane and for C4D. So I just decided to mess around. Saw that Octane has a universal shader, which is like Blender's principled shader. So I read the documentation (standalone docs, not the daz docs which seem to be outdated) and applied my knowledge (albeit fairly limited) of Blender's nodes to Octane.

Here's what my skin material is. Try it out and mess with the values. It's super basic and likely won't be useful for photorealistic textures but it seems to produce a nice look. Transmission is your SSS colour. Mine's set to a dark reddish colour. Octane has a liveDB that I'll be checking out. I've seen some skin options so maybe they'll help as a reference.
View attachment 606277
No Diffuse map? Albedo is the diffuse?

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019

View attachment 606277
Thats great to know. :) Just on the topic of Octane skin shaders. I talked with Otoy company and complained to them that rendering any Daz character in Octane is very difficult to get it looking good. Unlike in Daz Iray, strait out of the box it looks great.

So otoy guy tolled me that they are in the middle of completely redoing the daz3d plugin so that it works so much better right out of the box with daz3d characters. So its something to look foreword to in the future.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
jfredy78 J'essai de trouvé des trucs complexe a rendre mais meme ça, sa prend 5min je pensais que les jeux de lumiere allait avoir un effet mais nope
I'm trying to find complex stuff to render, It takes 5 minutes. I thought the light effects would have an effect, but nope.
Snow.png

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019
Thats great to know. :) Just on the topic of Octane skin shaders. I talked with Otoy company and complained to them that rendering any Daz character in Octane is very difficult to get it looking good. Unlike in Daz Iray, strait out of the box it looks great.

So otoy guy tolled me that they are in the middle of completely redoing the daz3d plugin so that it works so much better right out of the box with daz3d characters. So its something to look foreword to in the future.
That's good to know. It was disappointing to see that the Iray to Octane conversion wasn't that great. The nodes end up as a convoluted mess. The most annoying thing is that, because Daz splits the UVs into Face, Torso, Arms and Legs, you have to adjust it in Octane four times. It's really tedious. Also, compared to the C4D interface, the Octane interface for Daz is way too cluttered. There's basically no formatting to split up the sections. It's like if someone wrote a novel without any paragraphs.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
I used breastacular. Getting it to look right takes a long time and is a pain in the ass, but that's what we get for trying to use a posing software for sculpting purposes. I just wish there would be a graft for the glutes similar to what Breastacular is for the breasts.
Thanks i will have to give it a more serious try then.
So far i am experimenting with lickalicious but with true horrible result.
It should be simple. I applied the tongue and select the pose for it but her face would scare the boogeyman.
But i am not giving up.

But i have wanting to do something with breastacular so im going to try that first.

Reactions: OGDX
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes