3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
Hi. This is my first comic. I welcome opinions and criticism.
Title : Rylee at the museum.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Pages : 73
Size : 1680*1080
Rylee_01.jpg
Rylee_07.jpg
Rylee_27.jpg
Rylee_42.jpg Rylee_55.jpg Rylee_70.jpg
Download links to full comic

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
anyone know how to stop this its g3 clothes on g8 but it does it on g3 aswell I have used smoothing iterations and it doesn't help and also just distorts zippers and things.

Feb 3, 2020
I read once that the max amount of Ram you ever need when rendering with Daz3d was 16GBs whats more important is the video card. The more powerful the Video card, the faster the render. But I could be wrong. Its a topic I'm always intrested in learning more about.
I think that 16GB came about was due to no consumer grade video card has more than 8GB. From what I read Daz3D first processes the scene in DRAM and then Iray needs the stuff in VRAM, if it fits, otherwise GPU sits idle and it's just CPU+DRAM. Nvidia won't allow Iray to pool memory. You need more DRAM than VRAM because setting up the scene uses uncompressed textures. So there is no point to have more than 2xVRAM in DRAM.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I think that 16GB came about was due to no consumer grade video card has more than 8GB. From what I read Daz3D first processes the scene in DRAM and then Iray needs the stuff in VRAM, if it fits, otherwise GPU sits idle and it's just CPU+DRAM. Nvidia won't allow Iray to pool memory. You need more DRAM than VRAM because setting up the scene uses uncompressed textures. So there is no point to have more than 2xVRAM in DRAM.
So you are saying that if you had a computer with a super powerful CPU and a good amount of DRAM that would be all that you need. No need to have a super powerful Graphics card. because Daz3D would render everything only using the CPU?

Jun 29, 2018
So you are saying that if you had a computer with a super powerful CPU and a good amount of DRAM that would be all that you need. No need to have a super powerful Graphics card. because Daz3D would render everything only using the CPU?
no, that is not exactly how it works
the video card for IRAY (so it HAS to be nvidia) will increase the speed the image will be rendered. For the video card to be uused, it has to have at least the same amount of memory required to hold all resources.

so lets say your video card has 8 GB and your pc has 16GB RAM. All the maps and geometry of your scene uses 8.5GB of memory
on this case, the video card will not be used because it does not have enough memory. only the ram will be used.
I think that for RTX cards is also different

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.19 IRAY rend stat : Geometry memory consumption: 47.5837 MiB (device 0), 0 B (host)

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.19 IRAY rend stat : Texture memory consumption: 738.486 MiB for 105 bitmaps (device 0)

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.19 IRAY rend stat : Lights memory consumption: 44.582 KiB (device 0)

so if the part in bold is more than Vram you have, it will ignore the video card

Reactions: DoctorPervic

Feb 3, 2020
You don't "need" GPU in that CPU alone can produce a render of identical quality as GPU. HOWEVER, GPU, i.e. Iray/Nvidia renders much faster than CPU which is why we "want" to render in Iray/GPU. Keep in mind that there are no consumer grade CPU farms. We only have single CPU machines and the most powerful consumer CPU today probably cannot render Daz faster than a GTX970 from 5 years ago. The caveat is that you can have 64GB of DRAM cheaply with CPU rendering. If you want a scene with 50 G8 characters instead of the one G8 that 4GB GTX970 will fit, Nvidia charges 20x more for professional cards with more VRAM that have similar processing power as consumer cards. Some professional render farms use server grade CPU only as it is more flexible of tools they can deployed and they are not locked into proprietary GPU technologies to be gauged later.

For Daz, GPU rendering is just Nvidia as Iray is Nvidia's technology so buying AMD graphics card is useless as far as Daz3D is concerned because you will be rendering in CPU. Again, the quality of the render is the same regardless of CPU or Nvidia Iray.

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
You don't "need" GPU in that CPU alone can produce a render of identical quality as GPU. HOWEVER, GPU, i.e. Iray/Nvidia renders much faster than CPU which is why we "want" to render in Iray/GPU. Keep in mind that there are no consumer grade CPU farms. We only have single CPU machines and the most powerful consumer CPU today probably cannot render Daz faster than a GTX970 from 5 years ago. The caveat is that you can have 64GB of DRAM cheaply with CPU rendering. If you want a scene with 50 G8 characters instead of the one G8 that 4GB GTX970 will fit, Nvidia charges 20x more for professional cards with more VRAM that have similar processing power as consumer cards. Some professional render farms use server grade CPU only as it is more flexible of tools they can deployed and they are not locked into proprietary GPU technologies to be gauged later.

For Daz, GPU rendering is just Nvidia as Iray is Nvidia's technology so buying AMD graphics card is useless as far as Daz3D is concerned because you will be rendering in CPU. Again, the quality of the render is the same regardless of CPU or Nvidia Iray.
So what if you have 2 GPUs with 8GB each? Will you be able to use both the GPUs (so 16GB total memory) or it doesn't matter?

Xqwzts

Oct 8, 2017
Hi!

I have a question about smart content.

I have a problem because I think my content doesn't fit. When I'm using a filter from A-Z then there is nothing that starts with "Z" at the end of the list. When I'm trying to use Z-A then.. poof! There is a content that starts with "Z" but there is nothing that starts from "A" or "F" for example.

Any solutions?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes