3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Well, what I meant to say was that those who render on servers don't need their graphic cards. And since these options are useless for the creation of a scene, we can disable them, if we use a server (example with 7 graphics cards at 10000$ per month xd).
View attachment 616975
Wait, you're telling me that you can actually rent like.. servers that have graphic cards of their own to render? Instead of using your own? Or did I get it wrong? If not, that's new to me :oops:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Their called Server Farms. I used them before. and they work very well, but are mostly done for animations. If you use them for single images it gets costly.
Yeah, it's very expensive, but with our old machines it's enough to do 5/6 renderings and a little code in renpy for the animated ones and the advantage is that you can add effects.
As Summertime Saga there are only 2 images but with the effects it looks like there are more.

Dec 27, 2019
What lighting did you use? the DS presets (spotlight etc) or you did your own (with planes, spheres etc)?
I used one camera, on which I turned off the headlamp.
I set the Environment Mode to "Dome and Scene".
The Environment Map is set to an outside daytime HDR image.
I also used one Mesh light from

It is the one labeled "DTML LightK"
Normally it loads as a ground plane, so I just raised it above her head, outside the camera's view.
No other lights in the scene.

I rendered the scene with transparency and added the gradient background in post.

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
I used one camera, on which I turned off the headlamp.
I set the Environment Mode to "Dome and Scene".
The Environment Map is set to an outside daytime HDR image.
I also used one Mesh light from

It is the one labeled "DTML LightK"
Normally it loads as a ground plane, so I just raised it above her head, outside the camera's view.
No other lights in the scene.

I rendered the scene with transparency and added the gradient background in post.
Cool... thanks for the info!! I am trying sooooo hard on this lighting thing. I'm waiting for a render to be done (there are a few mistakes in there that i only saw at 94% of the render but i will fix them) so that i can upload it. It took me like 2-3 hours to find the lighting in this image and i am still not 100% pleased with myself! hahahaha (still at 95% :s)

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru
Dec 27, 2019
Cool... thanks for the info!! I am trying sooooo hard on this lighting thing. I'm waiting for a render to be done (there are a few mistakes in there that i only saw at 94% of the render but i will fix them) so that i can upload it. It took me like 2-3 hours to find the lighting in this image and i am still not 100% pleased with myself! hahahaha (still at 95% :s)
Do not give up!! Keep tweaking, trying new things and rendering. It will get easier!

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Mo.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes