3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
OK I have another problem sort of related to the night lighting from before, but this scene is inside and supposed to be a night time event. However the background HDRI to fill in the window space is day time, and sort of obvious to say the least. Is there a way to darken the outside background lighting only.

deb-arrive-7.jpg

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Another example: Up until now I have been trying to avoid the window, but now really can't avoid it...........

deb-arrive-10.jpg

Reactions: csbond2

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
OK I have another problem sort of related to the night lighting from before, but this scene is inside and supposed to be a night time event. However the background HDRI to fill in the window space is day time, and sort of obvious to say the least. Is there a way to darken the outside background lighting only.

View attachment 1173265
I must be (once again) misunderstanding your question...
If you are asking how to make a daytime HDRI darker, I'd suggest 2 options:

1) Download a night HDRI
2) Lower the daytime HDRI's intensity in the "Environment" tab
Again, sorry if I'm misunderstanding your intentions.

edit: PS - If you already haven't... Turn off (or delete) the roof, It'll render a little faster.

Happy Rendering ?

Last edited:

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018

View attachment 1173265
yes go to render settings > environment > 1619891202548.png
lower it a lot (to like 0.01 and you have nightish You could also open the HDRI and edit it in photoshop (equivalent) and turn up the blue a lot in combination for a better night effect.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I must be (once again) misunderstanding your question...
If you are asking how to make a daytime HDRI darker, I'd suggest 2 options:

1) Download a night HDRI
2) Lower the daytime HDRI's intensity in the "Environment" tab
Again, sorry if I'm misunderstanding your intentions.

edit: PS - If you already haven't... Turn off (or delete) the roof, It'll render a little faster.

Happy Rendering ?
I will see what happens with both suggestions,,, never thought of hiding the roof. I did have a hell of a time with the outside night HDRI just a page or two back.... I am learning little by little (y)

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
yes go to render settings > environment > View attachment 1173322
lower it a lot (to like 0.01 and you have nightish You could also open the HDRI and edit it in photoshop (equivalent) and turn up the blue a lot in combination for a better night effect.
Thanks give it a try and see what happens ....

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
I will see what happens with both suggestions,,, never thought of hiding the roof. I did have a hell of a time with the outside night HDRI just a page or two back.... I am learning little by little (y)
Same here man; I'm still newb IMO. but I've made a habit of studying my hobby while waiting for renders to complete
(when possible) Anyhow, here's something else I do but I can't prove it's entirely necessary. (Currently rendering)

The red parts illustrate how much space the entire scene would take up if I'd left it in.
Sorta goes back to my "No one knows it's not on location but me" statement.

Bare Bones.png
Only 1 camera shot, and no need for light to bounce all over the place taking up time and resources.

Happy Rendering !

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Same here man; I'm still newb IMO. but I've made a habit of studying my hobby while waiting for renders to complete
(when possible) Anyhow, here's something else I do but I can't prove it's entirely necessary. (Currently rendering)

The red parts illustrate how much space the entire scene would take up if I'd left it in.
Sorta goes back to my "No one knows it's not on location but me" statement.

View attachment 1173428
Only 1 camera shot, and no need for light to bounce all over the place taking up time and resources.

Happy Rendering !
Yepp; I have some plans for the house scene outside which is real heavy with assets that the test took forever to run. All I really going to need is a side or back wall, and hide the rest. The problem the house is a single unit... with a double shit load of hideable inside walls, lighting, fixtures, etc., but not the outside walls like most sets

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes