3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xqwzts

Oct 8, 2017
Hi there.

I have some issue with DAZ. I reinstalled DAZ but I'm not able to restore my content and assets. I mean I have them on my drive but there is nothing in smartcontent (ther are all files in Content Library)

Anyone knows how to restore it?

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi there.

I have some issue with DAZ. I reinstalled DAZ but I'm not able to restore my content and assets. I mean I have them on my drive but there is nothing in smartcontent (ther are all files in Content Library)

I mean it's not even that hard to navigate Content Library. All my assests are from free sites and I primarily use CL.

Feb 5, 2020
Hi there.

Hi there.

I think you have to DL everything again Or go to Documents and look for the Daz3d folder. The Contents folder should be somewhere there unless the original installation put it somewhere else. The problem you now have is that your new installation is not pointing Studio to your old Contents folder. If you do find your old folder you could point to it in Preferences. I think this may work.

Xqwzts

Oct 8, 2017
I think you have to DL everything again Or go to Documents and look for the Daz3d folder. The Contents folder should be somewhere there unless the original installation put it somewhere else. The problem you now have is that your new installation is not pointing Studio to your old Contents folder. If you do find your old folder you could point to it in Preferences. I think this may work.
The thing is that all folders all still in the same place and still DAZ is not able to restore them in that way so I can use them in Smart content.

And second thing. DAZ crashes my windows during render. And then it keeps crashing my windows even when I tried to render scens that were already rendered in the past. Thats why I decided to reinstall whole DAZ. But still even if I'm trying to render this scene it just keeps crashing my windows. Anyone knows why?

Feb 5, 2020
The thing is that all folders all still in the same place and still DAZ is not able to restore them in that way so I can use them in Smart content.

And second thing. DAZ crashes my windows during render. And then it keeps crashing my windows even when I tried to render scens that were already rendered in the past. Thats why I decided to reinstall whole DAZ. But still even if I'm trying to render this scene it just keeps crashing my windows. Anyone knows why?
When you reinstalled Daz the new app is not pointing at your Contents folder...etc. On reinstallation it created new routes. I believe that is your main problem.
As an example when I reinstalled Daz I had similar problems so I let it create new routes and folders then copied my assets there from the original folders. It took some time but it worked for me.

Xqwzts

Oct 8, 2017
When you reinstalled Daz the new app is not pointing at your Contents folder...etc. On reinstallation it created new routes. I believe that is your main problem.
As an example when I reinstalled Daz I had similar problems so I let it create new routes and folders then copied my assets there from the original folders. It took some time but it worked for me.
Ok I managed to bring back my content.
But I stil have an issue during this proces"
Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.8 IRAY rend stat : Material measurement memory consumption: 0 B (GPU)

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.8 IRAY rend stat : PTX code (135 KiB) for SM 7.5 generated in 0.769s

Iray [VERBOSE] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.8 IRAY rend stat : Materials memory consumption: 2.05484 MiB (GPU)

My PC litrally freezes and sometimes even crashes. I'm aware that scene is pretty huge but I managed to render it earlier without a problem. Do you have any idea what is the reason?

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I mean it's not even that hard to navigate Content Library. All my assests are from free sites and I primarily use CL.
TBH navigation in Daz is not a pleasant experience. I deal with it. There are several things I could think of to improve it.

I'm having the same issue. Don't have that much advice unfortunatly. For me it seems to be a character that is acting up.

Feb 5, 2020
Xqwzts Daz uses GPU for calculating to do render calculations. Check that your render quality is 1,2 or 3. At 4 and up it's using the CPU. It might be either that is making the system crash. You'll have to test it. Once you click Render, a series of commands happen, and it's best to not do anything on the device until both render window and progress window are operating, i.e. you can see movement. The initial op is very resource heavy which makes some systems crash. My other guess is that your Graphics card needs to be re initialised for DAZ Studio from the app itself.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I put everything in my content folder (actually install it manually even if it has DIM installer) because if it is in the Smart Content you cannot cross-reach the content for the different generations. I mean you can easily autofit even V4 clothes on G8F but if they are in the Smart Content you simply will not see them. At least I think so - never wasted time to check it.

Reactions: ArturiousDesign
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes