3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
As a general note the current version of Daz has some severe memory management problems. Scenes that you are able to render as single images, fail to GPU render when you attempt to render via a batch render or an image series. The beta version, for me at least, just crashes when I attempt to batch render. Understandable, some of this has resulted form the conversion to handle RTX technology, however when you are dealing with a commercial product, stability should be a priority.

They can say that Daz is 'free', however it merely uses the economic model proven by iTunes.
As far as I know, the current beta version of Daz have a new "system" of processing the VRAM: if you don't have enough for rendering the scene, it will crash immediately. While in the public and "more stable" version instead just goes into CPU rendering, the beta if you uncheck the CPU option, this time really doesn't use it if the VRAM is not enough. Maybe that's part of the problem, other than maybe the batch renderer di per se not really "compatible" with the beta!

On another note, here's my contribution :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And this is the link for the other two variants that I made

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
View attachment 616633

My newbie render,
any tips on improvement will be appreciated.
Think about it this way, if YOU talk shit about your work, Other people will talk shit. Be confident in your product and art style. Art is subjective and no one style is The Best. In my personal opinion: this looks fine, renders are clean, and presentable. Colors look flat and washed out. That's probably due to under saturation. Like I said, lighting rigs and Shaders and you'll be fine. Also, directional lighting helps too. And knowing when you have too much light.

F22232425

Dec 2, 2017
lighting rigs and Shaders and you'll be fine
For the iray shader, were you refering to the charcter skin, hair, clothing or the environment?
So I need to start modifying them from surface pane?

About the lighting rigs, I haven't used any directional lightnings at this point, I used presets from environment assets
and learned from them.

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
View attachment 616633

My newbie render,
any tips on improvement will be appreciated.
hehe.... my first render was like that!! it's great don't get me wrong! But i soon realized that without proper lighting, all render seem washed out. You need to work more on you lighting the scene and less in the scene itself. Youtube has great tutorials and believe me, if you put half the props in the same scene, with the proper lights, it will be much greater.

The shaders came second to my list of things to learn (still learning. I have a scene that i am trying to get the lighting correct for 4 days now.. hahaha). Important thing shaders tho.. and they will come to life with proper lights as well!!

Then goes the details in your scene. The folder that is floating, the dorrknob is floating (creates a shadow to the door) etc.. but these will come, as far as you are determined to put some effort in changing viewing angles in the viewport to match exactly what you want to do.

Great job! Keep it up and you will know more than you initially intended.. :)

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Why the bloody balls is this happening? (not the hair thing - that's not a problem... I mean the demonic black sclera!) Any ideas?
corridor03_3h8.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes