3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
Plain Jane2.png

My first ever Render...
I know it's not amazing and doe with a basic backdrop, It was a mum character Idea from a story I was writing. I tried to bring her to life and put a face to the name. Done on a low end asus rog laptop with a crappy little 2gb 970m graphics card. When I eventually buy a decent rig and invest in a lot more assets like skin shaders, aging morphs, and fleshy breasts and glute morphs I hope to create what I believe to be a real MILF warts and all :sneaky:

Character assets listed under image, Also used gen 8 body morph sliders. Feed back welcome.

Last edited:

zjalaran

Dec 31, 2017
Anyone know any pose sets of people eating, both standing and sitting? Food stuffs like Chicken, Burgers, Hotdogs, etc.
Would any of these help?

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
Can anyone give me any tips with lightning? I feel like these are coming out really dark I'm using two spotlights, are there pre set lighting settings I can download or render settings I need to adjust?

test02.png

exter

May 29, 2017
Can anyone give me any tips with lightning? I feel like these are coming out really dark I'm using two spotlights, are there pre set lighting settings I can download or render settings I need to adjust?

View attachment 640599
I'm a beginner myself, but maybe you want to try out ghost lights/emissive surfaces. This helped me personaly

Reactions: Morgan42

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020

View attachment 640599
You don't need pre set lights and the render settings are too difficult for a beginer to mess with. You can eiter use the emmisive surfaces exter mentioned or you can use spotlights as well.. Go see tutorials. Thundorn (the one that exter mentioned) is very good at emmisive surfaces, and WP Guru is very good at spotlights and more.

The thing you must remember is that you have to have lighting all around your character most of the times (to create the 3D effect in the 2D image) and these lightings are not suppose to be of the same strength (e.g. stronger in the front and left, softer in front and right and somewhere in between on her back and right. This is just an example.. you have to experiment until you get what you need.

For now, keep your Dome light off in the render settings (scene only), because it will be hard for you to create the effect you want with the dome lights on.

Look at real photos to see the angles of the shadows and try to mimic those with spotlights or whatever.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes