3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
It's fine to take assets for free, but it's "artist" property when someone ask "HOW TO".
I know it is not directed at me but wanted to chime in with my perspective. Personally I buy everything from Daz (and other stores). I mean I'm not a 3d artist like that so if they don't make the assets I cannot make a game. So I'm grateful for the work they did and want to support that. I share art on this site and my first short game is shared under a CC-BY-NC licence and a relatively short 30ish years before it enters public domain (should anyone care by that time, not holding my breath) and plan to do so with upcoming projects. But at this moment I would not share the base files since they cost a lot of work to make. I don't think that detracts from the community.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
This whole argument is starting to take away from the point of the thread, as a place for people to showcase what they have worked on.

But a creator is not under any obligation to just give away material they have worked on, even if someone asks nicely. And its as simple as that. If you ask and they say yes, great. If they say no, they don't have to justify their reasons. And complaining about them saying no just feels like someone is throwing a temper tantrum.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I know it is not directed at me but wanted to chime in with my perspective. Personally I buy everything from Daz (and other stores). I mean I'm not a 3d artist like that so if they don't make the assets I cannot make a game. So I'm grateful for the work they did and want to support that. I share art on this site and my first short game is shared under a CC-BY-NC licence and a relatively short 30ish years before it enters public domain (should anyone care by that time, not holding my breath) and plan to do so with upcoming projects. But at this moment I would not share the base files since they cost a lot of work to make. I don't think that detracts from the community.
This whole argument is starting to take away from the point of the thread, as a place for people to showcase what they have worked on.

But a creator is not under any obligation to just give away material they have worked on, even if someone asks nicely. And its as simple as that. If you ask and they say yes, great. If they say no, they don't have to justify their reasons. And complaining about them saying no just feels like someone is throwing a temper tantrum.
I agree with both of you!!!

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Featuring: The Latex Rocker Babes! An All-Female, BDSM-themed, Heavy-Metal Band.
In the vein of Slipknot, Kiss, Gwar

Mistress: Lead Guitar, Lead Vocals; Dominating
Bad Girl: Bass, Back-up Vocals; Mean
Princess: Drums, Harmony; Brat

LRB - Group.jpg LRB - Mistress Solo.jpg LRB - Bad Girl Solo.jpg LRB - Princess Solo.jpg

Princess wears sneakers kuz it's impossible to Double Bass in 6in High Heels.

Their Hair is part of their masks. No one knows what the band looks like out of Costume.

TheAnalSissy

Mar 23, 2019
Playing along with zoom.
Always liked that on renders you can zoom into and still get much more details than in a videogame, as long as you have the textures for it.... Anyway, really liked the detail in the metal pieces.

Render b3 - 4k pnc 100%.jpg

TheAnalSissy

Mar 23, 2019
And here playing with a depth of field tutorial:

Witouth:

Render 4f - No Depth of Field.png

With it:

Render 4c - After Portrait Tut.png

And one in 4k only with the characther:

Render 4k - No Scenery, yes Dome, yes Depth of Field, 4k.png

Next step is to learn how to add assets to DAZ...

Reactions: Krull

Yustu

May 22, 2018

I never stated that he is obligated to do so and I shared my opinion regrading such behaviour.
As stated before lets hope that people who share assets here don't have same opinion as You because otherwise lexx228 won't be able to create his "signature model".

This is an inappropriate comparison, Wildeer Studio did not invent this character itself...And, Yes, I also want to get assets of some models, but their authors are not in a hurry to share :ROFLMAO:
He also shared other assets as well. Also didn't he invented his character? Is it used in already made work? Did You created model mesh, rig, textures Yourself? No You did not "invented" this model You kitbashed it, there is a difference,
Also I thought You don't speak english?

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
View attachment 653707

Worst hair i had to fix..... I think it even messed up my shadows on the glasses a bit. I really dont understand DAZ sometimes...
View attachment 653709
Adjust forehead depth on the hair if it has the option.. it's usually depth sometimes forehead width. It's the base of the hair poking through the skin or something like that.

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
You kitbashed it
You are right, but Daz 3D is initially positioned as a kitbash and not an editor :unsure: I kitbashed a character from my mind, someone - from Tomb Raider, there is a difference...
What program do you use for animation?(for example, in a Blender this model will look like a blind piece of cheap plastic)

• Haha
Reactions: jfredy78

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Mescalino which hair asset is it, I always thought Goldtassel's Colony Hair was the worst hair asset ever.

OOT has the best hair quality imo
Good call, that is the one. I use OOT hair a lot cause if it works it works really well. Also he/she/yhey have a lot of different styles that give a more uniqueness to a scene.

The black lines/spots are a common thing in Daz. Nothing a good old healing brush can't fix. There are some ways to fix this for your render but I think most of the people still go with photoshop about that..
I used the healing brush, yes.

Adjust forehead depth on the hair if it has the option.. it's usually depth sometimes forehead width. It's the base of the hair poking through the skin or something like that.
Hmm i may give this a try next time. I tried resizing the scalp but not many hairs have that option.

Reactions: goutch and pim0
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes