3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
My first DAZ3d render. It took 11 minutes to render!! No wonder it takes so long to make games with this program.
View attachment 765274
11 minutes is nothing depending on the scenes one can render for hours. That's why a render queue is so valuable. It allows you to render in your downtime (while asleep or at work/school).

Having said that nice render. looks interesting.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
11 minutes is nothing depending on the scenes one can render for hours. That's why a render queue is so valuable. It allows you to render in your downtime (while asleep or at work/school).

RIGHT?!?! I WISH my renders took 11mins. Mine usually take 30mins to 3hrs per render based on complexity!!!

Beach Time Ben.jpg

Jul 14, 2018

RIGHT?!?! I WISH my renders took 11mins. Mine usually take 30mins to 3hrs per render based on complexity!!!

View attachment 765312
I’m rendering for two hours, the default timeout.

I’m debating dropping that to 1 hour and just using the software denoiser.

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
My first DAZ3d render. It took 11 minutes to render!! No wonder it takes so long to make games with this program.
A good friend did professional renderings for a company and told me that some of the scenes he worked on took a few days.
So you can be happy with 11 minutes or even 3 hours ... but I understand ... wait and then it might not look what you want it to be, this can be frustrating. Good reason to have a 2nd PC.

btw:
I once read somewhere that if they had rendered Pixar's "Toy Story" with just one PC, it would have taken over 70 years ... based on the technology at that time, of course. : D

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018

View attachment 765312
Yeah And that is only when I didn't get overly ambitious and the rendering drops to CPU when it can literally take days for it to start looking good. (Have some renders that still look noisy after 48h due to overly ambitious lighting and to many characters in the scene).

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
View attachment 765274
Nice work. You must have a decent rendering rig to do that in 11 minutes. I've only done a few renders on my new box in under 10 minutes, but generally the less detail in the render(figures, props, lighting, distance vs closeup, etc.), the quicker the render.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
How to remove these marks? View attachment 765516
I can think of three methods. The first two need you to take a VERY close look at the diffuse map for the limbs, and see if the blemishes are there.
a) If the spots are there, then photoshop, VERY carefully, to remove them.
b) If they are not in the diffuse texture, then check the bump, specular and normal maps for any hints that they are the ones to blame. In that case, lower bump, specular and normal map values in the surfaces tab, or simply use a different bump, normal, or specular map (or any combination of those), from another character with the same UVs, that is smoother than the ones currently in use.
c) If it's not related to any of the mapping, then it's a geometry and/or lighting glitch. Subdividing the figure one step higher, if the hardware allows it could work, and/or play with any specular light values, angles and distances.
If none of the above works, then... photoshopping the final render may be the only option.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes