3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Hello guys/girls. I like some advise on the following:
Screenshot_1.jpg
I was doing some test renders testing out lighting and water etc. I placed victoria and put her on the bottom of the pool and gave her some wet hair.
But when you look at the picture of the render she looks very compressed. I know this happens in water to some degree but is there a way to make it less so?

Thanks.

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Hello guys/girls. I like some advise on the following:
View attachment 137401
I was doing some test renders testing out lighting and water etc. I placed victoria and put her on the bottom of the pool and gave her some wet hair.
But when you look at the picture of the render she looks very compressed. I know this happens in water to some degree but is there a way to make it less so?

Thanks.
Have a look at photography and water physics. Light hitting the water refracts causing the effect you are experiencing/illustrating. IIRC there is some info on this site/thread about compensating " ". I ran across a few more references but cannot find them. The Goog is your friend try daz3d + refraction in water.

Reactions: Mescalino

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Have a look at photography and water physics. Light hitting the water refracts causing the effect you are experiencing/illustrating. IIRC there is some info on this site/thread about compensating " ". I ran across a few more references but cannot find them. The Goog is your friend try daz3d + refraction in water.
Found a few. some are ancient so may no longer apply:

Am guessing that a volume rather than a plane would be required to get the correct effect. A simple plane would not cause suffiencent refraction to give a realistic effect.

Reactions: Mescalino

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
In Psyche, game in development, you will have to decide between two candidates which one will be your personal assistant. In the game story they will be in clothes, but I decided to antecipate the election in a peculiar way. Which one would you choose:

They wont be in clothes for long, however. ;)

ravenhawk

Jul 2, 2017
In Psyche, game in development, you will have to decide between two candidates which one will be your personal assistant. In the game story they will be in clothes, but I decided to antecipate the election in a peculiar way. Which one would you choose:

I think you mean selection, not election.

Election refers to a formal and organized process by which a selection is made on the basis of a choice made by population. ... Selection can be referred to as an act of choosing any kind of entity, whereas elections are generally held to select the winner of a position or a political office.

ravenhawk

Jul 2, 2017
It was a quibble, considering that here many users can vote, in the game is definitely a selection :)
Do you mean you're asking us, the readers of the thread, to select? If that's the case, then it is an election. I thought you meant they were two job applicants in the game, and as the MC, you would select one for the job.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, I'd go for two shifts: one gal in the morning, other gal in the afternoon, with their schedules overlapping around lunchtime - with the understanding that the three of us would be getting busy together...
:p

(Both are good, left would be my first choice if I had to choose).

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes