3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
Okay I dunno where to put this but I need some help I just downloaded Skin Builder for Genesis 3. everything at the bottom of the script window is cut off from my screen is there any way to fix that? This happens with Brow Remover as well.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Okay I dunno where to put this but I need some help I just downloaded Skin Builder for Genesis 3. everything at the bottom of the script window is cut off from my screen is there any way to fix that? This happens with Brow Remover as well.
This issue has been discussed in the Skin Builder 3 thread on the Daz3d.com forum. It's a 'screen scaling' issue that relates to the default display percentage of Windows 10. Anyways, there's a workaround fix mentioned there, that should solve this.

Reactions: zramcharan

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
@Zevvi
To my knowledge you either increase or change the way lighting works and/or increase quality.

About lighting. If you use the lighting provided in an asset, like a lamp or some such, make sure that any cover that stands between the actual light and your characters are removed (or Cutout Opacity in the surfaces tab is set to Zero) so that the light can hit the surroundings unhindered.
Same goes for any glass in windows, if you have light coming through those to light the scene.

About quality. Personally I set my quality to a standard of 100 for normal lighting and 300 for areas with poor lighting conditions. I have 15.000 iterations and a max of 10.800 seconds on max time.
In 99% of the times it nets me a decent render that I can use.

If I may give a suggestion here, I would make heavy use of DoF on the two lovebirds and probably play a little more with light and shadow. Especially the background needn't be in focus at all. Concentrate lighting on what you want to show and try to leave the rest up to the imagination of the spectator.

Just my own two cents on the matter.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Reactions: NotHollowGames

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
banner 2_800.jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Episode 1 -

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
After an hour rendering on quality 2.0 i got an error had to screenshot this :FeelsBadMan:, anybody knows other ways to reduce noise?
I have found that the quantity of noise is largely dependent upon the surface characteristics of the textures applied. Typically when you set up scattering / uneven surfaces the convergence / noise takes a major hit. However make surfaces really simple and the characters can wind up looking waxy.

In the renders in my Island series, the surface textures lead to very poor convergence, particularly on character and water surfaces. The images above have been rendered at 4k with roughly 200 iterations and have significant noise. However when down-sampled to 1080p look fairly clean. I could run far higher iterations at lower resolution in the same time, however it ends up looking worse.

Changing the quality of the render seems to have little affect outside taking longer. I just leave it at 1 and use down-sizing to improve quality.

Aug 31, 2017
@Zevvi
To my knowledge you either increase or change the way lighting works and/or increase quality.

About lighting. If you use the lighting provided in an asset, like a lamp or some such, make sure that any cover that stands between the actual light and your characters are removed (or Cutout Opacity in the surfaces tab is set to Zero) so that the light can hit the surroundings unhindered.
Same goes for any glass in windows, if you have light coming through those to light the scene.

About quality. Personally I set my quality to a standard of 100 for normal lighting and 300 for areas with poor lighting conditions. I have 15.000 iterations and a max of 10.800 seconds on max time.
In 99% of the times it nets me a decent render that I can use.

If I may give a suggestion here, I would make heavy use of DoF on the two lovebirds and probably play a little more with light and shadow. Especially the background needn't be in focus at all. Concentrate lighting on what you want to show and try to leave the rest up to the imagination of the spectator.

Just my own two cents on the matter.

Cheers - Kaffekop
thanks for the tips all try to play a bit more with dof.

I have found that the quantity of noise is largely dependent upon the surface characteristics of the textures applied. Typically when you set up scattering / uneven surfaces the convergence / noise takes a major hit. However make surfaces really simple and the characters can wind up looking waxy.

In the renders in my Island series, the surface textures lead to very poor convergence, particularly on character and water surfaces. The images above have been rendered at 4k with roughly 200 iterations and have significant noise. However when down-sampled to 1080p look fairly clean. I could run far higher iterations at lower resolution in the same time, however it ends up looking worse.

Changing the quality of the render seems to have little affect outside taking longer. I just leave it at 1 and use down-sizing to improve quality.
i read about downsampling, do you just reduce the image size manually or is there some kind of program or technique for this? Awesome renders by the way skin looks fantastic.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
thanks for the tips all try to play a bit more with dof.

i read about downsampling, do you just reduce the image size manually or is there some kind of program or technique for this?
If you scale an image down using cubic interpolation, it will do a sort of pixel averaging if you will. A 4k image has 4 times the pixels a 1920 image does (half width and half height). So for each pixel in the 1080 image, there were 4 in the original. When trying to decide what color that pixel should be it will look at those four and kind of average it. This will reduce fireflies/specks to SOME degree, but it's dependent on how contrasting the colors are. If 3 of the pixels were blue and one was basically white, it's not going to be pure blue. You can use a filter to Despeckle an image, this tries to remove high contrasted pixels from an image. The downside of this is it can leave the final image a little blurry.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes