3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
Wanna hear a noob, newbie, noobest joke ?
Huh ? are you ready ???

OK, the following thumbnail was part of a series of renders created on 1/20/21 entitled "Camille's Nightmare"

CN4.jpg

It was done Waaaaay back in my 3Delight days (which ended last week when I finally realized Iray was free btw)
I used... - almost ashamed to say -

I used 17 lights and an Uber environment for this final pic that kicked my ass for 4 whole days to get it "just right".

17 lights ! wait a second... SEVENTEEN !!!

OK, I'm back. *phew* This next render is the Iray sequel to that which wasn't fully realized at the time.

/bow

Nightmare Sequel.png

Most Digital Creations' "HellFire"

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
I have noticed that too, I have had to dump a few and change or add a light, which for me at the moment is a pain.. :) then re-render it again. I have trouble with the lights when I add one it blacks out the view I am in "Texture Shaded" and have to switch to PBR which works but I don't care for it most of the time.. :)
There's an option to turn of "Preview Lights" in the Window menu. (or you can press Ctrl+L).

1619982034947.png

This will get rid of the black out issue, but the trade off is that you can't see where the lights are pointing. I'll use it to get the lights set up and then turn the Preview Lights back on to finish up the scene.

Reactions: tripod70

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
There's an option to turn of "Preview Lights" in the Window menu. (or you can press Ctrl+L).

View attachment 1175231

This will get rid of the black out issue, but the trade off is that you can't see where the lights are pointing. I'll use it to get the lights set up and then turn the Preview Lights back on to finish up the scene.
Thanks: I will look into that also,,,, So much to learn, and so little mind to put it in. :)

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
I am trying to figure something out. The scenes I have been working on are a series of conversation scenes, and from the same load and assets without getting out of that scene and reloading or loading another. It is all position changing in the scene by changing the viewport by swinging back and forth between actors, and zoom out etc. I have "Post denoise" turned on and it works hit and miss. Some renders it works and some (most) do not. Any Ideas.......
Examples below: These 4 are in order of rendering from same scene, just different angle.
AND here comes Woo with his 2 Yen...
I'm in agreement with #csbond2 and #BamID.
If I may suggest a "work-around" since poor lighting would cause noise in renders.
(different angles of same scene = different lighting) as #csbond2 pointed out.

I'd "Create Null" and position that null in front of "beautiful girl" forehead.
Choose each light one by one and parent them to the null. When finished
Use CTRL-click on all of your lights so they are all highlighted in the scene tab then "Create Group"
So once you have your lighting as you like it on shot #1, then you only need to rotate your "Lights Group" on shot #2 etc.

probably gonna be rotating on the Y axis. Then all of your renders basically have the same lighting and render times.

• Hey there
Reactions: tripod70

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
AND here comes Woo with his 2 Yen...
I'm in agreement with #csbond2 and #BamID.
If I may suggest a "work-around" since poor lighting would cause noise in renders.
(different angles of same scene = different lighting) as #csbond2 pointed out.

I'd "Create Null" and position that null in front of "beautiful girl" forehead.
Choose each light one by one and parent them to the null. When finished
Use CTRL-click on all of your lights so they are all highlighted in the scene tab then "Create Group"
So once you have your lighting as you like it on shot #1, then you only need to rotate your "Lights Group" on shot #2 etc.

probably gonna be rotating on the Y axis. Then all of your renders basically have the same lighting and render times.
(y) Will try any thing at least once.. maybe even twice... :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes