3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
View attachment 926360 View attachment 926361

I always feel like my renders aren't good enough :unsure:
I don't think they look bad. I like the poses and use of depth of field. I think the leaves in the foreground of the first picture are a nice touch as well.
Where you could improve a little is making sure your characters are well lit. (especially in the second picture. I'd say you're being let down a little by the skin textures. I don't think these are gen 8 and the skin feels a little flat. Upgrading the skin textures might make a lot of difference.
Otherwise than that you'd need to improve your postwork to make a larger difference. but as you are a game dev it might not be worth the extra time. (I know it isn't worth it for me).

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
I think that denoisers tend to do this too, flatten the skin, blur and lose details, even with a HD skin.
That's why, i try to avoid it as much as i can.
Nah he's right, i'm pretty sure I posted the original render, I always do a denoised one but mostly for the size it has (act as a quick way to compress from the computer I use to render).
I'm looking at different skins and way to tweak the shaders, was honestly about time I look into it lol

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
The interesting thing about great art. is that it takes a while to create great art, you cant do it very quickly. But when creating a game, you need to be able to render out a quality scene but as quickly as possible, otherwise, it will take you years to create your first epesode.

So don't think that your game is bad because of other's artwork, keep in mind that these pieces of art are single pieces and would never be in the same category as game art. Game art is for a whole experience, and a single art piece is for viewing indiviually. Anyways that is only my opinion. :)
i agree with you about games render Quality ,but if u have a beast pc you can also do the same work with a game cause if you are ok with the renders and you like them then to make the game is more easy :)..

BTW here in Greece we say,,, A picture is worth a thousand words :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes