3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Something feels off to me with this one but I just can't pin it, maybe its the eyes? Maybe just uncanny valley?

View attachment 1051260

I do feel like adding a light to give some shine to his eyes would make it seem more natural, also it looks like he has a awkward twist in the base of his neck? and it may be the lighting, but it looks like his hair is sitting above his head slightly.

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

RandomFarmer

Jul 3, 2017
Looks good, but first pic lacks sense of movement, it's not clear who threw the barrel until the 3rd picture. The alien pose is a good indicator but it's not enough, because it also looks like the guy's using telekinesis to control the barrel. Maybe add some motion blur in post.
Yeah my bad. didn't thing of including this previous one.
2dd80.png

Reactions: fsap1

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
If anyone is curious, this is part of a series of posts in the Fanart forum for the game Fashion Business. Here's the link to it.

Side note: I recently learned how to use Depth of Field, I think this is a great way to allow me to easily use Billboards for making background people without making it obvious that they are flat images. Hopefully I didn't overdo it here.

I would appreciate if anyone has suggestions on areas I should improve.

1.2A.png 1.3A.png 1.4A.png

The image used in the cellphone screen is this one here:

1.4B.png

PS: pewpewrobot, in regards to our last conversation, I tried your suggestion of putting a low source of light next to the billboard to be able to dictate the direction of the shadows, but sadly that did not work. I still appreciate the suggestion!

With that said, I also tried putting billboards and a 3d model in another simple scene and all the shadows were pointing in the same direction, so what I think is happening in this city scene is that the floor itself and the building windows are reflecting light in such a way that causes these shadows to go to different directions.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes