3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
It's not that simple, because you DON'T need to throw outrageous amounts of money at hardware JUST so you can render "complex scenes" using Daz.

I worked in IT, Network Operations, and Computer Security for over 40 years. Have been using "home computers" for graphics intensive simulations (state of the art flight simulators that can bring even the most expensive home computers to their knees, etc) since the 1980's, and will give a much easier solution for the types of "graphics processing of complex scenes" than spending thousands of $$$ JUST to upgrade a computer for Daz rendering.

Learn how to render your "complex scenes" one part of the scene at a time, THEN combine those "parts" with something like Photoshop, GIMP, etc. I'm not going to write a "How To..." in this reply...someone can use Internet searches to learn the skills needed to do it.

But there are PLENTY of people here rendering "complex scenes" using 5 year old laptops or desktop computers with less than $1000 GPUs by rendering PARTS of the entire scene separately, then combining them using Photoshop, GIMP, etc.

If you aren't doing Daz graphics rendering professionally, you don't need a megabucks computer setup to do it. Heck, even the professionals WITH the megabucks computers still use Photoshop, etc.

Now, if you are talking GAMING, then YES, you may have to spend the money to get better CPUs and GPUs to keep up with the latest and greatest gaming titles, etc . But even then, it may depend on how much of the "bling" in the game's graphics settings you are willing to turn down at any given time in the game/simulator.

Gaming vs Computer Graphics creation/rendering like using Daz are two completely different sets of requirements. So, if you are wanting to buy/build a computer for BOTH gaming and graphics rendering (like Daz), spend the money/buy the hardware for the GAMING intention you want to achieve. Then run Daz the way you "have to" to get the render quality you want, including using multi-part rendering of scenes (when necessary), then post processing the "parts" together using software like Photoshop, GIMP, etc.
I completely agree with you. Here is a render I did for my game im working on. I did this on my laptop, it has an i7 cpu with a GTX 970 graphics card and 16GB of ram. so nothing too fancy.

So what I did was to render out the hallway first. then I rendered out each character separately and the combined them all in Photoshop. It was quite easy to do and did not take too much time.

hallway1.jpg

Reactions: Falcon6 and GNVE
Aug 30, 2019
I completely agree with you. Here is a render I did for my game im working on. I did this on my laptop, it has an i7 cpu with a GTX 970 graphics card and 16GB of ram. so nothing too fancy.

So what I did was to render out the hallway first. then I rendered out each character separately and the combined them all in Photoshop. It was quite easy to do and did not take too much time.

View attachment 615613
One thing I'd say is to pay attention to your lighting. Take the guy on the left, for example. The light in the hall is coming from his left but it's his right side that has the highlights. Even if the light's reflecting off the wall, it gets scattered so it shouldn't create such a noticeable highlight. The highlight should be on his left (our right). Same for his shadow. There's no way the wall would reflect that much light.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
One thing I'd say is to pay attention to your lighting. Take the guy on the left, for example. The light in the hall is coming from his left but it's his right side that has the highlights. Even if the light's reflecting off the wall, it gets scattered so it shouldn't create such a noticeable highlight. The highlight should be on his left (our right). Same for his shadow. There's no way the wall would reflect that much light.
I agree. It needs work and these were just the first reders i did. I can see a lot of things that could be improved in the scene. but yea, I got to make sure the lighting is accurate when rendering out individual parts and combining them.

Dec 27, 2019
Unfortunately this is the inherit problem of rendering things separately. The bounces of light and shadows created by the objects interacting with each other in the same render will not be there when rendering things individually.

Some VN game are not that photo-realistic and if the story is good - it really does not matter IMO.
If you are going for art that is as close as possible to real life environments - then you need to come up with composition angles that hide some of those missing shadows.

Mo.

Reactions: DoctorPervic
Dec 27, 2019
Hello everyone!

I wonder if anyone knows the name of the one piece teddy used in the second, fourth, and sixth promo picture of this product?

Thank you!
Mo.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Got a bit tired of always seeing the same faces in Daz, so I did some experiments.
Custom char, went a bit crazy with the morphs (yeah she's kinda thicc in comparison to my usual models, played a lot with the lights, and don't ask about the scene, I just went with the flow xD
Lens flare added in post, and yeah the suit texture is shitty :/
heroine_1_p.png
heroine3_2_p.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes