3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Character model and pose are quite nice however may I suggest the following as items to be addressed:
- An environment / background of any description will make the image more complete and more aesthetically pleasing.
- There are some skin textures and also skin shaders that will reduce the waxiness of the character.
- With lighting I typically use a main light source from an angle other than the camera and a low level spotlight right behind the camera. Removes the deer in the headlights effect, however still allows some perception of detail in shadow areas from main light.

Good start, keep trying.:cool:
Thank you for the input. In regards to the background and environment, I left that out intentionally so it would force me to work with lighting in Iray. And, also, because I wanted a transparent background for the model.

I will definitely be looking into some skin shaders and textures soon. I do want a more realistic look to my models.

Yeah, lighting this model was the hardest thing I had to do. With all the time I spent morphing the face and body, was about 25% of the time I spent trying to light her. I tried 3 point, and even 4 point, lighting setups to try and get an effect I liked. In the end, no single setup worked, so I had to do 4 different lighting setups/renders and manually blend them in Photoshop to get the model lighted in a way I was happy with without using an HDRI or background. Even with the three point light setup being at angles from the model, I still ended up with the deer in the headlights look. I'll play around with it some more and try to figure it out.

Thanks again for your feedback! Have a great day!

bobby.bobby2

Jul 1, 2017
Ah, well the point was to test something so there diffrence in style betwen renders, but well. Pls look until the end guys if you have patience), if not i warn you, there is hell lot of renders.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

s.
Well, there is hell lot of renders, and quality was not the main point, so sorry about it) There was more but i thought, meh.
Impressive serie of pics ! Awsome ! Great mastering of lights
How did you get cutted head ?
Girl character seems cute, what is the asset ?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Central Park - Autumn
View attachment 123394
View attachment 123395
View attachment 123396
Stunning composition!!

For curiosity, what kind of equipment do you use to be able to render all this and what time it usually takes?
Thanks.

Awesome details!!

What's the secret to get so much detail?
Thanks

Works presented here are amazing, congratulations to all!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Yeah, lighting this model was the hardest thing I had to do. With all the time I spent morphing the face and body, was about 25% of the time I spent trying to light her. I tried 3 point, and even 4 point, lighting setups to try and get an effect I liked. In the end, no single setup worked, so I had to do 4 different lighting setups/renders and manually blend them in Photoshop to get the model lighted in a way I was happy with without using an HDRI or background. Even with the three point light setup being at angles from the model, I still ended up with the deer in the headlights look. I'll play around with it some more and try to figure it out.
I would suggest that you check that auto headlight is turned off in the render settings (shouldn't be active if you have scene lights). You may also wish to get an indoor HDRI such as that linked below. I know that you want to move away from HDRI's however its only the lighting scheme and not a background.

Stunning composition!!

For curiosity, what kind of equipment do you use to be able to render all this and what time it usually takes?
Thanks.
Hardware: CPU - i6700 @ 3.4GHz and 32MB Ram / GPU - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

The environment take a little while to load (~5 mins) however converges in about 5-10 mins. The render convergence is still predominately dependent upon the character models converging due to the relative complexity of the surfaces. Its also highly dependent upon number of light sources, which is an advantage of this scene as it has only a single HDRI for lighting.

The image in the spoiler below is a partial render of the left park image to show speed.

VNON

Sep 25, 2016
3delight here :D
this take 1 hour

and this one, 7 HOURS :D lol, why? ?????

i'm using, uberareallights, on laptop screens :'( and that screen not glowing, :D
failed, maybe because i put that picture that in ambient :D

Reactions: L☹VE

Part

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
Very nice effort for your first set of renders. I can certainly notice the effort you have made in posing the characters.

I have been dabbling part time with 3D rendering for about 3 months and still make plenty of errors. Just learn from them and keep on trying.;)
The good news is that your English is much, much better than my French! :)

2 quick tips...

They'll be fast to render and you won't have to worry about the full scene affecting your lights while you're learning. Iray will render light reflections off (and through) surfaces so you have to worry about things like a light shining on a wall creating an unwanted glow on another surface.
Thanks guys !

I've tried some renders and made a little story to do my homeworks.
I can't imagine only one pic, I prefer to imagine a context.

Here are some of the pics (res 2560*1440, clic to see them in high res) :

And the entire little story is here :

I've morph the caracter based on Camille. I morph to "Katarina Busty" and expand boobs with "Ultimate breast" soft from Sledge Hammer.
I like the face, with very light blue eyes, it's perfect.
I worked on the camera moves.
The eyes are following an imaginary character that is following the scene. Quite interesting.
I didn't think it was possible to stretch boobies but the render is good.

Thanks.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hardware: CPU - i6700 @ 3.4GHz and 32MB Ram / GPU - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

The environment take a little while to load (~5 mins) however converges in about 5-10 mins. The render convergence is still predominately dependent upon the character models converging due to the relative complexity of the surfaces. Its also highly dependent upon number of light sources, which is an advantage of this scene as it has only a single HDRI for lighting.

The image in the spoiler below is a partial render of the left park image to show speed.
Wow, I have 1060 6GB too but with an old i5 and 16GB RAM...

...when I try to render scenes with more than 3 or 4 characters and a stage it can't fit into VGA RAM and then uses CPU render which is infinitely slower; sometimes I have to render scene with first 2 characters and then same scene with the others 2 and merge it carefully with photoshop; or sometime I need to use "Scene optimizer" to reduce texture size for some objects...

...I'm desirous to try new VGA 11xx series, especially the new 1180Ti with more RAM :)

Zairus

May 25, 2017
Impressive serie of pics ! Awsome ! Great mastering of lights
How did you get cutted head ?
Girl character seems cute, what is the asset ?
Thanks! Cutted head just a trick with two same chars and hide bodyparts and for girl asset, thats Faye

bobby.bobby2

Jul 1, 2017
Thanks! Cutted head just a trick with two same chars and hide bodyparts and for girl asset, thats Faye
Thanks for tips ! Faye seems so hugly on Daz promo pic ! You should propose your render to the vendor of this asset ;)

Reactions: Zairus
U

User_6277

Two more renders. Inverted nipples in the first one don't look as I expected and the robe in the second one looks kind of silly.
I'm thinking about looking into skin shaders and lighting. Found some tutorials in the asset releases section and they seem good. Are there any other tutorials/videos that are up to date and helpful?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes