3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
May I ask what you use for lighting in this image? is it HDRI or a combination of lights? Love your work!

Thanks. I'm using pre-rendered background images for my portraits. My lighting setup changes depending on my background choice. Because I'm trying to match the lights with my background image.

Usually my setup is like;
- HDRI(0.5-1.0 intensity) as an ambient light.
- Spotlight in front of character as a main light.
- Another spotlight as rim light. (depending on background lighting)
- Additional Ghost lights. (depending on background lighting)
- Additional Mesh lights (depending on background lighting)

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
Thanks. I'm using pre-rendered background images for my portraits. My lighting setup changes depending on my background choice. Because I'm trying to match the lights with my background image.

Usually my setup is like;
- HDRI(0.5-1.0 intensity) as an ambient light.
- Spotlight in front of character as a main light.
- Another spotlight as rim light. (depending on background lighting)
- Additional Ghost lights. (depending on background lighting)
- Additional Mesh lights (depending on background lighting)
I know spotlights .

But what are ghost and mesh lights ? :unsure:

And where in daz can i find them

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
Greetings and salutations oh omnipotent entities of f95.
Its me Tiredx here once again to seek thine wisdom and council.
Recently I've managed to acquire a playful pair of twin night elf's who have agreed to model a few scenes for me but, well...
Elf twins.png
As you can see from the image above they seem to be having some issues keeping their hair from tangling with their long ears.
I know there's a way to fix this however the youtube video by Sickleyield is unfortunately outdated due to the massive Daz studio overhaul.
The scenes I've designed these two for are rather...interesting, and I'd love to be able to post the finished product here.
So if anyone could lend me a hand I'd really appreciate it. :cry:

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I know spotlights .

But what are ghost and mesh lights ? :unsure:

And where in daz can i find them
Seach for Iray Ghost Light Kit. You can download it from various websites. If you are looking for a light without reflection on your model or props, this is your light.

Mesh lights are shaped light materials. Actually you can convert anything into the light source. Make sure your object have iray material applied. Then change emission color and increase the luminance value.

Reactions: OutOfAshes

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
Greetings and salutations oh omnipotent entities of f95.
Its me Tiredx here once again to seek thine wisdom and council.
Recently I've managed to acquire a playful pair of twin night elf's who have agreed to model a few scenes for me but, well...
View attachment 942067
As you can see from the image above they seem to be having some issues keeping their hair from tangling with their long ears.
I know there's a way to fix this however the youtube video by Sickleyield is unfortunately outdated due to the massive Daz studio overhaul.
The scenes I've designed these two for are rather...interesting, and I'd love to be able to post the finished product here.
So if anyone could lend me a hand I'd really appreciate it. :cry:
Maybe try first making the ears and then adding the hair i had the same problem with a hat and it works this way .

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
Seach for Iray Ghost Light Kit. You can download it from various websites. If you are looking for a light without reflection on your model or props, this is your light.

Mesh lights are shaped light materials. Actually you can convert anything into the light source. Make sure your object have iray material applied. Then change emission color and increase the luminance value.
You are really helpfull thanks again :)

I will look for this and trying to improve my works with that

Reactions: Mr. Vargas
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes