3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
Depends on what graphics cards you have. . .
Care to give me an example that works (like from 1060Ti and above it works) and an example that it doesn't work (like 970 and below doesn't) if it works like that at all (the GPU model completely at random so no hating please..hahaha).i am trying to figure out what my new PC would be like and I am asking people to help me in general... thanks in advance.

Aug 30, 2019
So what if you have 2 GPUs with 8GB each? Will you be able to use both the GPUs (so 16GB total memory) or it doesn't matter?
With NVlink you can, but that only applies to 2080 and 2080ti (and maybe the 2070S). Also, the software has to support it. It won't be the full 16gb either, since the system isn't perfect and it depends on the specific software's implementation.

EDIT: Forgot about the Titan but that'll cost you two 2080tis.

Last edited:
Reactions: koleoptero
Jun 29, 2018
Care to give me an example that works (like from 1060Ti and above it works) and an example that it doesn't work (like 970 and below doesn't) if it works like that at all (the GPU model completely at random so no hating please..hahaha).i am trying to figure out what my new PC would be like and I am asking people to help me in general... thanks in advance.
I used to have a geforce 950ti with 6GB of Vram
If I tried to render an image with 2 chars and a HDRI background, it would work perfectly

if I included an environment (eg:apartment) + lights + character (keep3) all maps would be more than my 6GB and CPU would be used
So it is not about tell me what works, but about how much you can spend and how complex the scenes will be. Plus, how long do you want to wait for the render to complete
The more you spend, less you will wait

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
what kind of Pc u wanna build is it only for 3D making or General and Gaming use??

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
So it is not about tell me what works, but about how much you can spend and how complex the scenes will be. Plus, how long do you want to wait for the render to complete
The more you spend, less you will wait
It's not that simple, because you DON'T need to throw outrageous amounts of money at hardware JUST so you can render "complex scenes" using Daz.

I worked in IT, Network Operations, and Computer Security for over 40 years. Have been using "home computers" for graphics intensive simulations (state of the art flight simulators that can bring even the most expensive home computers to their knees, etc) since the 1980's, and will give a much easier solution for the types of "graphics processing of complex scenes" than spending thousands of $$$ JUST to upgrade a computer for Daz rendering.

Learn how to render your "complex scenes" one part of the scene at a time, THEN combine those "parts" with something like Photoshop, GIMP, etc. I'm not going to write a "How To..." in this reply...someone can use Internet searches to learn the skills needed to do it.

But there are PLENTY of people here rendering "complex scenes" using 5 year old laptops or desktop computers with less than $1000 GPUs by rendering PARTS of the entire scene separately, then combining them using Photoshop, GIMP, etc.

If you aren't doing Daz graphics rendering professionally, you don't need a megabucks computer setup to do it. Heck, even the professionals WITH the megabucks computers still use Photoshop, etc.

Now, if you are talking GAMING, then YES, you may have to spend the money to get better CPUs and GPUs to keep up with the latest and greatest gaming titles, etc . But even then, it may depend on how much of the "bling" in the game's graphics settings you are willing to turn down at any given time in the game/simulator.

Gaming vs Computer Graphics creation/rendering like using Daz are two completely different sets of requirements. So, if you are wanting to buy/build a computer for BOTH gaming and graphics rendering (like Daz), spend the money/buy the hardware for the GAMING intention you want to achieve. Then run Daz the way you "have to" to get the render quality you want, including using multi-part rendering of scenes (when necessary), then post processing the "parts" together using software like Photoshop, GIMP, etc.

Last edited:

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
Rtx Graphic cards is good take a look what you like and how much money u wanna spend,also Cpu Amd or Intel after the Ram Memory and Some SSD for storage and Speed...

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
It's not that simple, because you DON'T need to throw outrageous amounts of money at hardware JUST so you can render "complex scenes" using Daz.

I worked in IT, Network Operations, and Computer Security for over 40 years. Have been using "home computers" for graphics intensive simulations (state of the art flight simulators that can bring even the most expensive home computers to their knees, etc) since the 1980's, and will give a much easier solution for the types of "graphics processing of complex scenes" than spending thousands of $$$ JUST to upgrade a computer for Daz rendering.

Learn how to render your "complex scenes" one part of the scene at a time, THEN combine those "parts" with something like Photoshop, GIMP, etc. I'm not going to write a "How To..." in this reply...someone can use Internet searches to learn the skills needed to do it.

But there are PLENTY of people here rendering "complex scenes" using 5 year old laptops or desktop computers with less than $1000 GPUs by rendering PARTS of the entire scene separately, then combining them using Photoshop, GIMP, etc.

If you aren't doing Daz graphics rendering professionally, you don't need a megabucks computer setup to do it. Heck, even the professionals WITH the megabucks computers still use Photoshop, etc.
You are right. I know that. I wasn't gonna spend crazy amount of money to upgrade my PC just for my hobby. It is a bit against my theories. But i would like to know whether there are some points (besides photoshop that i know i can do what you say and I do that cause.. no other choice actually) and tricks to get a better workflow (right now my PC is very basic and even when i switvh to iray view on the viewport to get the render feeling is a lot of times very difficult.. pc freezing for a while etc..) and a reduced amount of time for the renders.. just doing a research, nothing more than that! :) I totaly agree with you on these issues you mentioned tho..

Reactions: Falcon6

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
its from a game ?
these images aren't, but i have posted some images from my next game (the penny conspiracy) and the last one, too (shag the hag) in this thread. i do a lot of bonus renders for fun in my patreon just to add some variety. :)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
You are right. I know that. I wasn't gonna spend crazy amount of money to upgrade my PC just for my hobby. It is a bit against my theories. But i would like to know whether there are some points (besides photoshop that i know i can do what you say and I do that cause.. no other choice actually) and tricks to get a better workflow (right now my PC is very basic and even when i switvh to iray view on the viewport to get the render feeling is a lot of times very difficult.. pc freezing for a while etc..) and a reduced amount of time for the renders.. just doing a research, nothing more than that! :) I totaly agree with you on these issues you mentioned tho..
i prefer doing it all in daz. i'm too lazy to muck about with photoshop.

• Haha

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
So what if you have 2 GPUs with 8GB each? Will you be able to use both the GPUs (so 16GB total memory) or it doesn't matter?
No, to process a scene all of the geometry and textures need to be loaded into each card. Hence if you have a 6GB and an 8GB card and you try to render with both simultaneously, you are limited to 6GB. As I am a developer and am in this boat (GTX1060 and RTX2060), I have had extended conversation with Daz support staff about the matter. Sorry for the bad news.

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
No, to process a scene all of the geometry and textures need to be loaded into each card. Hence if you have a 6GB and an 8GB card and you try to render with both simultaneously, you are limited to 6GB. As I am a developer and am in this boat (GTX1060 and RTX2060), I have had extended conversation with Daz support staff about the matter. Sorry for the bad news.
it's actually good news.. hahaha it means that i only need on GPU :D thanks a lot for your answer.. and actually everyone for their contribution. It's valuable!!

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
it's actually good news.. hahaha it means that i only need on GPU :D thanks a lot for your answer.. and actually everyone for their contribution. It's valuable!!
No problem man thats why is forums,to learn from each other and help each other :). . .

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
As a general note the current version of Daz has some severe memory management problems. Scenes that you are able to render as single images, fail to GPU render when you attempt to render via a batch render or an image series. The beta version, for me at least, just crashes when I attempt to batch render. Understandable, some of this has resulted form the conversion to handle RTX technology, however when you are dealing with a commercial product, stability should be a priority.

They can say that Daz is 'free', however it merely uses the economic model proven by iTunes.

Last edited:
Reactions: pim0
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes