3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Feb 5, 2020
render settings / filtering

1° nominal luminance reduces grain and especially white dots
mini 10 if the image darkens increases the value. I went to 200 for a picture

2° post denoiser available and enabled to on

3° post denoiser start iteration minimum 10 the maximum for an image was 400

start with the denoiser if at the end of your rendering you still have some grain when your setting is at 10 mimnimum use nominal luminance, I am at 20 in general
Your advice improved my renders 300%. But my images look too 2D still.Any advice on getting more depth? Thanks.

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
That was exactly the point. I am trying to take stock assets and re-purpose them so that they look like something "new" except to anyone that is looking really closely. I just saw this environment used in Summer Scent and aside from moving the table into the middle of the room to get better camera angles, it was completely as sold. I am trying to avoid that and create a more unique experience.

To be honest, I did a bit more than just moving a table. I changed all the lights input, changed the roof, and reworked almost every shaders. So, it's not as stock as you think :p

Reactions: GNVE

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
To be honest, I did a bit more than just moving a table. I changed all the lights input, changed the roof, and reworked almost every shaders. So, it's not as stock as you think :p
Hey, no offense intended here. I will have to go back and look at that more closely. Unfortunately, those stupid wall hangings are so distinctive that they kind of drown out anything going on in the scene for me. I knew that once i wanted to use that in a scene though, I would likely have to move the furniture. I can see the logic in what you did and why and it makes sense (especially avoiding having to create outside scenery). Great work on the game ... it's a ton of fun ... and a ton of work figuring out each of the paths.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019

The Naughty Captain

Game Developer
Aug 21, 2019
Hey, no offense intended here. I will have to go back and look at that more closely. Unfortunately, those stupid wall hangings are so distinctive that they kind of drown out anything going on in the scene for me. I knew that once i wanted to use that in a scene though, I would likely have to move the furniture. I can see the logic in what you did and why and it makes sense (especially avoiding having to create outside scenery). Great work on the game ... it's a ton of fun ... and a ton of work figuring out each of the paths.
None taken, don't worry :p

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes