3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Jul 14, 2018
Hello! Just started using DAZ (been thinking about making a game for literally years now)... Right now I'm playing around with light trying to understand how things interact.

This is 5000 iray iterations (around 55 minutes), didn't do much apart from the freckles (ReFreckles), Aleena with Perrin hair.

Lighted by emissive plane in red (and some other light source I can't find :WeSmart:)

Some grains around the eyes that I can't get rid of... How long de I need to render an image for them to go away? I know about rescaling and would like not to use denoisers (read some bad stuff about it, but mostly before I start using tons of extra tools I'd like to understand the basics of getting a good render)

Any tips about dat noise?

My hardware is old by now (i7 4790K with a GTX 970 4GB) but holds up okay

Ty ty for anything you can say!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Having only recently figured out the preview thing from a random comment unrelated to what I was trying to learn -

ctrl + L (or was it Alt+L? Shift+L? One of those + L) will take you from the Environmental lighting (where you can’t see shit sometimes) to the No Lighting So Everything Looks Normal And Is Completely Visible mode

• Red Heart
Reactions: galora

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Having only recently figured out the preview thing from a random comment unrelated to what I was trying to learn -

ctrl + L (or was it Alt+L? Shift+L? One of those + L) will take you from the Environmental lighting (where you can’t see shit sometimes) to the No Lighting So Everything Looks Normal And Is Completely Visible mode
Ctrl + L :) ty ty led me to with shortcuts!

KlodowWW

Mar 18, 2019
Hello! Just started using DAZ (been thinking about making a game for literally years now)... Right now I'm playing around with light trying to understand how things interact.

This is 5000 iray iterations (around 55 minutes), didn't do much apart from the freckles (ReFreckles), Aleena with Perrin hair.

Lighted by emissive plane in red (and some other light source I can't find :WeSmart:)

Some grains around the eyes that I can't get rid of... How long de I need to render an image for them to go away? I know about rescaling and would like not to use denoisers (read some bad stuff about it, but mostly before I start using tons of extra tools I'd like to understand the basics of getting a good render)

I think the light source you can't find is the HDRI !

• Haha

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017

For her eyes, you might consider using another light source. Something like another emissive or a spotlight that's less luminous than your primary but bright enough to catch her eyes. Play around with it until you get the look you're after. The denoiser can be useful too in spite of its mixed reviews. If you set it to kick in deep into your render, like at 5k iterations, it can give decent results - really depends on what YOU find acceptable in a render. Something to experiment with if nothing else.

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019

For shining surfaces sometime working experimenting with architecture sampler, caustic sampler, max path lenght.

And... better have more then one lighting source and some kind of simple environment or studio for light reflection. Maybe those issues from lack of light. Specially lack of reflected light.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Thank you all!

I think the light source you can't find is the HDRI !
Wow I actually checked that and still managed to miss it... Yes of course it's the HDRI

For her eyes, you might consider using another light source. Something like another emissive or a spotlight that's less luminous than your primary but bright enough to catch her eyes. Play around with it until you get the look you're after. The denoiser can be useful too in spite of its mixed reviews. If you set it to kick in deep into your render, like at 5k iterations, it can give decent results - really depends on what YOU find acceptable in a render. Something to experiment with if nothing else.
For shining surfaces sometime working experimenting with architecture sampler, caustic sampler, max path lenght.

And... better have more then one lighting source and some kind of simple environment or studio for light reflection. Maybe those issues from lack of light. Specially lack of reflected light.
Awesome I'll play around with all of that... I'm guessing at some point the amount of extra iterations I need to do to get rid of remaining noise goes up?

I'm also guessing, you mention lack of reflected light, it's not only strong light sources... Because I see plenty of absolutely awesome renders with very little light that don't have that much or no noise at all.

Thanks again!

D

Deleted member 1427961

I feel like her shoulder is a bit too forward, making her shoulder blade (that's how you say it right ?) kind of ankward and too big, I think
It's not out of place, I have a few different back and shoulder definition morphs applied to her so it just pops out more.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
I feel like her shoulder is a bit too forward, making her shoulder blade (that's how you say it right ?) kind of ankward and too big, I think
I get what you're saying but flexible people (dancers for example), especially girls are quite capable of doing this.
Do agree it looks a little weird but I think it's not unreallistic... Don't know for sure though

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes