3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Hey I hope I'm not in the wrong place and didn't find anything in my search for answers.
New to daz created a char and I guess this problem must comes up often.

My main question is about the inside of the dress that looks like the texture is streched and looks awful, anything I can do? I played around with the smoothing settings but as expected (on my part) it does nothing.

Then there are those beautiful black marks on the forehead, I read it's not worth correcting in DAZ but in post... Is there anyway not to do it in GIMP later?

Edit : Oh and any tips for the hand in the hair? looks alright here, but generally how would you have someone brush back their hair?
noradressld.png noradressld2.png

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017
Hey I hope I'm not in the wrong place and didn't find anything in my search for answers.

My main question is about the inside of the dress that looks like the texture is streched and looks awful, anything I can do? I played around with the smoothing settings but as expected (on my part) it does nothing.

Then there are those beautiful black marks on the forehead, I read it's not worth correcting in DAZ but in post... Is there anyway not to do it in GIMP later?

Edit : Oh and any tips for the hand in the hair? looks alright here, but generally how would you have someone brush back their hair?
View attachment 736769 View attachment 736771
[/QUO

I found if you increase the hair head size the black marks will disappear.

Reactions: galora

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Thanks :D As for tips,I don't know without any specifics. Maybe just play around with lighting in scenes without any figures loaded. That's what I do sometimes just to get familiar with lighting or trying new things. Generally the live preview renders much faster without having to render any figures, so you can see the results of lights changes much quicker.

I started learning Daz because of this place. Started with the intent of making a game, but realised quickly it'd be pretty much impossible. I'm way too slow to put out enough renders at a reasonable rate. Also I'm not much of a writer either :cry:
I just have one question. Most of your artwork has like a kind of Fog effect to it, or atmosphere. do you do that in like photoshop? or another software program?

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017

Hair can be a Bitch to pose.
As for the hair if its from OOT select the hair and in your properties tab search for Forehead increase it by say 5% and try again. It is likely gone. As for GIMP, im guessing the equivalent of the healing brush from photoshop.

I prefer doing it in DAZ itself if possible. But the healing brush or clone stamp will work fine as well.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
As for the hair if its from OOT select the hair and in your properties tab search for Forehead increase it by say 5% and try again. It is likely gone. As for GIMP, im guessing the equivalent of the healing brush from photoshop.

I prefer doing it in DAZ itself if possible. But the healing brush or clone stamp will work fine as well.
facts, I stopped increasing the head size, I just do forehead depth.

Jul 14, 2018

I found if you increase the hair head size the black marks will disappear.
Interesting, as I basically do the same thing, but from the other direction - select the hair, adjust the scale by .1-.8, sometimes an entire percentage. Usually fixes it.

• Red Heart

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017

Adding a smoothing modifier can help too. It will help with other clipping issues as well...particularly with longer hair. I do this plus your suggestion on all the OOT hair and it works pretty well.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Interesting, as I basically do the same thing, but from the other direction - select the hair, adjust the scale by .1-.8, sometimes an entire percentage. Usually fixes it.
Alright so that'd be enough, 5% really didn't look good :cry:

Yeah, I'd prefer working on GIMP for stuff that can't be fixed in DAZ

Thanks to you both!

Reactions: Mescalino

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018

Thanks to you both!
Z scale, photoshop after rendered and hair settings :cap, headsize, forehead (settings are never the same at OOT)... there are several possibilities to fix this problem ( just dont touch surfaces cap, adverse reaction sometimes)

Your dress texture is stretched because it exceeds the limits.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017

Thanks to you both!
5% was a guess and it seemed for me to be the magic number sometimes more or less is required you just need to play around with that setting a bit.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Adding a smoothing modifier can help too. It will help with other clipping issues as well...particularly with longer hair. I do this plus your suggestion on all the OOT hair and it works pretty well.
You can also check if you're going to have black lines by using the Smooth Shaded Viewer. It will show you if you have any Poke through.

Screenshot (86).png Screenshot (87).png Screenshot (88).png no hairline fail.jpg

• Red Heart

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
5% was a guess and it seemed for me to be the magic number sometimes more or less is required you just need to play around with that setting a bit.
Hahah sorry didn't actually remember you said 5, I tried it to see if it'd help to do more. But those hair are large enough on my chars small head already...

Thanks for the answer :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes