3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
This doesn't look all that right or good... So much for this idea :) :unsure:

View attachment 1111685
One problem is the scale - the house is to small compared to the grass in the front and on the side. A step is about 20cm, meaning the 7 steps of the stairs are about 140cm (55in). Even it the steps were only 15cm it would be 105cm (42in) That kind of grass in the picture is normally about 15cm with longer parts up to 40cm. If you look on the left side the grass looks like it has the height of the stairs...... It maybe would be better to use something like to make the floor with the grass and rocks and use the upper half of the pic you used for the background.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Another potential problem I think I will get into will be that most of the assets and poses that I want to use ie: vehicle, poses, hot tub, model (girl) are for G3FV7 and I have a shit load of G8F assets that I really want to use ( clothes, poses, etc ) along with morphs that are for G8 It is going to be fun that is for sure trying to build two models that are close enough to be able to interchange back and forth. Maybe even impossible............
There are plenty of G3 clothes assets to be found though. Check Render state or 3D load. I'm pretty sure you'll find suitable ones for your needs. Otherwise either try to convert your model to G8 but most of the time the clothes can be fitted with a bit limited functionality. There are also clothes asset converters if I'm not mistaken.

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Another potential problem I think I will get into will be that most of the assets and poses that I want to use ie: vehicle, poses, hot tub, model (girl) are for G3FV7 and I have a shit load of G8F assets that I really want to use ( clothes, poses, etc ) along with morphs that are for G8 It is going to be fun that is for sure trying to build two models that are close enough to be able to interchange back and forth. Maybe even impossible............
You can convert assets from Genesis 8 to Genesis 3 and vice-versa.
I, for example, decided to work with Genesis 8, whenever I see something from Genesis 3 I really like, I install it and immediately convert it to Genesis 8.

RiverSoft Art are out best friends here:

They have clothes converters (from G8 to G3 and from G3 to G8)

Characters converters (G8 to G3 and from G3 to G8)

Pose converters (G8 to G3 and from G3 to G8)

For converting Morphs there's XTransfer:

Hugh G. Rection

Jan 10, 2020
In addition to what everyone already said, you could also edit the "Scene Identification" for your figure in your given scene eg: making your G3 treated as a G8. Not to imply it is a perfect solution, but it's a trick which saved me a lot of time and headache on several occasions.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
That is what I was thinking, but the yard that goes with the asset just doesn't fit or look good at all. There is DOF for the HDRI. If I could get around the house and driveway scenes I would do it but that would ruin or kill a portion of the story. Trying to make them on the easy side if at all possible. I am finding that to be an issue........... :) The biggest issue that I am finding whit working with HDRI's is that where you save a scene isn't how it comes back up when loaded again..
One Idea I had, and this is pretty simple.

Here is a very quick image I rendered out. It could use a lot of work to make it better but it was fast, all you need to do is find a background image that you like, with grass and trees in the background and use it as a backdrop for your render. You can still use an HDRI for the lighting as I am doing here, just turn it off from view in your scene and you will be using the hdri light with the background.

Then all you need to do is position the house to be the best possible height and distance to look good.

Adding some other props in front of the house would make it look even better, like a table or even a close-up tree. and of course, DOF will always make it look better. Anyways just wanted to give my thoughts.

house.jpg

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
One Idea I had, and this is pretty simple.

Here is a very quick image I rendered out. It could use a lot of work to make it better but it was fast, all you need to do is find a background image that you like, with grass and trees in the background and use it as a backdrop for your render. You can still use an HDRI for the lighting as I am doing here, just turn it off from view in your scene and you will be using the hdri light with the background.

Then all you need to do is position the house to be the best possible height and distance to look good.

Adding some other props in front of the house would make it look even better, like a table or even a close-up tree. and of course, DOF will always make it look better. Anyways just wanted to give my thoughts.

View attachment 1112053
That is a good thoughgt and idea I will play with it some, still need a drive of some kind and can work from there I think..

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Working on trying to young down the girl a little and use the closest assets, but having trouble moving the pubic hair over to the teen 8 model.. in fact I think I lost it. :( Still have to find the right hair, but the shorter ver is OK also. I'll get there some day...

brenda 1 and 2.jpg

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Got the Pub's moves to smaller girl but still don't know where I found them for other model, it was a little tricky to fit right but I think it is correct.. Getting there, and having fun in a strange warped way... :)

brenda 1 and 2 pubic moved.jpg

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I made or saved as a preset, but cant find it in list. It there a way once I start getting a little better grasp of things to group a character/actor into an area where I can get to it easy and fast without looking for it for an hour.......?

csbond2

Donor
Jun 12, 2020
I made or saved as a preset, but cant find it in list. It there a way once I start getting a little better grasp of things to group a character/actor into an area where I can get to it easy and fast without looking for it for an hour.......?
Might be better off trying to save it as a scene and not a preset scenes are easy to find and if you need help I can give you a screenshot to show you how to find them.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes