3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Amazing job with the environment! I'm guessing you've used a single distant light source coming in from outside the room. Have you used any other lights/HDRIs for the interior? And I gotta ask you man, how the hell have you managed to make atmosphere/fog look so good?
Thanks Man! :coldsweat: It took a bit of tinkering with the asset I posted . I also used a Hdri, but i set the lighting low on it because i only wanted it for the backdrop effect. Unfortunately, the godray presets didnt achieve what was intended. The fog is created with a prop that has the opacity set really low as well as a texture applied to it and a spotlight attached to the end of it. The shadows across the body is where i found trouble. I thought it wasn't casting them due to the prop, but it was because the light geometry was set to disk, so changing it to point solved my problem.:FuckYea:

Ok, someone seriously needs to write a BASIC introduction to using dForce. It took me forever to discover that the modules had not even been installed when I installed Daz 4.10, and it would have been nice to know that you should check EVERYTHING to make sure only the props and figures involved are visible. Issues aside, here is my third attempt with it. She's going to be moved into the final scene as a subset. I am curious what the dress found to pile up on next to her heel though.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well its not in writing, but my good pal @Archast gave a course on dforce that we recorded for those that may need some info on it. Here is the

Part

Donor
Nov 14, 2016
Ok, someone seriously needs to write a BASIC introduction to using dForce. It took me forever to discover that the modules had not even been installed when I installed Daz 4.10, and it would have been nice to know that you should check EVERYTHING to make sure only the props and figures involved are visible. Issues aside, here is my third attempt with it. She's going to be moved into the final scene as a subset. I am curious what the dress found to pile up on next to her heel though.
Thanks Man! :coldsweat: It took a bit of tinkering with the asset I posted . I also used a Hdri, but i set the lighting low on it because i only wanted it for the backdrop effect. Unfortunately, the godray presets didnt achieve what was intended. The fog is created with a prop that has the opacity set really low as well as a texture applied to it and a spotlight attached to the end of it. The shadows across the body is where i found trouble. I thought it wasn't casting them due to the prop, but it was because the light geometry was set to disk, so changing it to point solved my problem.:FuckYea:

Well its not in writing, but my good pal @Archast gave a course on dforce that we recorded for those that may need some info on it. Here is the
Oh. Need to install something to play with DFroce ? I was trying to play with DForce hair. Wasn't what I expected :p

Thanks for the link.

ravenhawk

Jul 2, 2017
There are 3 methods to reduce the brightness of the image.
1) You can use an image editor to post process the image to reduce brightness.
2) When rendering you can reduce the light intensity or flux.
3) You can reduce the camera aperture time.

In terms of the image composition, the camera angle or model poses could be tweaked to see a little more of the action, or perhaps a clearer picture of their faces. Using multiple figures in a composition always makes this challenging though.

Getting a scene just right is predominately about trail an error. The more familiar you get with Daz the less trails are required to get the final successful image.
To deal with the luminosity go to "Tone Mapping" in "Render Settings", and play with "F/Stop" or "Film ISO" values, it changes luminosity for all scene... if the problem is only that white color is too white then you can try to set "Burn Highlights" to 0
(In "Tone Mapping" there's also other settings that can help you with that).
Thank you both for your responces. For now I just changed the "Burn Highlights" setting, and it looks like it did what I want for now. The camera angle I used earlier was deliberate but on review did not hide the blond enough for my intent. Used my second camera this time, and did a few wardrobe changes as well repositioned his head so he is speaking to the secretary. Unfortunatly I did not realize I had a two hour time limit set on my renders, so my system stopped at roughly 55%. (I'm saving up for a better system).

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
While people do discuss techniques, lighting, post-processing, etc. here, this isn't really the thread for straight up trouble shooting a plugin. I would post a thread in .
Thanks for the headsup, I just thought I'd get the most results on a known thread. But I think I've found the solution on my own.

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Got some clothing on my model finally. Have been working with her hair for the past few days. dForce does not like it. dFormer I got working and could manipulate it, but it bent it horribly wrong. For now I am going to continue on working on other things to just get better at daz overall and come back to working on hair manipulation after I'm better at daz. But anyway, here is my model with some clothing on finally! ;)
image0009.png

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
A silly, crappy render. Just wanted to play around with the Super Hero Suit for Genesis 2 and make my favorite comic book female, Rogue. I love the idea of Rogue going slutty.

The suit doesn't fit all that well on a G8 body and a lot of the morphs don't work right, but it was a quick fun pic. There's never enough Rogue smut in my opinion.

Flying.png

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
A silly, crappy render. Just wanted to play around with the Super Hero Suit for Genesis 2 and make my favorite comic book female, Rogue. I love the idea of Rogue going slutty.

The suit doesn't fit all that well on a G8 body and a lot of the morphs don't work right, but it was a quick fun pic. There's never enough Rogue smut in my opinion.

View attachment 129283
if you end up finding a Rouge suit for gen 3 or 8, let me know because I could use one as well

Reactions: MovieMike
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes