3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I have said this in my game thread, here I copy/paste it for you.
____________________I am not a guru but...
I want to share my workflow for some bigger scenes with you. Please ignore if you have known already.

1) I use to lower the resolutions of textures visible in the scene. Usually, my maximum sizes are 2048 and the minimum ones are 1024 or 512 ( if that is the original resolution of that texture). There is no rule but the goal is to keep the scene loads not more than your GPU's Memory. Mine is 1660 super 6GB, so I try to keep my scene lower than 6GB. By doing that your computer will never ask CPU for a fallback. As a good consequence, you are 100% okay to turn Denoiser on. Otherwise, if your computer asks for CPU for help while rendering, there will be no Denoiser punching in even though we turned it on. I know using denoiser is hurtful but denoising later in photoshop is more hurtful.

View attachment 1171497

2) In render>Progressive Rendering, Rendering Quality Enable must be turned on, if you want to use denoiser.

View attachment 1171501
3) Putting Instancing Optimization from memory or auto to Speed is optional. But every little help.

View attachment 1171503

4) Finally, set Noise Degrain Filtering to 1 to avoid white grains.
Below are 100% must

Point Denoiser Available = On
Post-Denoiser Enable = On
Post Denoiser Start Iteration = 8 ( This is the best one, I can tell you from some experiments I have done in past)
Post Denoiser Denoise Alpha = On (this is optional)

With Post Denoiser Start Iteration = 8, you can see the result at the very earlier stage and can decide when to stop/cancel you render. Otherwise, for example, if you set it to 500, then you will have to wait till 500 to see how it will look like with denoiser turned on. With lower number like 8, the result can be seen quite well starting from like 50 for most cases.

One last thing to do before rendering is:

View attachment 1171506

5) Disable Allow CPU fall back and uncheck CPU under Rendering/Advance tab.

This will make sure to let you know that your PC will only be rendering with GPU which is a lot faster than CPU does. And Denoiser will surely be turned on if you lowered texture maps to suitable sizes according to your GPU's Memory Usage.

Hopefully, most smaller scenes are usually done rendering within 1-2 minutes for me. The bigger scene takes 20 minutes at most for me.

If possible adjusting exposure under tone mapping (don't take it wrong they are also necessary for pre-processing work to look better than natural) to brighten the scene will not speed up your rendering, it just removes the grains like ISO work on a real-life camera. If your scene is dark, the first thing to do both in DAZ studio and in real-life is to add lightings. Try adding emissive lights, surfaces (sometimes called ghost lightings) if you don't want to end up spending your GPU usage with point/spotlights. But from the POV of photography using a wider diameter lighting source (Both on Spotlight and Emissive Surface) or filtering the light with soft white/yellow plane surfaces will make your scene look like great standard in my knowledge. Softer shadow edges mean a great work of Gaffers in the shooting. But I am sure it will be optional for scary/creepy scenes.

I hope it helps. Thank you for reading.
I had scene optimizer in my dl's and installed it and that seems to took care of the problem. I will run a few to see how it preforms.. So far so good, back to the 3080 that I am use to... (y) Now to just get the scripts up on the tool bar so I can find it easier.

• Red Heart
Reactions: After Choices

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
I didn't see any replies, so here's my 2 Yen (whatever it's worth on your side of the planet)
You mentioned 2 issues, skin textures and the sweater/ jacket thing.

Separate body parts (for textures) can be found under your "Surfaces" tab. To do 2 or more textures at once just hold down Ctrl key for each body part. (sorry if you already know this)

It's difficult for me to understand 'cause I don't SEE the issue before you corrected it so I'll try to cover all bases...
"Poke-through" on clothing I try to solve in one of 2 ways.
If my model's SKIN (i.e. Shoulder or Forearm) is poking through my sweater I would either:

Goto Scene tab and make it invisible, (click on that "eye" icon -OR-
Select the sweater (Scene tab) and goto Edit tab> Figure> Geometry> Add Smoothing Modifier.
With the sweater still highlighted goto your Parameters tab and click the drop-down arrow if it isn't opened already

click on "Mesh Smoothing" and MAKE YOUR MODEL (G8F, Gen2,3, V4) your "Collision Item"
dial your "Collision Iterations" to about 5-7.

***This part may have seemed complicated but it really isn't after this happens several times IMHO***

Your sweater should have overlapped your skin now, if not then slowly dial up your "Smoothing Iterations" the same way.
both should increased little by little or else the preview time takes longer the higher the "Collision Iterations.

Again, not fully understanding the issue, maybe your sweater was poking out of the jacket ? Then maybe you would likely HAVE to add Smoothing Modifier to the jacket and make the SWEATER the "Collision Item".

The skin issue on your 2nd pic I've only seen once and that was when I attempted to put a youth mat (skin texture)
on an adult. Youth face didn't fit adult face, arms, fingers etc.

Sorry if I've mentioned something you are already aware of, I mean no offense.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes