3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
View attachment 1120475 is this photo too dark. any suggestion on how to lighting it up for a night scene..
I usually light my scene pretty well and use a cinema trick on post, reduce exposure/increase highlights and blue light/cold color.

Edit: Not saying that you can't light it properly, but for me it's usually not worth it as most night shots get alot of noise if you don't light it enough.

bxIvan

Engaged Member
Dec 3, 2017
I usually light my scene pretty well and use a cinema trick on post, reduce exposure/increase highlights and blue light/cold color.

i did just that, the original was all blue so i used a combination of light blue and black. will read the information you just gave me.

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
#PotatoSquad
View attachment 1117839
This one has several firsts for me.
-First fully custom environment made up of assets from several asset packs
-First time I use clear water made with a primitive and a shader on it (and adjusted colour a bit).
-First time I (partly) submerge a model
-First time I used a splash asset.

I know the water looks too still but I'm already glad I got the colour and refraction index.
I got a tip for other water shaders that I will look in to aswell, maybe those will have some ripple effect.
The first water was just a semi-transparent that didn't have the image distortion water should have.
This shader had refraction out of the box, I think this is a shader that came with the first install of Daz Studio.
The hair asset on Caroline doesn't have wet options so I only went with messing up the ponytail a bit.
I'm open to suggestions to improve on these few issues.
I'm by no means a hero when it comes to the surfaces tab, but I do know there are loads of possibilities when working with that menu.
My Learning curve does become steeper as I challenge myself to try more complex things.
I am by NO means an authority on this, but if I'm not mistaken, real water refraction is at 1.13 (don't quote me on that)
anyhoo, I think you nailed it, I smell what you're cookin', I think the refraction is great ! good shadows, ripples and splash !
I can see what you're going for since the water is clear and still. Good work bro !

Reactions: Willibrordus

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
I very sorry to post this here, but very suddenly i get this morph bug.
Especially on right eye of Gen8 female models.

Did anyone have same thing?
1617409279870.png

If it not very noticeable, one of vertices of eyeball moving side when i use "close eye" control.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes