3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Myrn I am very thankful for your patronage. I will speed the work on 4k set asap. I am very new to Patreon so Idk how to operate it well. Feel free to suggest. Imma work right away.
You welcome. :) I hope some more people will join. We can´t let your Adobe Lightroom run out. :p I like our art, keep it up. :)

Allright back to storywriting. *crawls back into the shadows*

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
For the intel denoiser I used this I found on daz forum:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

just change the route to where your denoiser is and file format you use if you use different than png, copy it into a text file, save as .reg file and double click and make registry entry and then you have this option
View attachment 682498
when you right click a file and you can use it on multiple files at once if you have them selected.
Didn´t work for me, it just said I don´t have an app installed or set for this to work. its easier to use what
Tristan Q Everett or I postet in the last comments. Its basicaly the same, just drag and drop and no messing around with regedit.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Didn´t work for me, it just said I don´t have an app installed or set for this to work. its easier to use what
Tristan Q Everett or I postet in the last comments. Its basicaly the same, just drag and drop and no messing around with regedit.
actually had the same problem first time I tried so I deleted the registry entry, moved the folder to make the path as simple as possible and I realized I didn't have the double \ in the path cause I just copied it and it has to be there twice. Once I fixed it it works fine

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
actually had the same problem first time I tried so I deleted the registry entry, moved the folder to make the path as simple as possible and I realized I didn't have the double \ in the path cause I just copied it and it has to be there twice. Once I fixed it it works fine
Tryed that too, still not working. Maybe I´m just to stupid for it I don´t know. I have the option on rightclick to denoise, but it always shows an error. (would screen the error, butt that wouldn´t help since its in german^^). so yeah, drag and drop is easier. still good that there are more ways to do it tho. if one thing doesn´t work, the other thing will.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Tryed that too, still not working. Maybe I´m just to stupid for it I don´t know. I have the option on rightclick to denoise, but it always shows an error. (would screen the error, butt that wouldn´t help since its in german^^). so yeah, drag and drop is easier. still good that there are more ways to do it tho. if one thing doesn´t work, the other thing will.
Did you delete the initial registry entry?

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Did you delete the initial registry entry?
Yes I did. My toaster computer is just weird thats all. besides I run an onboard graficscard, maybe that is an issue for that too. I´m not bothering with that anymore, since the drag and drop works just fine. I´ll keep these 3 options (the 2 drag and drop and yours) in mind tho, if somebody ever needs help again. He can try then and choose for him/herself what he/she wants.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Yes I did. My toaster computer is just weird thats all. besides I run an onboard graficscard, maybe that is an issue for that too. I´m not bothering with that anymore, since the drag and drop works just fine. I´ll keep these 3 options (the 2 drag and drop and yours) in mind tho, if somebody ever needs help again. He can try then and choose for him/herself what he/she wants.
Well if you can do more files at once with drag and drop then it doesn't really matter which option you go with. But if I have 50 pictures in an animation and I had to denoise them one by one I'd lose my shit. :rolleyes:

Unexpected Error

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Donor
Oct 17, 2018
Well if you can do more files at once with drag and drop then it doesn't really matter which option you go with. But if I have 50 pictures in an animation and I had to denoise them one by one I'd lose my shit. :rolleyes:
You can select the 50 Images and drop them on the app. It will denoise every Image. And yes doing every single Image on its own, would be a pain in the butt. haha

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
It is.
You may like it or not.
Well then go ahead and show me how you light up a scene that has four characters, complex environment with many lights and reflections and render it out without grain on a single gtx 1080 rig.

I'll just patiently wait here. :whistle:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Without an albedo and normal pass, denoiser gonna fail, you just gonna wash your skin to win (and any good details) - for a not so great- render time

6ea4e7b0517bcdd0d8f4767f84081f7140ac7f5bd0a61934c191a3c01c3d3440.jpg

Last edited:

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Albedo etc are nice to have, but art is not about fidelity. It's not the only thing.

And production art is not about reproduction of reality. It's about production. Speed, efficiency, repeatability.

Especially if you're going to work it in post, and add effects there. Especially if you're making art for a VN or something other than 100% glorious reproduction of reality, who cares about high fidelity reproduction?

To me, turning away from tools because it's not 100% faithful to reality? I think that's a mistake, IMO.

Reactions: Unexpected Error

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Albedo etc are nice to have, but art is not about fidelity. It's not the only thing.

And production art is not about reproduction of reality. It's about production. Speed, efficiency, repeatability.

Especially if you're going to work it in post, and add effects there. Especially if you're making art for a VN or something other than 100% glorious reproduction of reality, who cares about high fidelity reproduction?

To me, turning away from tools because it's not 100% faithful to reality? I think that's a mistake, IMO.
I got you somehow while I disagree.
Its not about being faithful to reality, who cares?
Don't fall for obvious and easy trap, craft your scene carefully
No, denoiser ain't gonna save you (maybe trap you even more, there is plenty of exemples)
that's all i say lol

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes