• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
#1, simplify scenes. Don't use more stuff than you need. It's why I composite so many shots. The backgrounds are largely irrelevant. Reflectivity, translucence? These are going to take time for Iray to calculate, so throw it out if it's not important.

#2, use oversampling and anti-aliasing. Render above your target resolution, then scale down. Image resolution is about getting synthetic light through an aperture at a sufficient sample size in order to resolve an image. The biggest part of the sample will be between -1 and +1 standard deviation from the mean, and that's the best part for your engine. The tail ends (90-100% convergence, for instance)? That's a lot more time and less efficient on the engine.
By oversampling and downscaling, you're actually doing the same work but more efficiently. The NVidia guys figured that out (I don't have all the maths). You're working more of the -/+1 standard deviation range for the image resolution that you actually want, and the downscaling creates more convergence by taking the data around each pixel and mashing them together.
(Before we had software denoising, this is what we did. That was denoising before we had denoising.)

#3 use a software denoiser, like Intel's FOSS denoiser. That uses artificial intelligence to re-interpret noise pixels (grain) and create a whole image from it.

I do all 3 of those to save me some render time. Simple scenes, oversampled, and denoised as needed.
Well sad story - I only can try the #1 and I will do so. For the rest I already do the overscales. rendering in 3200 and downscalng it to about 1200 (since thats the resoluten for my project anyways). In the end it still is my hardware (as I mentioned it before a few days ago. :/) nvidia haha, would be nice. I´m running a toaster with onboard grafics. xD Well, that doesn´t prevent me from trying and learning or even scripting. Time will come when I have my hardware in order. But yes, as you said, #1 seems very importand. I thought it only renders what is shown in the pirctureframe while rendering, but it seems it takes a lot longer with stuff behind the scenes that are not even on the render. (have a whole apartment there.) *sights* allright have to cut that down then. Does it do the trick if I blend it out (klick on the eyeicon to hide probs ect.) or do I have to remove everything thats not needed? because removing everything and adding it again and again when needed, would be a pain in the Butt.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Mad the conversation about height and scaling as I was rendering this....
Welcome to F95,
At least it gives you some ideas for rendering ^^
PS: Oh yeah, asset "Growing up" use scale to xD It's true that your rendering gives ideas.

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Absolutely. The one about rendering in higher res, then ending the render earlier, and downsampling using something like Photoshop is a great idea for saving rendering time.... As the last 10% can sometimes be as long as the last 40%, and only offers marginal quality increases. Something easily achieved by downsampling instead. Stroke of Genius.

Also considering rendering the Background seperately, and then the characters, and then combining them in Photoshop to give a Bokeh effect. By blurring just the background.
Yeah that is something I thought about too. besides I want to just show characters with transparent backgrounds in normal conversations, I wouldn´t even have to combine them in PS that often. Its a good Idea for the renders where the characters cuddle (huehuehue cuddleing yes...not what you think :p) tho. I´ll try if the combine thing works better for me. at least I wouldnt have to render the backgrounds every time. thanks for the idea. :D

Reactions: oliseo

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Absolutely. The one about rendering in higher res, then ending the render earlier, and downsampling using something like Photoshop is a great idea for saving rendering time.... As the last 10% can sometimes be as long as the last 40%, and only offers marginal quality increases. Something easily achieved by downsampling instead. Stroke of Genius.

Also considering rendering the Background seperately, and then the characters, and then combining them in Photoshop to give a Bokeh effect. By blurring just the background.
Yeah, there are a lot of ways to make renderings but I'm not going to say anything because the fact that I already talked about scaling + a dick that doesn't get hard + the name of an image resulted in a sterile discussion, it's enough for me for tonight even if it amuses me.

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Spot render the hand and overlap it in original. That will fix it and save time
That is a very good idea to save time when the scene keeps beeing the same, but emotions like eye blinking or smileing changes. so I only have to spotrender the face. never thought of that. thank you. :D

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Well sad story - I only can try the #1 and I will do so. For the rest I already do the overscales. rendering in 3200 and downscalng it to about 1200 (since thats the resoluten for my project anyways). In the end it still is my hardware (as I mentioned it before a few days ago. :/) nvidia haha, would be nice. I´m running a toaster with onboard grafics. xD Well, that doesn´t prevent me from trying and learning or even scripting. Time will come when I have my hardware in order. But yes, as you said, #1 seems very importand. I thought it only renders what is shown in the pirctureframe while rendering, but it seems it takes a lot longer with stuff behind the scenes that are not even on the render. (have a whole apartment there.) *sights* allright have to cut that down then. Does it do the trick if I blend it out (klick on the eyeicon to hide probs ect.) or do I have to remove everything thats not needed? because removing everything and adding it again and again when needed, would be a pain in the Butt.
Iray simulates EVERYTHING. Mirrors in side rooms with shiny reflective walls? That's killing the engine for stuff you'll never see, but Iray simulates it for the few light photons that escape the room and enter the view of the camera.

Cutting things out of the scene is always important.

Another useful tool are Iray Section Plane nodes. This is how I cut off parts of a car to do interior shots.
Create -> New Iray Section Plane Node

Anything "above" the face of the plane is IGNORED by the Iray engine, and is not factored into the simulation. If you can't imagine how to cut out an object, then use Section Planes to narrow down the scene for the simulation.

You may get weird effects, like when you chop off the roof of a house with a Section Plane, youll find that the HDRI sunlight is coming into the top of the room. However, it does simplify the simulation quite a bit if you're not good at keeping your scenes very simple.

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Iray simulates EVERYTHING. Mirrors in side rooms with shiny reflective walls? That's killing the engine for stuff you'll never see, but Iray simulates it for the few light photons that escape the room and enter the view of the camera.

Cutting things out of the scene is always important.

Another useful tool are Iray Section Plane nodes. This is how I cut off parts of a car to do interior shots.
Create -> New Iray Section Plane Node

Anything "above" the face of the plane is IGNORED by the Iray engine, and is not factored into the simulation. If you can't imagine how to cut out an object, then use Section Planes to narrow down the scene for the simulation.

You may get weird effects, like when you chop off the roof of a house with a Section Plane, youll find that the HDRI sunlight is coming into the top of the room. However, it does simplify the simulation quite a bit if you're not good at keeping your scenes very simple.

Thanks for the tips. :) I´ll try that out and see. with the new infos I got (and inspirations) from you and other posts here, I think I can figure something out to keep it simple. I didn´t think of the fact, that Iray simulates everything - so I will adjust to it. Stilll learning and learning. :D thanks for the help guys.

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
I don't think Intel denoiser will work on AMD cpu. If so I can't utilize it.

Have the same problem. thats why I use denoise from daz and the denoise from blender after the render from daz is finished. but it does not much for me, and even less on dark images with shadows. well, my toaster computer sucks anyways. not that it matters. lol

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
I tried the intel denoiser on the scene I'm working on and gotta say it's pretty powerful stuff, this is no post-work straight from daz and not scaled down yet. Stopped the render around 12k iterations in.
Yeah, it's super powerful, brilliant stuff.
This is the good kind of artificial intelligence. It's creating information out of noise... just amazing.

The one caveat/downside: It can remove character details. If you have a lot of tiny flaws on a skin, it can sometimes take that and interpret those specks as "noise" pixels.

However, I'll gladly trade time for the loss of minor details. The time savings can be amazing, and for anyone who is doing image production/dev work? That is gold right there.
And I still get lines on the faces of my older characters, for instance. The images still look good to me.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
I downloaded it a little back but there is no exe so I assumed it requires some command stuff?
Yea but someone on daz forum explained how to make a registry entry so you can just right click on a file and click denoise, I've done that. I already use cmd for converting to .webp have to simplify that too ><

Yeah, it's super powerful, brilliant stuff.
This is the good kind of artificial intelligence. It's creating information out of noise... just amazing.

The one caveat/downside: It can remove character details. If you have a lot of tiny flaws on a skin, it can sometimes take that and interpret those specks as "noise" pixels.

However, I'll gladly trade time for the loss of minor details. The time savings can be amazing, and for anyone who is doing image production/dev work? That is gold right there.
And I still get lines on the faces of my older characters, for instance. The images still look good to me.
Well I won't use it for sex scenes, but for the story scenes like this one it's just so useful since it's not about the characters but mostly about what they are doing in the scene so details kinda lose relevance.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018

Except that discussing on this site is sometimes difficult, between the stupid "memes", those who join the discussion to tell poop, it makes people less willing to help or give an opinion about their work. So go your own way, but someplace other than here will be my only trick for you.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I was just going through my old stuff.... I only just recently found out you can create a character, and then you can export that character to use in a different scene. Prior to this, I was just creating sims and then starting all over again. It was a revelation. So I'm off to do just that with a few of the characters I created... But before I do, I will show you what I mean about how I struggled at first with scaling.... And a couple of characters (and variations of) that I'm off to export...

View attachment 681466 View attachment 681467
This is when I first discovered the Light Dome!!! Had no idea how to use at the time, but this was a revelation as well!!
View attachment 681468

I'd totally forgot I had created this character. My problem is I have about 8 variations of this!! ha ha ha... Ugh...
Need to go and sort them out.
View attachment 681469
Another trick for you, since you're interested in little girls, avoid going too far, it's not allowed on this site, just in case...

Reactions: Dumitas

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Well, it's still used by creators.
So apparently it has no effect on Aurore.
And yeah, I have final word xD. Anyway, this site.
View attachment 681313

And the dsf FBMHeight has the same property as the scale in the end, it doesn't have only the height that changes but all the proportions so it's the same to the same... There's a lot of duplicates in daz...

I give up, there's no point in arguing about it on this site. But making people look like schmuck, that goes alone.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:LOL, the sheltering in place must have you stir crazy, you spent way too much time to do what, I certainly don't know. But YOU definitely got in the last word. (<- see what I did there). At least we can laugh about it in the end.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
There is no too far, best not going at all, his intentions are there, and that's enough to no be shared here, better keeps those renders to himself
The kid in the chair made me say that, then he does what he wants (I don't care what's going on here anymore), at least I warned them.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:LOL, the sheltering in place must have you stir crazy, you spent way too much time to do what, I certainly don't know. But YOU definitely got in the last word. (<- see what I did there). At least we can laugh about it in the end.
Ja ja ja.
That's the point, better laugh than cry.

Reactions: Dumitas
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes