3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

LBW

Jan 13, 2018
The question was:

So did he made those morphs himself ? I highly doubt, especially seeing that rest of assets is taken from bundles shared here.
Strawberries are from assets: "Breakfast In Bed".
Kitchen looks familiar but I can't recall where I seen it.
Can't recognize model thought (even base).
Personally I have o dozen of morphing add-ons and I start with a basic genesis model, then I tweak it like hell, morphs, skin, etc. If you would ask me "what model is that" I wouldn't be able to tell you, because it's not one slider to rule them all.

Yustu

May 22, 2018
He means, like many of us, we start with a base model. Could be Victoria 8 or anything else and then spends hours dialing in what could be hundreds of morphs from different morph packs. Some of my characters have over 100 dialed in morphs.
Personally I have o dozen of morphing add-ons and I start with a basic genesis model, then I tweak it like hell, morphs, skin, etc. If you would ask me "what model is that" I wouldn't be able to tell you, because it's not one slider to rule them all.
And where did he said any of this ? Are You 100% sure that it's not one slider ?
Small piece of info that he "shared" is "custom" ...
Is it so hard to share file with character? Last time I checked we are on sharing site.
I did asked him this question before, he ignored me, other person asked same so he just played dumb and said "custom".

But I understand, it's HIS IP, sorry I should respect that /s

Shuch behaviour is cancer that's eating communities from inside out.

LBW

Jan 13, 2018
And where did he said any of this ? Are You 100% sure that it's not one slider ?
Is it so hard to share file with character? Last time I checked we are on sharing site.
I did asked him this question before, he ignored me, other person asked same so he just played dumb and said "custom".

Even if he would share that duf. file it would be no use to anybody, because you need to have the exact same add-ons on his PC (and we-re talking a lot of them), in order to load the character properly. It will break the character on your pc and load the default genesis one, instead. Plus you'll get a lot of errors. It's not that simple as you think to export a perfectly redistributable model . I personally keep my entire DAZ library on a different HDD, not only the saved characters, so if I need to reinstall windows, I know it will load the character correctly. Otherwise it will break it.
Anyway, why do you care so much using someone else's models? It's his "signature model", in the end. You should try making your own morphs, it's a lot of fun. ;)

Last edited:

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020

We are a sharing community, yes. But what if he's thinking of making something with his creation and doesn't want to share it with everyone, because everyone can make the same thing. We don't have to share everything. I am not gonna give you any files of mine either. I can tell you what I used to do it, but not the specifics exactly.

Everyone has something that they want to keep to themselves. It's perfectly natural and respectable.

Instead of whining, because he didn't give you a ready made meal... learn how to cook. And you say about his behaviour... lmao! anyway.. i'm not wasting any more time on that. just for you to know, if I don't reply to you in the future!

Last edited:

Yustu

May 22, 2018
Even if he would share that duf. file it would be no use to anybody, because you need to have the exact same add-ons on his PC (and we-re talking a lot of them), in order to load the character properly. It will break the character on your pc and load the default genesis one, instead. Plus you'll get a lot of errors. It's not that simple as you think to export a perfectly redistributable model . I personally keep my entire DAZ library on a different HDD, not only the saved characters, so if I need to reinstall windows, I know it will load the character correctly. Otherwise it will break it.
Anyway, why do you care so much using someone else's models? It's his "signature model", in the end. You should try making your own morphs, it's a lot of fun. ;)
Did You used Daz in such situation ? It will error out with information about missing file, yes ? You can re-install missing assets and recreate original work. And yes I had done it in the past and it works as long a You know how to set up paths etc.

Becasue I would like to do animation in the feature, of course I would modify original work or ask for permission. Non profit, free for all scenario. And yes I find this character appealing.

We are a sharing community, yes. But what if his thinking of making something with his creation and doesn't want to share it with everyone, because everyone can make the same thing. We don't have to share everything. I am not gonna give you any files of mine either. I can tell you what I used to do it, but not the specifics exactly.

Everyone has something that they want to keep to themselves. It's perfectly natural and respectable.

Instead of whining, because he didn't give you a ready made meal... learn how to cook. And you say about his behaviour... lmao! anyway.. i'm not wasting any more time on that. just for you to know, if I don't reply to you in the future!
Hm, than why Wildeer Studio did shared his Lara Model, with is root of all his work ? Indeed that was mistake becasue now everyone else is making same animation and no one know who WS is, please...
Sharing this doesn't take away anything from creator. It's how things move forward and advance in every aspect of life, building on top of other things.

Also isn't it double standard ? Will You say same thing to person who did purchased assets and shared it with You for free ? Because now You go into IP territory.

I don't whine, was just pointing out double standard that judging by comments and "downwotes" to my original message, many share here.

It's fine to take assets for free, but it's "artist" property when someone ask "HOW TO".

No one wanted to ignore you, it's just that English is not my native language and it's hard for me to give detailed answers in a foreign language.
While I was trying to write these pathetic words the other guys had already written everything for me :ROFLMAO:
No problem man, I know Your time is precious as You were busy browsing "Assets Releases" section.

LBW

Jan 13, 2018
Becasue I would like to do animation in the feature, of course I would modify original work or ask for permission. Non profit, free for all scenario. And yes I find this character appealing.
We're really curious to see some animations you've done so far. Or at least a render. :)

• Haha
Reactions: JiiEf and jfredy78
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes