3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017
Hmm maybe scale it so it's 'fatter' and dial down the opacity a lot. Not perfect but I made the shot below in under 2 minutes. I think it came out decent even if it can still be improved.
Base:
View attachment 682839
Adjusted:
View attachment 682838
That looks pretty good actually. I did dial down the opacity but it didn't even occur to me to scale it to make it fatter. I had other issues going on with that render so I kinda ran with it. Thanks for the suggestion!

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017
I don't think it's worth the resources. Post work is better and can get way better results. My opinion of course :)
You're probably right. I spend too much time trying to get all the details right in DAZ and forget that a lot of things can be done in post. Time to step up my post-work game!

Reactions: koleoptero

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
You're probably right. I spend too much time trying to get all the details right in DAZ and forget that a lot of things can be done in post. Time to step up my post-work game!
Yeah.. i was trying to do everything in Daz... but then i just said.. Nope! smoke, lightnings and other effects, can be done in post most effectively and quicker (well the first time will require some research but then, especially if u create brushes, it all makes sense and you'd be done quicker)

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
Now that i think of it.. work got me very behind in my creations. Don't want to create a game or something.. not me.. i'm bored. But i want to create various scenes and now i think i'm back on track! :D if only i had a better PC to make my life a bit easier lol

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017
Yeah.. i was trying to do everything in Daz... but then i just said.. Nope! smoke, lightnings and other effects, can be done in post most effectively and quicker (well the first time will require some research but then, especially if u create brushes, it all makes sense and you'd be done quicker)
Makes sense. I need to do a lot more learning about what I can do in post. I recently picked up a bunch of the Adobe stuff and it's a bit overwhelming to learn. Shit, learning Daz took years and I think I've only scratched the surface there!

Reactions: koleoptero

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I don't think it's worth the resources. Post work is better and can get way better results. My opinion of course :)
I agree that in post you can get better results… if you know what you're doing. (Not me). As for resources it depends. I don't mind having the PC render a little longer as I do it in dead time (asleep, at work or otherwise occupied). whereas I'd have to do post in time that I could prepare new scenes. It both has pro's and cons and I may opt for either depending on needs, knowledge and time.

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
I agree that in post you can get better results… if you know what you're doing. (Not me). As for resources it depends. I don't mind having the PC render a little longer as I do it in dead time (asleep, at work or otherwise occupied). whereas I'd have to do post in time that I could prepare new scenes. It both has pro's and cons and I may opt for either depending on needs, knowledge and time.
Of course.. didn't want to start an arguement there :) I just quoted your post because i was too bored to go to the original actually lol! but it was for the same topic that's why :) I believe that as long as you can render most of the scene someone wants it's better and it creates better results! especially on dead time as you say. But even so, when you need 1 hour of render time for a smoke let's say, when you can do it in post in 5-10 minutes max, i think it is worth it. This 1 hour can be less time for another render that someone can start.

and yes.. i know what you are saying because i spent too much time on tutorials for post software.. so.. I get you ;)

Reactions: GNVE

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
Makes sense. I need to do a lot more learning about what I can do in post. I recently picked up a bunch of the Adobe stuff and it's a bit overwhelming to learn. Shit, learning Daz took years and I think I've only scratched the surface there!
If you want to learn a few thing to get you started in photoshop (since you said adobe) try to watch some of the tutorials in these YT channels

He also collaborates with adobe. He is very good

He is also very good and explains everything

Reactions: 2C3D

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Of course.. didn't want to start an arguement there :) I just quoted your post because i was too bored to go to the original actually lol! but it was for the same topic that's why :) I believe that as long as you can render most of the scene someone wants it's better and it creates better results! especially on dead time as you say. But even so, when you need 1 hour of render time for a smoke let's say, when you can do it in post in 5-10 minutes max, i think it is worth it. This 1 hour can be less time for another render that someone can start.

and yes.. i know what you are saying because i spent too much time on tutorials for post software.. so.. I get you ;)
Don't worry wasn't taken as such. Just wanted to add my two cents. I think we are saying pretty much the same thing. You have to balance several resources and we will make different balancing decisions depending on what we value more or have less of.

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
I haven't posted an image in a while... so here's VN work (again).

I would have been more productive today, but the Writer did a bunch of re-writes of the script.
(Oh. The Writer is me. So I have only myself to blame.)

This is, as always, a composited/synthetic image. The way I set up the files in Ren'py, it doesn't look like this, but this shows what a screen would look like when Ren'py puts it together.

(I really need to move on from the car. I think I locked down the script, so I just need to execute a few more emotional states.)

car vn test2.jpg

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Damn! You are doing great work.
Thanks!

I actually streamlined my image production process and took out 2 steps from raw render to finished game asset, so I'm glad it holds up. (I wrote down a formal process for this setup in order to make it repeatable across every image in this scene.) Per image, 2 steps is not a big deal, but over multiple images? It's a big savings, and a boost to productivity.

(I have way more training in project management (including video production experience) than I do in actual artwork, LOL.)

Yeah, if the image were perfect out of the render, that would be great, but I think art also happens in post. There's actually a lot of post work in that shot, but the way I've layered the image set in GIMP, it's already been done once & doesn't need to be done again for all future shots.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes