3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xqwzts

Oct 8, 2017
Howdy fellas! I have a question.

I'm trying to render a scene with 5 characters in bar. Buut... I just can't. I have pretty decent GPU RTX 2070 Super. But every single time when I'm trying to make some renders DAZ just crashes. Any ideas how to fix this?

Characters are G8, render with Iray.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019

I'm trying to render a scene with 5 characters in bar. Buut... I just can't. I have pretty decent GPU RTX 2070 Super. But every single time when I'm trying to make some renders DAZ just crashes. Any ideas how to fix this?

5 G8 including scene and props will not fit on your 8 GB VRAM (GPU RAM), so you won't get GPU rendering.

Most times these crashes result in too low memory (RAM) of your computer. (How much do you have?)
Check your memory consumption with the task manager.

How to fix:
- more ram
- use tools like scene optimizer

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017

It's very possible you have a scene that goes over the memory of your 2070. It should just go to CPU but in my experience it is just as likely to crash Daz.

Try it with this:

Scene Optimizer

cgjoshy

Sep 23, 2017

My PC does the same thing sometimes. I always check the shaders and make sure they are all Iray Uber for the shader.
I have 2 gtx 1660 gpus.

Dec 27, 2019

Maybe try rendering the scene in sections? If there is little light interaction (like shadows) between the background props and the characters - render the background separately first?
Or maybe render the characters separately (with transparent backgrounds) and then overlay the files in a program like Photoshop or something similar?

Mo.

Reactions: Baka_Energy_studios

Feb 3, 2020
tk99 Boogie I'll try I have 12GB RAM but I'll try Optimizer. Thank you ;)
If the render uses more VRAM than what's available in GPU, Iray will drop to CPU and if there is not enough DRAM and no pagefile, the render won't proceed. These are just my very, very rough guesstimates of how memory is used in Daz:

memory for render = total - 2GB (assuming the GPU is also used for OS and mutltitask) so you have 6GB VRAM
G8 character @ subD2 = 1.5-1.8 GB each without scene optimization subD4, i.e. HD characters use multiple times that each.

2070 has 8GB VRAM but only 6GB can be used for render. You have 5 characters so that's at least 8GB and probably more than 10GB with the other stuff, which is why the render won't go through even when it drops to CPU and looking to fit the scene into system memory (12GB - 2GB = 10GB).

Daz3D memory management is a blackbox, a terrible, terrible blackbox.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
The Biggest Fashion trend coming out this Summer!!!

It comes in 5 Amazing Colors: Safety Yellow, Firetruck Red, Emergency Medical Services White, Nuclear Radiation Green, and Bio-Hazard Black!!!
With a Special Limited-time Only Color: Stay the FUCK Inside Green Army Camo.

Corona fashion.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes