3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
Does anyone use Octane when rendering in DAZ ? It is faster than iray and the render looks realistic but with octane I get problems with poses and assets . Poses are removed or messed up and assets sometimes just appear at the scene center and not where I dropped them. When I render the same scene with iray is everything ok. And to make it clear - octane does not mess with the scene only with the resulting render.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Does anyone use Octane when rendering in DAZ ? It is faster than iray and the render looks realistic but with octane I get problems with poses and assets . Poses are removed or messed up and assets sometimes just appear at the scene center and not where I dropped them. When I render the same scene with iray is everything ok. And to make it clear - octane does not mess with the scene only with the resulting render.
not really but my first thought would be that you need to set a different frame on the timeline to render in Octane. Iray is set to current frame by default and I guess Octane is set to last frame by default? Idk but I think it's a bug that if you progress through the timeline some objects return to their ground state.
If you don't want to check all the settings try reducing the timeline to only frame 0 that usually clears up the issue with the timeline...

Zero frame
1622743523762.png

vs frame 150 (chair has moved to the middle of the room and mouse and keyboards are out of place)
1622743583511.png

And this is how the timeline looks:
1622743708478.png

Last edited:

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: ArturiousDesign
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes