3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

LBW

Jan 13, 2018
I need a critique on this render. Its low iteration one but Before I go any further with creating renders for my game I need to know what others think.

:
For me, this house is very large with lots of room and intricate design but it fails to match the look of a city house scene but then again I could place it outside city to make it believable but then the props inside are so old and bad looking that I am not sure if I should go for it. Other than that, there is a massive amount of empty ground that needs to be filled manually by placing grass props and the prob is even if I filled it I don't think my graphic card will be able to open this scene after a save.
But still after spending so much time with it re-shading this for Iray use and placing all those lights I feel like its kinda sad not to use it. I have thought about creating another game later where I could use this house but that's like thinking too far ahead.

I can work with it but render quality may have inconsistency in some cases but lots of options with lots of content(Grand bathroom, Bar, Media room Lots of bedrooms, Looks Decent more spacious garage).

:
If I don't use Dream home then this is what I have. There is plenty of room and it fits really well with the city scenario but it is not as grand as a dream home (only 2 bathrooms and they are very small, No media room, in fact, I am having a hard time finding TV. No bar but decent kitchen. Bigger pool. Looks great).

This is more consistent. Everything is already there and ready to render but fewer options.

View attachment 662927 View attachment 662952

and that's how big dream home is.
Since you've asked for some tips, there you go:
I would have used a HDRI map instead of sun-sky dome, perhaps one with a blueish tone, but that's just me. Then I would use more lights so I can give a bit of depth to the image.
Take a look here: https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/page-1135#post-3081453 or here https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/page-1125#post-3059591
Also, you should add blur on either the car or the lateral walls, not on both. Blur creates some sense of movement, indeed, but remember your stationary point of view is the camera.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
You have some great renders here. Maybe share some small tips with renders so we(I) could learn next time you render! (y)
I confess it makes the best renderings of this thread, it beats even the older ones that make games now. They are always done with accuracy, and there is always the necessary light, no more and no less. Well done LBW.

That blue sky looks great. I am having hard time finding hdri's that are only skies. Source other then hdrihaven?
Orestes my friend:

Last edited:

LBW

Jan 13, 2018
That blue sky like great. I am having hard time finding hdri's that are only skies. Source other then hdrihaven?

There are also some assets from DAZ, that are shared on this website.

They all have ground, but you will mask that with buildings and so.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes