3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

XenoFash

Sep 16, 2020
I let some renders go overnight. It seems I forgot a couple but don't want to render them now, so they're in a new queue.

Sathish in white. This model is pretty limited due to the size, and geoshells.
SathishinWhite_Camera.png
Shoni
ShoniPink3_Camera.png
SathishinWhite2_Camera.png

And here's first and last from a series of 7 with Daynas. This is going to be a Patreon page set.
Daynasloveseat1_Camera.png
Daynasloveseat7_Camera.png

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
My first render, let's call it Backdoor Alleyway Bust, taught me a lot about limits (textures, AA, rendering time, knowledge) so I would love for you to give me some input on how I can improve the most glaring errors (e.g those awful jagged shadows - why are they even there?).

The scene depicts a couple caught in the headlights of car by the way if it wasn't already obvious. Thx.

Backdoor Alleyway Bust.jpg

Straz3D

Jun 16, 2019
office.png

Long time since my last render posted here. Had to post one at least for my birthday.

Got really disapointed when I realised the black screen behind wasn't a window since I wanted to add a background to it but however it looks okay enough to make it seems like night-time at the office. Im spending a lot of time on the code of my future game as I don't want it to be a VN but a real game where the player must do something else than just choices in a dialogue.

Also really surprised of the overall level since I took a little break, so good to see.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
My first render, let's call it Backdoor Alleyway Bust, taught me a lot about limits (textures, AA, rendering time, knowledge) so I would love for you to give me some input on how I can improve the most glaring errors (e.g those awful jagged shadows - why are they even there?).

The scene depicts a couple caught in the headlights of car by the way if it wasn't already obvious. Thx.

View attachment 1038157
First things first, and I will assume you use Iray... not enough pixel samples, and way too much nearby lighting. That's what gives those shadows. Move the lights a little further back, and use a night-time HDRI map, as the core environmental illumination. Then, for this particular scene, use TWO spotlights, positioned at around where thecar's headlights would be, narrow the beam on each, and lower the intensity just enough. Let the HDRI give the base illumination, and only use the spotlights to add the necessary effect.
Also, always create a camera, using the "copy active view" option, in the camera creation popup (it gives you a camera that is located and angled in a way that it matches what you currently see in the main viewport, assuming you're happy with the angle and all), select the camera view, and, on the camera properties, turn off the headlamp. In fact, unless you are trying to achieve flash photography, ALWAYS keep the headlamp off.
In time, you'll get the eye for the little details, like editing limb bending to achieve a more plausible pose. In this particular case, the man's shins are up in mid-air. Trying to fuck like that will surely destroy your kneecaps before you can say "I'm cumming". And, his hand looks like it's about to sink his fingers through the concrete. But, I have done way worse mistakes when I was fresh in the field, so don't feel too scared.
Finally, if you do GPU renders, consider turning on the Depth of Field function on the camera, it delivers far more eye-catching end results, keeping the focus where you want it, rather than letting the eye jump along all the little details that can distract the viewer if they remain too crisp.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Then, for this particular scene, use TWO spotlights, positioned at around where the car's headlights would be [...]
I actually did that but I only found out right now that you can use Iray in the viewport. Maybe this gives me a better chance to eyeball what the dimensions of the cones should be but I doubt it :D

In fact, unless you are trying to achieve flash photography, ALWAYS keep the headlamp off.
Oops, good call.

In this particular case, the man's shins are up in mid-air. Trying to fuck like that will surely destroy your kneecaps before you can say "I'm cumming". And, his hand looks like it's about to sink his fingers through the concrete.
I've actually bend the fingers to fit inside the joint gap. The right shins are elevated by the kneecap and the foot. You're right though, it looks a bit odd.

With "pixel samples" you meant the number of max samples, right? Thank you.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
I actually did that but I only found out right now that you can use Iray in the viewport. Maybe this gives me a better chance to eyeball what the dimensions of the cones should be but I doubt it :D
Pro-tip: Among the view options on the main (and aux) view, you will find the spotlights as well. And, in their properties, when selected from the scene elements tree, you can adjust the cone, flaps etcetera. If you use each spotlight's view option, and work your way through the light's options, you can have an idea on how much, and how spread its lighting would be. Not an exact science, but gets you a vague idea, that you can then finetune with the iray preview.

With "pixel samples" you meant the number of max samples, right? Thank you.
Yes and no... Yes, higher pixels samples on the render settings, as well as higher quality value are important, but... if you won't let the convergence ratio hit at least 85% to 90%, you won't gain much, even if you max out the settings. The reason for it, is that, unlike what the default cycles, or octane (if my memory serves me well) rendering procedure, that's linear, dividing the canvas into bucket-sized blocks, and completing one at a time, Iray is a bit like luxrender, and works on the entirety of the canvas, denoizing and fine-tuning each pixel gradually. You can easily see this, if you render something with an hDRI dome light only. The static, emissive-only HDR dome hits maximum convergence pretty fat, most of the canvas surrounding the main object/figure gets as clear and noise-free as it can possibly get, you have a fast convergence jump, usually from 0 to anywhere between 50 and 75% within minutes if you do GPU rendering, but the figure/object itself remains grainy, noisy and heavily unfinished. You can even see it in your example render. The trash bag is perfectly rendered, sheen, shine and shading are all crisp, bottle if perfectly fine, debris, trash and ground are great, wall and door are fine, trashcans too, but the figures have jagged shadows, and grain in their darker skin portions.

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Hi, I need an opinion/advice on lighting. Thanks in advance :)

Lighting is not very user friendly on Daz and requires a huge amount of time and work for a result that might look a little better but adds other problems, so I wonder sometimes if it is worth the bother on certain scenes like this one. Thanks !

Which one do you like better between A, B or C ? In terms of lighting. Camera angle and sky background don't matter.

A/
ssd2 aswandam NR A.png

B/
ssd2 aswandam NR B.png

C/
ssd2 aswandam NR C.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes