3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
  • First, I select my Victoria 7 figure.
  • Next, I go into Create > New Geometry Shell. This creates a shell over our Victoria 7 figure.
  • I then select the Geometry Shell and apply the Iray Water shader to it.
  • I go to Parameters > Mesh Offset and set the Offset Distance to 0.001.
v1 Offset Distance to 0.001.
v2 Offset Distance to 0.0005.
Generally for wet skin I go for the top coat, I find it better solution most of the time. I set to 0 all layer that use specular (Dual lobe, glossy, metallic flakes) and tune top coat like this. You may have to tweak TC weight/roughness/TC bump depending on lightening. If your skin have a least a bump or a normal map it's worth a try

topcoat.png

DAZStudio_9kttjfAWIt.png

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
Wow!
You said you stopped at 3%, but still it looks great!!
Whats the resolution and pixels you used to render this one?
It was gonna take a while, I turned the pixel filter to 0.8, I was using a light set that changes settings with one click, luminous, saturation and so on. I'm a complete noob on the lighting so I'm cutting corners if you like lol

Reactions: Mr.foxx

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
Wow that is the most noiseless 3% ive ever seen.
Yeah I was in shock, it's a low end asus rog laptop as well. It was rendering for quite a while...Wondering how much more detail it would have squeezed out if I was able to leave it. Might re-render it tonight and see.

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
Yeah I was in shock, it's a low end asus rog laptop as well. It was rendering for quite a while...Wondering how much more detail it would have squeezed out if I was able to leave it. Might re-render it tonight and see.
Did you render it at 3200x3200 and then scale it down to 1600x1600? It's an old trick that usually works.

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
Did you render it at 3200x3200 and then scale it down to 1600x1600? It's an old trick that usually works.
Showing how much of an amateur I am, It was all one click settings, I didn't even check the pixel ratios, all I changed was pixel radius to 0.8 and render quality to 3.0. I was blown away with the detail so just fired it off. I saved it first so I'll be able to pop on and check all the settings if you wish?

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
How can you do this type of 2d-image-like-renders?

Will be of much help if you tell me.
toonscreenshot1.png toonscreenshot2.png
I use just the Octane plug-in to do this, no postwork or filters or anything. No light set up, no camera set up. Most of it is choosing good assets to do this with. In this case, I use a Genesis figure and a scaled up Poser asset that will serve as my backdrop. You don't need Generation 8 assets to do this - the less complicated the texture and geometry the easier this will be. From there it's just playing with dials. Every texture will behave differently, tweak until it looks good. And save lots along the way. Mess with it enough and eventually you have a cell-shaded look that only takes a few seconds to render that looks hand-drawn.

toon.png

Reactions: Mr.foxx
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes