3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
So about the light rigs, if I use spot lights like using 3-point lighting.
It may cast shadows from the character as well as the enviornment which may not seem realitic real life lighting.
How to solve that problem?
I am currently watching like a 1000 tutorials on lighting... It is very difficult actually if you are not a professional photographer or something like that. You need to know a lot of theory. Then, you have to do a loooot of experiments. The thing is that the eye is very different than a program.

The video link that was uploaded was from Thundorn Games. The guy is very good at explaining a lot of stuff there. You can learn a lot. Watch all of his tutorials, especially on lighting.

Enviroment light (dome or Sun/Sky) is very overpowering. If that what you meant by "enviroment" anyways.. When you have these turned on, most propably the other lights you might use will be very uneffective actually. But you can create something that suits you.

The problem begins when you turn enviroment light off, so you have only the lights from your scene. There, you have to find ways (either with the light presets of DS, like spotlights, pointlights etc) or with primitives, that you light them up (emission = not black) to create the lighting in your scene. With the primitives you can actually create some cool effects, keep them close to the prop or character, so that they won't affect the rest of the scene with more shadows like you said. In order to not render them as light sources you have to reduce their opacity (if i remember correctly) to a very low value of 0.0001. So they will create the light, but won't be seen in the render.

If you watch the tutorial of Thundorn you will learn much about that. He always uses primitives instead of spotlight etc. You have to experiment, be creative, and if you can find some real life pictures online to see what you want to work with and how a photographer has set up his lights..

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Made some Easter renders. A little late because the lighting of the HDRI made everyone look kinda green so I had to adjust them all. Do like how the image below turned out however. Gythe's expression shows a quiet excitement and anticipation for what is to come.
Easter 2020 3 UHD.png

Easter 2020 1 UHD.png Easter 2020 2 UHD.png Easter 2020 4 UHD.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes