3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

VRX_Creations

Jul 9, 2018
Even if I have a good graphic card, I use the post denoiser to accelerate the render.
The quality is not optimal but I can render more images..
I use it here too. Since version 4.15 no longer supports my GPU, it has only been using the processor. It's so frustrating to know I have a GPU and can't use it :cry:

Sep 16, 2019
30-40 minutes would be quite fast for my renders :D But I must admit, I'm a bit obsessed with the fine details, so all of my characters render at SubD level 4. So 5 - 7 hours, depending on the environment, are pretty normal with a quality setting of 2 or 3. And I also spend a not insisignificant amout of money for hardware (ryzen 9 3900X, rtx 2070).
You definitely have way more experience and knowledge than me. I have to admit I'm not even sure what SubD level 4 is. I have so much to learn.

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
You definitely have way more experience and knowledge than me. I have to admit I'm not even sure what SubD level 4 is. I have so much to learn.
Nah, I wouldn't say that. Maybe other experience and knowledge :LOL:
The quick explanation for SubD or subdivision level is: It increases the amount of mesh polygons of the model, so that finer details like wrinkles can be displayed and rendered. In DAZ, you can change the SubD level of yout figure in the tab "Parameters" > "Mesh resolution". If you set the resolution level on "High resolution", you can select the SubD level for view and rendering separtely. Depending on the figure, default is 3 and it can go up to 4 or 5. So in conclusion: The higher the setting of the SubD level is, the more details can be displayed. But more polygons in your scene will increase the estimated rendering time enormeous.

Sep 16, 2019
Nah, I wouldn't say that. Maybe other experience and knowledge :LOL:
The quick explanation for SubD or subdivision level is: It increases the amount of mesh polygons of the model, so that finer details like wrinkles can be displayed and rendered. In DAZ, you can change the SubD level of yout figure in the tab "Parameters" > "Mesh resolution". If you set the resolution level on "High resolution", you can select the SubD level for view and rendering separtely. Depending on the figure, default is 3 and it can go up to 4 or 5. So in conclusion: The higher the setting of the SubD level is, the more details can be displayed. But more polygons in your scene will increase the estimated rendering time enormeous.
Thanks for that, much appreciated. Something else I can mess around with (y) .

Reactions: InsertFreakyName
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes