3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Feb 3, 2020
So what if you have 2 GPUs with 8GB each? Will you be able to use both the GPUs (so 16GB total memory) or it doesn't matter?
I am no expert on this but from what I read on Daz forum that Iray does not support any memory pooling (probably on purpose by Nvidia so they don't erode the 20x premium on professional cards). So it's kind of like RAID where your max VRAM capacity is the smallest of the combo. In 2x8GB, Iray only sees 8GB but you still get the benefit of 2xGPU rendering speed.

Reactions: koleoptero

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I am no expert on this but from what I read on Daz forum that Iray does not support any memory pooling (probably on purpose by Nvidia so they don't erode the 20x premium on professional cards). So it's kind of like RAID where your max VRAM capacity is the smallest of the combo. In 2x8GB, Iray only sees 8GB but you still get the benefit of 2xGPU rendering speed.
That's not entirely correct, Daz/Iray uses both cards independently, means that if you have different vram and the scene doesn't fit on one of the cards, it will still use the other, and yes, the benefit of two (or more) cards is the rendering speed.

Reactions: koleoptero and GNVE

Feb 3, 2020
X3rr4 I'm Sorry I Took So Long To Post The Render Ive Updated My Windows And I Logged Out Of Discord I'm Trying To Login But Cant I Used A Tempmail And Forgotten My Password Ill Try To Login Again :FacePalm:
View attachment 616188
I really like how the lighting and DoF bring out the contrast of clothing against the skin. The shadows and details of the different materials really add to realism. Is there any trick of getting that effect? Or is it just time consuming experiments and trials :LOL:

Phanex

under a black flag we shall sail
Mar 16, 2020
I really like how the lighting and DoF bring out the contrast of clothing against the skin. The shadows and details of the different materials really add to realism. Is there any trick of getting that effect? Or is it just time consuming experiments and trials :LOL:
I Used PRO-Studio Lighting System

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Unfortunately this is the inherit problem of rendering things separately. The bounces of light and shadows created by the objects interacting with each other in the same render will not be there when rendering things individually.

Some VN game are not that photo-realistic and if the story is good - it really does not matter IMO.
If you are going for art that is as close as possible to real life environments - then you need to come up with composition angles that hide some of those missing shadows.

Mo.
I completely agree, Yes that is the main problem when doing individual renders out and then combining them. The lighting is not there. If a person pays close attention to the lighting they cold probably get it close to what it is supposed to be in a render by using other light sources on each individual character rendered out to correctly simulate what it should look like, but that would take even more time.

I have decided what I would really like to do in my game for the quality would be to try and make the renders and characters look as good as Disney animated cartoons or pixar cartoons. that quality. but also look real life characters. not cartoon characters.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
tfw you know the Cake isn't real, but you still have a Sweet Tooth for Dark Chocolate!

, ,
Latishya's Cake is not real.jpg

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes