3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Dec 27, 2019
If the render uses more VRAM than what's available in GPU, Iray will drop to CPU and if there is not enough DRAM and no pagefile, the render won't proceed. These are just my very, very rough guesstimates of how memory is used in Daz:

memory for render = total - 2GB (assuming the GPU is also used for OS and mutltitask) so you have 6GB VRAM
G8 character @ subD2 = 1.5-1.8 GB each without scene optimization subD4, i.e. HD characters use multiple times that each.

2070 has 8GB VRAM but only 6GB can be used for render. You have 5 characters so that's at least 8GB and probably more than 10GB with the other stuff, which is why the render won't go through even when it drops to CPU and looking to fit the scene into system memory (12GB - 2GB = 10GB).

Daz3D memory management is a blackbox, a terrible, terrible blackbox.

The aim for my new rig is to have 64 GB of DRAM on top of the two GPUs I want to add - just for the reason that DRAM is used when VRAM is used up. Also use a SSD for pagefile.

Mo.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I read once that the max amount of Ram you ever need when rendering with Daz3d was 16GBs whats more important is the video card. The more powerful the Video card, the faster the render. But I could be wrong. Its a topic I'm always intrested in learning more about.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Hi, how did you achieve those stars outside? Was it with HDRI and if so, where did you find it? Thanks is advance :giggle:
Hi, just edited some picture from NASA gallery I think it was and put it on a curved plane in some distance behind the window.

like this
starplane.jpg

here's the edited image
STARS1.jpg

I'm not sure where I got the curve plane from but it also works on a normal one

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I read once that the max amount of Ram you ever need when rendering with Daz3d was 16GBs whats more important is the video card. The more powerful the Video card, the faster the render. But I could be wrong. Its a topic I'm always intrested in learning more about.
It depends on the how big the scene is. The more characters, the more complicated the background, the more intrecate the lighting & the better the textures the more Ram you need.
I'm currently on 16 gigs and I feel it is not enough at times. having to close all other tasks and reboot the pc for some scenes. I'd have liked to have 32GB for some more room (unfortunately my motherboard/CPU is borked so it can't handle more than 2 sticks of RAM).

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I had a desktop at once with 32 GB of RAM, and i always felt like Daz3D didnt use the full amount of RAM I had available. But then I never really did any super complex scenes to find out. So... My desktop broke now so I'm on a laptop with only 16 GB and a GTX 970 graphics card. A lot older then what I was running on my desktop which was a GTX 1060

CRISDARK31

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2018
Hello how would you like to know if anyone has seen this hairstyle and if you could share the link in advance thank you

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes